Discussion Do anyone know of a "fat" s4m?

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 9, 2019
Hi,

I've been waiting patiently for SSUPD Meshlicious, but actually I think it might not be the best fit as I prefer air and its a little big to my needs.
My requirements are:
Support cpu cooler on 70mm+ (prefer 100mm+)
Support 200mm GPU
Support SFX PSU
No longer than 25cm deep/long

So I'm looking for something else, maybe like this:

Basicly a fat S4M with room for fan on the top?

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018

These are the cases that I thought of based on your request. They lack PCIE risers and are close to what you pictured. I seem to recall a Lian Li Q series case also similar to your design, but they aren't made anymore and are hard to come by.

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 9, 2019

These are the cases that I thought of based on your request. They lack PCIE risers and are close to what you pictured. I seem to recall a Lian Li Q series case also similar to your design, but they aren't made anymore and are hard to come by.
Thanks, but the one with room for my GPU only has 45mm for CPU cooler and the other doesnt fit my GPU :/

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Thanks, but the one with room for my GPU only has 45mm for CPU cooler and the other doesnt fit my GPU :/
The Jonsbo T8 has an ATX PSU installed by default. Using this adapter, or something similar, will get you the CPU cooler clearance you are looking for.

edit: the first case does support longer GPUs if you don't mount a drive at the front of the case. Others have managed to fit a 211mm GPU in there.

edit 2: proof the first case would fit more GPU than described.

Last edited:

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 9, 2019
The Jonsbo T8 has an ATX PSU installed by default. Using this adapter, or something similar, will get you the CPU cooler clearance you are looking for.

edit: the first case does support longer GPUs if you don't mount a drive at the front of the case. Others have managed to fit a 211mm GPU in there.

edit 2: proof the first case would fit more GPU than described.
Thanks man, that U1 Plus looks interessting, wonder why they dont have mesh instead of TG.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Thanks man, that U1 Plus looks interessting, wonder why they dont have mesh instead of TG.
Jonsbo prioritizes looks over performance. There is also a Jonsbo U2 that you can find on ebay/aliexpress for cheap, but it has even worse cooling. It's great for moding, but I would just get the T8 over the U2 if you went that route.

The U1 Plus is good so long as you install an 80mm fan at the rear. It is a must if you hope to keep thermals in check.

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 9, 2019
Thanks scatterforce, been reading alot about U1 plus now and it seems like a good fit, but also a case that will run hot.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Thanks scatterforce, been reading alot about U1 plus now and it seems like a good fit, but also a case that will run hot.

No problem. I know this doesn't fit your criteria, but I'm really excited about the MQ6. It uses a Flex PSU and a riser, but it looks so nice with room for +200mm GPUs and a top 120mm exhaust.

If you want to make the most out of the U1 Plus, I would consider the Noctua U9s with the fan aimed at the GPU, exhausting upwards. Most of the air into the case is moving past the GPU at the bottom; you need optimize for that airflow. The U9s should still allow you to squeeze an exhaust fan in there too.

Another option would be to use the Scythe Big Shuriken 3. With it rotated to hang over the ram and the fins front to back, you can capture the most amount of air and still keep the 80mm exhaust.

**This is all conjecture, as I've never personally built in this case.** The only way to really know is to test out each configuration.