efficiency laboratories worklog/future projects

el01

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
Hello!

Here you will find efficiency laboratories' current general work and discussion of future products. You can also vote here:
https://strawpoll.com/7h5ss7zx
https://strawpoll.com/5cak5b2w

Current worklog:
I have obtained some foam board for Project L2D, and will start actual construction later this week.
Doing sketches of various projects (a compact open-loop tube bending tool made of 3D printed plastics, PCC-01-N [NAS version of PCC-01])
Brainstorming of future PCC-series cases

Future projects ("the backlog"):
PCC-01.x series: modifications of the PCC-001 frame for various hardware configurations

PCC-02.x series: budget, stripped-down ITX test benches. Accommodate SFX power supplies, ITX motherboards, coolers up to 120mm in height (hypothetically infinite), up to 3 120mm fans, up to 3 240mm radiators with accessory kit, and 6 2.5" SSDs/HDDs in default configuration

PCC-03.x series: ATX case with SFX unit mounted above the PCIe slots (for users desiring more PCIe devices)

PCC-04.x series: ITX case inspired by the Loque Ghost and DAN A4, without SFX support and with many fan support options

FH-001: 2.5" drive form factor fan hub with support for up to 8 fans.
FH-001t: fits in half a 2.5" drive or clipped anywhere on the case with magnets.

Acrylic/aluminum? versions of all current cases

SUMMARY:
The purpose of this thread is to gauge interest in future projects, and to discuss what you would like to see from me. Hope you find something that interests you!
-el01

el01

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
OK, some updates...

-PCC-01.x is officially on "slow-mode" on my agenda: I might work on it once in a while when I feel like it. Basic, minimal pictoral instructions will be created hopefully by the end of September (I have to do school though, so expect delays.)
-PCC-02.x is pretty much done, and all I need to do is make the modular fan mounts and cable routing attachments. Expect a few photos by the end of the week. I will attempt to take it to China (bag space permitting) so I can do instructions :)
-I'm currently thinking about how to bend steel for a PCC-01.x remake, so if you're interested in me maybe selling these on Etsy, message me and maybe (emphasis on maybe) I can reserve you a chassis.
-Given my travel to China, I will buy a ton of fan headers and other small components so I can start the FH-001 and FH-001t. Hopefully, I can get something set up so I can sell through Etsy or something.

Finally, I'm thinking about starting an AIO case for ITX systems. If you think this is a good idea, please show your support somehow.

I've been stuck in a rut currently trying to think of ideas for unique chassis designs (I really don't want to make bland products), so if you have any, again, please message me.

Thanks for tuning in :)
-el01

el01

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
Updates:

I've been thinking of how to bend metal for a PCC-01.x metal edition, so... yeah. I need to find a relatively cheap supply of metal for that, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Ventilation in the PCC-01.x hasn't been decided yet, but I'll most likely shove some vents on the sides and bottom of the case. Not very good for a downdraft-style cooler, but meh.

Finally, I'll bring my PCC-02.x prototype to China so I can maybe finish instructions on that. I have a bit of time tomorrow to do some final touches to the design and to post pictures.

el01

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
Greetings from China!

There's not much to say here, I'm mostly just drawing cases for now.

I will try to convert my Lenovo IdeaPad 100s into a mini PC for the performance-per-liter competition once I get back to the U.S.