Concept DE-MO.computer

shvs

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Apr 7, 2023

DE-MO.computer update 1

Hi all, My name is Hans, I’m an industrial designer and CGI artist.
I’d like to introduce you to my ongoing project which I’ve been working on and off over the past 7 months and hope to make available in the coming 2 months.

DE-MO.COMPUTER is customisable pc case system build by the user.
It consist out of easy to manufacture parts and already available parts, parts which are either sourced or manufactured yourself or with a group.

DE-MO.COMPUTER Should be seen as a canvas, users can build what they need and would and can keep on upgrading their case design.

01 The case build starts with makerbeam alu extrusions, these extrusions are connected to a 3d printed part(cornerblock).
02 The 3d printed cornerblock can either be printed flat with nut inserts(tested), or solid and with threaded inserts (to be tested).
03 The MB will be attached to the mid panel(tested). The PSU will be attached to a 3D printed case which then can be attached to the mid part (tested).
04 Panels can be manufactured in various ways, 3d printed and lasercut in any heat resistant material. (currently testing anodized alu, 3d printed and lasercut acrylic)
05 the front IO consist out of usb c and a power button (keyswitch). (tested)
06 Feet can basicly be anything you like. currently got 2 designs made, A. Solid feet, B. Sans serif feet. Currently looking into caster wheels as feet.
07 accessories can be printed and attached to the case (similar as the coolermaster Q500) Think of handles on top, game controller holder, headphone holder etc.

By changing the panels as you want a unique look can be created. I’ve been interested in cases with a translucent front panels so this could be an option as well. Think of different colors/finishes for panels, various accessories and ofcourse different hardware to create the pc of your dreams. Cables can neatly be tucked in between the midpanel en the sidepanel

Here’s a list of all parts.
01 EXTRUSIONS
02 CORNERBLOCK
03 PANELS
03A REAR PANEL
03B FRONT PANEL
03C SIDE PANEL LEFT
03D SIDE PANEL RIGHT
03E BOTTOM PANEL
03F MID PANEL
04 BOLTS
04A M4 BOLTS
04B M4 NUTS
04C M3 BOLTS
04D M3 NUTS
04E M3 SPACERS
06 FRONT IO (USBC/POWER)
07 PSU HOLDER
08 ACCESSORIES (3D PRINTABLES)
09 MESH DUST FILTER

Since I'm new here, I'd love to hear about your experiences with the rollout of these projects.

Currently, my plan is to gauge interest in purchasing the project files as a blueprint package. If the project gains popularity, I might consider creating a website or webshop where parts can be sold and shipped. If you got any questions please let me know and i’d love to hear your feedback. I'm not sure if i'm able to share links in this post but you can find more information on

DE-MO.computer social media channels

de_mo_computer on twitter

demo.computer on instagram

or follow my personal pages at hansvansinderen on instagram and twitter.

oscaroscaroscar

Case Bender
New User
Jul 9, 2020
I really like this design! Straightforward, clean. Also nice to see someone who was at the DAE on here. A few thoughts – in the spirit of using as many available and standardised parts – are there not pre-existing connection pieces for aluminium extrusions already? And have you considered aluminium side panels with different sizes and patterns of perforations? Being able to swap out the casing one side at a time looks like a key advantage to this design. If you have worked on it more since this post I'd be interested to see it.

oscaroscaroscar

Case Bender
New User
Jul 9, 2020
I really like this design! Straightforward, clean. Also nice to see someone who was at the DAE on here. A few thoughts – in the spirit of using as many available and standardised parts – are there not pre-existing connection pieces for aluminium extrusions already? And have you considered aluminium side panels with different sizes and patterns of perforations? Being able to swap out the casing one side at a time looks like a key advantage to this design. If you have worked on it more since this post I'd be interested to see it.