DAN C4-SFX

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
The C4 (and theoretically the Evo M1 v2) were right in that 167mm or so width, just allowing an NH-D12L to fit in. The R1 is about 20mm wider, so it's not really in the same category.

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
Loque is getting ready to accept pre-orders soon for the Ghost R1 which is basically the C4. Only real limitation is max gpu width of 4 slot
Pre-orders already sold out.

Shame - I'd have grabbed one for another build.

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
The C4 (and theoretically the Evo M1 v2) were right in that 167mm or so width, just allowing an NH-D12L to fit in. The R1 is about 20mm wider, so it's not really in the same category.
To be honest, I thought that was an issue until I tried an NH-D12L in my C4- it was just far too noisy at full load. I put a 280 AIO in there now and it's perfect.

Funkie

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 1, 2024
Loque is getting ready to accept pre-orders soon for the Ghost R1 which is basically the C4. Only real limitation is max gpu width of 4 slot
It doesn't support mATX.. And looks ugly? Not worth even 100$ in my eyes.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
What motherboard standard do you plan to use?

While the C4-SFX v2 is being prototyped i like to know what kind of parts do you plan for your v2 build.
Link to SURVEY: https://forms.gle/CpntrCoEtBPJBimx7

Rem Freeman

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2023

While the C4-SFX v2 is being prototyped i like to know what kind of parts do you plan for your v2 build.
Hey @dondan great to see more prototyping occurring. One of the things that first drew me to the C4 case was the ability of putting a 4090 FE on top with enough room to have two slim fans acting as more intake for the case. Before I answer the question of ITX vs Micro-ATX, would I still be able to have slim fans on top with the Micro? That would definitely influence how I respond to such a survey.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Silver Supporter
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com

A decent mATX SFF case would be very welcome :)

I considered the Meshroom D briefly, but after seeing reviews and builds I was like: So its basically EXTENSION (and add 1 kg more to the case) or die of bad air flow? NOPE.

cu, w0lf.

Reactions: Facteur

osn

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 5, 2019
I completely agree and also voted for ITX.
I think the dilemma is: With mATX you have to turn the PSU and then you are loosing the space for a fan or AiO on the right side.
mATX as an option is welcome, but frankly spoken, for a good mATX-build, the case has to grow. And then one can get the A3.