Production Dr Zaber Sentry - Console-sized gaming PC case project

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
we just added small clock to our website... :D

Twiddle

Efficiency Noob
Jan 28, 2018
I noticed in the email that this will be a small run to test the new production and shipping methods. Hopefully this test goes smoothly ^_^

Sadly I will not be able to grab a case from this, but it is very exciting to see retail availability on the horizon.

Reactions: Biowarejak

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Yeah, i saw the email and i have to tell you i will probably be waiting to see it reach zero...
But let me ask, is there a way that i can see the probable shipping price?

The offer we received from DHL we divided in 5 groups (prices in pre-sale will be shown in PLN but below I will post them calculated in EURO):

€7,00 - group 1, Poland
€19,00 - group 2, for ex. Germany, Czech Republic
€29,00 - group 3, for ex. France, Austria, Great Britiain
€46,00 - group 4, for ex. USA, Canada, Greece
€64,00 - group 5. for ex. China, Brasil, Australia

Comparing to the prices during the campaign, these are around 58% higher, but also now we are going mostly with air transport outside EU and mix of air and road transport inside EU, so people won't be counting waiting time in months but in days.

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
What change have you made from the first batch?

Like we wrote in our newsletter, this still be 1.1 version, the same one which we were shipping during the indiegogo campaign. We received a lot of feedback, and the most common problem was long delivery time. In that matter we had to improve the packages assembling time and the shipment time. If we calculated everything right, and if there will be no delays from our suppliers, we should be able to send packages after 7-10 days from the sales end, which is a really big improvement. We will be able to check it if we will gather this MOQ of course.

ZeroPucks

Caliper Novice
Nov 28, 2017
This is very exciting news! As I mentioned on the last page, I've already picked up a case from a previous backer in December so I won't be purchasing from this next batch. But I am very happy to see more people will have an opportunity to own a Sentry, and hopefully it will be back in the spotlight as a truly small form factor option.

Side note: Recently changed out my 7700K for a Ryzen 5 1600 build. Haven't had a chance to test it during games or video rendering, but it should hopefully run a little cooler. Also took the opportunity to change the ribbon cables for Corsair's individually sleeved cables, which made organizing them much easier. If one cannot stomach CableMod's prices for custom ones, I'd recommend the Corsair sleeved cables. They aren't any shorter, but they are much easier to work with and make the build look cleaner inside a Sentry.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaperPL

Eigua

Trash Compacter
Jan 25, 2018
I'm stoked to see this case going into another production run! I didn't know about the case until last week and was under the impression from the post in September that it may not be made again.

If we calculated everything right, and if there will be no delays from our suppliers, we should be able to send packages after 7-10 days from the sales end, which is a really big improvement. We will be able to check it if we will gather this MOQ of course.

Since this is a pre-sale, I'm guessing there's going to be some significant lead time. I imagine production will only begin once you sell enough units to justify a new run. How many units is that and do you have any guesses on how long after the sale starts tomorrow until units will ship? I just want to get a ballpark idea so I'll know if I need to be thinking 1 month, 2 months, 6 months, etc.

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Since this is a pre-sale, I'm guessing there's going to be some significant lead time. I imagine production will only begin once you sell enough units to justify a new run. How many units is that and do you have any guesses on how long after the sale starts tomorrow until units will ship? I just want to get a ballpark idea so I'll know if I need to be thinking 1 month, 2 months, 6 months, etc.

We didn't change anything in the project, and during the campaign our steel-parts manufacturer prooved that they can produce elements for 150 cases of this design in 2 weeks. In the current pre-order sale we are offering 100 cases. It means it is very possible that we can manufacture, assemble and pack this batch of cases in the time below 2 weeks after the end of campaign. In other words, for example, if tomorrow we will gather those 100 orders, then they could be sent even before Valentines day. We do not know how really fast is DHL, but outside EU it's an air transport so packages should be delivered in around 10 working days. One of the purposes of this sale is to get this knowledge about this shipping company. We hope we won't be disappointed.

To sum up: it is very possible that you will receive your case in the time below 21 days after the end of sale. I hope this answers your question.

Reactions: Elerek and Eigua

Eigua

Trash Compacter
Jan 25, 2018
We didn't change anything in the project, and during the campaign our steel-parts manufacturer prooved that they can produce elements for 150 cases of this design in 2 weeks. In the current pre-order sale we are offering 100 cases. It means it is very possible that we can manufacture, assemble and pack this batch of cases in the time below 2 weeks after the end of campaign. In other words, for example, if tomorrow we will gather those 100 orders, then they could be sent even before Valentines day. We do not know how really fast is DHL, but outside EU it's an air transport so packages should be delivered in around 10 working days. One of the purposes of this sale is to get this knowledge about this shipping company. We hope we won't be disappointed.

To sum up: it is very possible that you will receive your case in the time below 21 days after the end of sale. I hope this answers your question.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know.

Reactions: SaperPL and ZombiPL

LaughingCheeze

Caliper Novice
Mar 18, 2017
Whoa what's this? Retail? Or a round two?

EDIT: Not that it matters too much now since its not in stock, but does anyone know if the short 1080 from Gigabyte would fit in the Sentry? I read it was slightly taller than usual so I'm wondering if there's enough clearance.

This one.

Eigua

Trash Compacter
Jan 25, 2018
Whoa what's this? Retail? Or a round two?

EDIT: Not that it matters too much now since its not in stock, but does anyone know if the short 1080 from Gigabyte would fit in the Sentry? I read it was slightly taller than usual so I'm wondering if there's enough clearance.

This one.

There's a GPU compatibility spreadsheet here, but the card isn't listed. :(

According to the Gigabyte page, its dimensions are H=37 L=169 W=131 mm. H and L are fine, but I don't see any cards listed so far that have a W dimension > 118. Still looking... All the Gigabyte cards on the list that don't work at W=140 except the watercooled one which is W=124, but I'm not sure if that's because of the watercooling pipes or the W.

Edit: Okay, this 1070 Mini does not work and it has the exact same dimensions of H=37 L=169 W=131 mm, so I would say the one you linked would not work.

Last edited:

LeandroB

Average Stuffer
Jun 2, 2017
OK, i waited for it to reach zero... I entered the site, i clicked the paypal button aaaannnnnddddd, i think i wasn't fast enough... And after try and try again i blocked my paypal account. lol I hate you all. ;_;

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
OK, i waited for it to reach zero... I entered the site, i clicked the paypal button aaaannnnnddddd, i think i wasn't fast enough... And after try and try again i blocked my paypal account. lol I hate you all. ;_;

Maybe it is just a temporary blockade? We sent a newsletter to several thousands people and now our server is a little bit DDOS-ed :) maybe wait a couple of minutes and try again?

Eigua

Trash Compacter
Jan 25, 2018

I have no issue getting to the PayPal screen. I don't think it's sold out. I would buy one, but $347 usd shipped is too steep for me. Cheers.