Discussion Dan Case C4 Alternativers

jolness1

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jul 21, 2023
I am looking to move from my Sliger Cerberus X with a 5800X3D and 4090FE to a smaller system with a 7800X3D. I wanted to do an ITX build a couple years ago when I moved my system in to the Cerberus X but I needed a 10Gb network card with so ATX (or mATX but already had an ATX board) was my only option. I no longer need networking that fast on this machine as it is just for gaming now (and occasional ML workloads on the GPU but most of my programming isn't done on this machine anymore) and motherboards offer much better internal NICs today.

I decided on the Dan Case C4 but ended missing the opportunity to get it. I have been waiting for an email from Overclockers but found out there is a V2 coming but not until 2024 and there won't be any more V1s being released. So my question is, what alternatives are available that still have premium build quality, support for at least the 4090 FE (and I am okay with an extra liter to have more room in the future as I feel GPUs will likely continue to swell in size) and ideally support for a 240mm or 280mm radiator for the CPU? I considered stuffing all of this into a FormD T1 as I have always loved the look of that case and it is so tiny. Optimum Tech has shown it works but I am concerned that under some ML workloads where the CPU is being hit harder I may run in to thermal issues using even the best low profile cooler.

If I can add more information to clarify my needs and wants, please let me know. I've done a lot of looking at SFF cases and while the new Ncase M1 Evo looks like it would be great but seems that is also pretty far off. I can wait if necessary but my wife has recently gotten in to PC gaming and would love to give her my Cerberus system with my trust 1080Ti as that will more than run her favorite games at 1440p (Overwatch and Doom Eternal) so she can play whenever she wants and we can play together.

Thanks in Advance!

jolness1

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jul 21, 2023
Update: I just realized the M1 Evo isn't as far off as I thought. I saw 1/11 for the date so I thought January. October is much easier to justify.

Still open to alternatives though! Thanks in Advance.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I'm guessing you want to stick to classic layout and avoid risers? Sliger S610/S620 is also good alternative, less on the water-cooling but can accommodate bigger heatsinks.

Reactions: Arboreal

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I forgot the upcoming (Q4, 2023) FF-01 by Ncase/Streacom. How could I? lol

Pros: cheap (relatively speaking. Does not mean quality is low. Quality should be on par with Dan C4 but not as premium as CNC's) ), 6 possible setups, high hardware compatibility
Cons: not yet released

Last edited:

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Others which are slightly bigger, but use the same layout (ie. classic):

- SAMA IM01
- NR200
- ZZAW C2P - if you're adventurous; I've seen at least one post at r/sffpc where someone managed to cram a 240 mm rad + deshrouded current GPU inside (fans of the rad / AIO working for both the GPU + the rad)
- Lazer3d LZX-15

Same classic layout, not of the DIN A4 style:

- Sharkoon QB One - supports GPUs up to 315 mm, 240 mm rad, but needs a bit of love with the dremel / power drill to remove the fixed 5.25 drive / HDD combo in front
- Fractal Design Core 500

And something not quite the same, but still using "classic", ie. non-riser layout: Silverstone Sugo 15 :)

cu, w0lf.