Composition Ncase m1 for silent gaming and hobbymining

Bullz

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Apr 30, 2018
Hello, would like to put together a ncase for gaming and would like to try hobby mäßig bit minen out of attraction to the thing. Important it should be quiet. Would like but at the same time not miss the portability of a MiniITX system.

Goal: price performance. Currently trying to get a 3060 ti for max 470 euro. If I have this there I buy the remaining components.

So I would like to build the system together.

Cheap assembly

Compilation:
CPU 5600x
CPU cooler Noctua C14S
GPU 3060 TI ( the one I get deshroud I would do if it would do any good and I can rebuild it back)
Ram 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2D3600C18
Any 2 TB M.2 SSD https://geizhals.at/corsair-force-series-mp510-1-92tb-cssd-f1920gbmp510-a1907873.html?hloc=at
Mainboard ASRock B550M-ITX/a 121 euro very cheap or cheap junk ?
PSU Corsair SF600
Fans: 4x NF-A12X25's 2x NF-A12X15's 1X NF-A9X25 !!! Buttom (2 slots 42mm 2xNF-A12x25 or 2.5 slot 50mm NF-A12X15)) !!!

Dust filter NCASE M1 - Bottom
Dust filter NCASE M1 - Top
Dust filter NCASE M1 - Side
Dust filter NCASE M1 - Rear

1.) Would also like to use dust filters in all positions where they make sense ? If a fan blows out, you don't need a dust filter at this position or ? Then only the one at the top position would make sense for me or ? In the upper link he uses top and rear filters.

2.) Should I change any component. Can I somehow get an optimization.

3.) When assembling I then only need a typewriter ? Would not like to start on day X with before friends to build up to notice that a little thing is missing.

thanks

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

yimingwuzere

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2020
I did a bunch of tests that could involve "hobby mining" with an RTX 3080 in this case, since I wanted to see what's the absolute worst case VRAM temperatures were. Best bet is to flip the case upside down, and use 120mm fans as intake if you're using a deshrouded card, but with no mesh filter for the bottom 120mm intake fans.

1) Dust filters aren't really needed for exhaust.

2) 3060Ti needs a big heatsink and should be 2.5++ slots with the stock fans on it. That Asrock motherboard is junk, but should be fine with a 5600X as long as you don't mind the crappy I/O ports and lack of other features. If you're going with NH-C14S and using the PSU in the SFX alignment, you'll need 3 NF-A12x25, if PSU is in the ATX position then you'll only need two.

3) Not sure what you mean by "typewriter", the translator must have used a less accurate word here.