Help For CPU Cooler on Cougar QBX

CabalNarrow

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jan 14, 2018
Hello,
I'm new to the Forum, just followed you guys for a while, but now I need help!
I just made a mini-iTX build with the Cougar QBX case, as I show in the picture I made a plexy left side of the panel, and i would like to mount a nice Cooler, the stock is giving me problem, going up to 80 or more degrees, when stressing with AIDA my Ryzen 5 1600.
I would prefer a cooler that doesn't cover my RAM, and if it's with a black top cover, or RGB would be even better.
Which one would You guys suggest?
Does you need more info?
Here's my build, sorry for the horryfing cable managment! Going to fix asap!!

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Seems that Cougar QBX allows for 105mm tall heatsink.

You can easily google on the internet, but to get you started: Noctua NH-L12, Cryorig C1.

Perhaps AMD Wreath Max will also fit?

CabalNarrow

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jan 14, 2018
I think without the bracket i would have more clearence, anyway the C1 Seems very nice to me, but how better will it perform compared to the stock Spire cooler?

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
I think without the bracket i would have more clearence, anyway the C1 Seems very nice to me, but how better will it perform compared to the stock Spire cooler?
I Build in the Cougar Kaze an i used a Noctua NH-U9S. It fits like it was mead to fit...
i run it whit a push-pull config an it workt well.

...Had you also considured a SFX to ATX adapter? with this one you could feed the 24-Pin behined the psu to the Board
SilverStone SST-PP08B

Last edited:

CabalNarrow

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jan 14, 2018
Already got it, with Corsair SF600!! for the cooler i was thinking something smaller! Do you have a pic of your build?

CabalNarrow

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jan 14, 2018

This is the way it looks, would like to keep something small to compensate all the build ^^'
https://ibb.co/mviGsR
Also if i take a tower Cooler would be bettere to position the fan on the right side

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017

This is the way it looks, would like to keep something small to compensate all the build ^^'
https://ibb.co/mviGsR
Also if i take a tower Cooler would be bettere to position the fan on the right side
Yea.. I had originally planned to put 2x Corsair-ML120 Fans down there... but they are ruffly 27mm thick and only 15mm will fit like the new noctua ones...

all in all i planed the airflow Wrong