Dust filter for top vent of M1?

dream3

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
I know it is not usual to use dust filters for exhaust vents but my case stays by the window and over a week a lot of dust builds up on top of my stuff.
I can run my finger through my furniture and it comes out grey. So I wanted to reduce the times I need to open up and clean my m1 by using a filter in the top.
Since there's no official filter for the top vent, so do you guys have any suggestions?

MisterNguyen

Efficiency Noob
Mar 13, 2019
The dust filter included for the side bracket covers the top panel perfectly. If you aren't using it then you could double side tape/adhesive that filter to the underside of the top panel. Alternatively you could order any fine mesh and cut it to size and stick it up under the top panel.

dream3

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
The dust filter included for the side bracket covers the top panel perfectly. If you aren't using it then you could double side tape/adhesive that filter to the underside of the top panel. Alternatively you could order any fine mesh and cut it to size and stick it up under the top panel.

Oh I see, cause the magnets dont work with the top panel right? What would be the most clean/elegant way to stick it to the underside of that panel? Anything other than doubletape?

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
don´t know where in the world you live but here you go good quality dust filters for the m1 they make them with magnets if you have a case with a non-ferrous surfaces ask them to include a magnetic frame if you are in doubt https://www.demcifilter.com/NCASE-M1

they are also easy to clean

Reactions: rfarmer