Looking for short tube CLC AIO for Cougar QBX

Midiamp

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
michaeladhi.com
Hi all, just bought Cougar QBX, and loving the build quality of this compact case. I wanted to install a closed loop AIO, but it seems I'm having difficulty with the tubes. I'm using Deepcool Captain 120EX, and outright, the tubes are too rigid to properly close the side panel. I can force it, but not going to risk it.

Any suggestion for a good 120 mm AIO with flexible tubing? Or perhaps a recommendation on whether to go AIO at all even? I'm planning to do all air again, with Noctua NH-L9X65 AM4 (using Ryzen 7), and the accompanying 12 cm fans as side intake and top exhaust. However, I live in SE Asia, it's very humid, and dust mostly mixed with humid air makes dust gunk accumulate quite fast. Since the case doesn't exactly have side intake filter, I'm trying to go AIO since less fan for me means easier maintenance down the line.

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
Fractal Kelvin expandable should work. You can shorten the tubes to your liking, the pump block is a nice low profile, and has the connectors on the side of the pump.
The unit uses copper alphacool rads.

Midiamp

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
michaeladhi.com
Thanks for the input, but too bad, looking around the Kelvin isn't sold in my part of the world. I think I'd settle for Noctua NH-L9x65 for the moment while looking for other cooling solutions.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I do believe that the Celsius line is essentially the same, but may or may not have similar availability issues.