Prototype DAN HSLP-48: A powerful sub 50mm heatsink

labmonke101

Average Stuffer
Jun 22, 2020
Yeah, from what I’ve been hearing/seeing Noctua L9 with fan duct is the way to go in almost all cases (pun intended)

compatibility will only get worse as motherboards get more complex and obtuse

Reactions: Curiosity

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yeah, from what I’ve been hearing/seeing Noctua L9 with fan duct is the way to go in almost all cases (pun intended)

compatibility will only get worse as motherboards get more complex and obtuse
After you have other alternative cooler. As stated ducted nh-l9 or IS-47K (fan as intake, be careful of proper application)

miptzi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 20, 2017
Black ridge main flaw is assembly on motherboard. Nowadays there are more incompatibilities than the contrary.
Managed to use the black ridge with no clips entirely. The vlp ram actually served as support to the fan frame, and the m.2 did the same, almost. The fan is secured just by pressure. Now just need to fix the fact that my pc is not booting anymore after installing the new vlp, damn.....

Reactions: CubanLegend

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Managed to use the black ridge with no clips entirely. The vlp ram actually served as support to the fan frame, and the m.2 did the same, almost. The fan is secured just by pressure. Now just need to fix the fact that my pc is not booting anymore after installing the new vlp, damn.....
if it's not booting i fear your vlp ram is not compatible with motherboard...hard to check without debug code

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019

I believe all VLC RAM is ECC, which not all motherboards support. Definitely worth checking if that could be the issue

miptzi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 20, 2017
It's non ecc. All my dimms and ryzen booted fine in a test motherboard on the pc lab I went. Even my old ram that was working just days ago. My Strix B450i died. Impossible to replace here, I'm out of pc indefinitely, what in TARNATION

• Wow
Reactions: CubanLegend

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
It's non ecc. All my dimms and ryzen booted fine in a test motherboard on the pc lab I went. Even my old ram that was working just days ago. My Strix B450i died. Impossible to replace here, I'm out of pc indefinitely, what in TARNATION
sorry about it