Downsizing, but to what?!

Tommy5566

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 1, 2019
Hi all,

I am going to be downsizing my matx for a ITX build and wanted to get a few thoughts. I will use the pc for general use and as a media centre and living room gaming, so airflow and cooling needs to be considered to a degree.

I am currently looking at the cougar qbx or the Silverstone sg13. The QBX is much more roomy for new items in the case, but the sg13 is nice and compact. Does anyone have any other suggestions which might work?

Preferably under a £100 budget. The cheaper the better as I can use the money towards better parts in the form of PSU and GPU

Depending on the case dictates what I need to change components wise, but ATM I have 3.5, 2.5, itx GPU (single fan, not low profile), aftermarket but slightly larger than stock cooler and a non modular ATX psu. I obviously need a itx mobo, but beyond that depends on the case.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tommy

Last edited:

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
Cases with ATX PSU support

What size are your mATX and ATX PSU? Maybe is possible to fit them into Jonsbo C2
IMO stylish case is Silverstone Raven RVZ03. If you want case clearance for tower CPU cooler, then Raijintek Metis (Plus) is good choice

Last edited:

Tommy5566

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 1, 2019
Cases with ATX PSU support

What size are your mATX and ATX PSU? Maybe is possible to fit them into Jonsbo C2
IMO stylish case is Silverstone Raven RVZ03. If you want case clearance for tower CPU cooler, then Raijintek Metis (Plus) is good choice
Doesn't the metis get really hot though? Doesn't seem to be much outlet.
I looked into the raven but personally prefer a slight more square look to it.

Tommy5566

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 1, 2019
Doesn't the metis get really hot though? Doesn't seem to be much outlet.
I looked into the raven but personally prefer a slight more square look to it.
Also, just checked the jonsbo, and it looks fantastic, but it again doesn't look to have any airflow! Any higher airflow alternatives? Doesn't need to be super breezy, just aslong as there is enough to keep things stable

Tommy5566

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 1, 2019
Metis Plus is the same like Metis, but with top fan mount (GPU up to 170mm length)
~15L: CM Elite 110
~17L: Kolink Satelite (up to 280mm long GPU, but with 140mm long ATX PSU)
The kokink is a nice looking case too.
The metis plus looks brilliant, but a similar issue as the CM elite, where GPU selection would be significantly hindered. It looks so nice though. I did look into the new Evo which looks amazing, but would be a bit too much, but would also be very impractical to move about if needed.

Definately making progress though!