DAN C4-SFX

herbyuan

Case Bender
New User
Feb 1, 2024
Why not just get a USB A to C adapter?
Sorry but I mean 1 usbc and 2usba. Since MB offers 19pin(2usba), only use one is such a waste especially in itx cases where extendibility is restricted. If I remember it correctly, ncase v5 offers usbc+2usba. If we rotate 90degree to make the jack vertical, I think there is enough space

shosiu

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 1, 2022
Ncase front IO (in v6) was perfect in my opinion.
Here it's almost perfect, it's much better than C4 v1 with one usb-c only.

Facteur

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 6, 2024
Looking forward to seeing this great case become available in the coming months.

Using a combo jack would not free up enough space for a second USB-A port anyway
Could a second USB-C port be squeezed in, perhaps ?
That'd give the I/O panel : 2*USB-C + combo jack + USB-A + power button.

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Just stumbled on this beauty, adding matx support is boosting my interest massively, will probably be the last case i buy for a while

Alex Kazuma

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 22, 2023
UPDATE C4-SFXv2:

Hi together, i think it is time to break the silence and give some updates for C4-SFXv2.

I wish I can show you a prototype today or a production has stated update. I wasted a lot of month last year for the side IO design and the flat packed possibility on the round front panel version with bottom striped. I call it dev hell but it is what it is. At the end I made the decision to put flat pack on hold and do it on a later revision. So I updated the v1 drawing to v2 design, size and features.

My work on this is 99% done so I will order a sample next week and update the manual. If prototype test will be fine we are ready for the next production run. Thank you for your feedback and help. On my next update I will show you the prototype.

Regards Daniel

View attachment 3168
That's brilliant! I'm so excited 😀

BTW does anyone know if use D12 high tower cooler, is it safe to carry such a build with it in a carry-on luggage on a plane? Will the motherboard crack? Maybe it's necessary to put some foam in before the flight? 🤔

Alex Kazuma

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 22, 2023
I can't edit the previous message so here is a separate one.

Will it be possible to hard-fix the position of the GPU or use a PCI-E riser cable in the C4-SFXv2? I'm just worried about the safety of the PCI-e slot of the motherboard when transporting the PC on an airplane (shaking etc).

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
I'm just worried about the safety of the PCI-e slot of the motherboard when transporting the PC on an airplane (shaking etc).
Since the Case uses a standard ITX style layout, just make sure to stow it away with the mainboard side down (mainboard "flat on the ground" if that makes any sense). This will be the safest position for both air coolers and GPU. Of course there will still be some lateral force applied to the CPU cooler mounting mechanism and therefore be transferred to the mainboard, but this is better than to have the cooler hanging down and then experiencing up and down shaking (which is most common on flights).

Same applies for the GPU and its slot: being pushed into the slot will not hurt anything, so having the GPU stand upright in the slot is the best orientation while flying.

CL_159

Cable Smoosher
Oct 8, 2023
That's brilliant! I'm so excited 😀

BTW does anyone know if use D12 high tower cooler, is it safe to carry such a build with it in a carry-on luggage on a plane? Will the motherboard crack? Maybe it's necessary to put some foam in before the flight? 🤔
Whenever I fly, I pack the 'empty space' in my case out with bubble wrap.

I'm relatively carefree with my system when flying though, I'll often send my PC via hold luggage so I've not got to carry it on transfers 😅

The panels on my A4H2O however haven't fared well to being thrown in the hold. I'm down to 2 pins a panel now.

Edit for clarification;
In my checked luggage, but still, it's had a rough life.

Last edited:

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
Case Dimensions??
167 x 266 x 346.5 mm

100$, 200$?
It it supposed to be around 200€ in Europe, problably a lil bit above that, but since the v1 never saw US availability´it is hard to figure out into what USD pricing this will translate.

Thanks in advance from future Dan Case owner.
If you want to absolutely make that happen, you better check back in here at least weekly so you don't miss the launch. There is no official statement on how many units will be produced this time (v1 turned out quite dissappointing to many of us)

Reactions: Alex Kazuma

Kuzkack

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 22, 2024
Question regarding the case.
I saw that the case increase in volume but decrease in dimension based on the spec on v1 vs v2. Can anyone explain how's this possible?

Also, not sure if this could still happen but an option to select the front IOs would have been great (i.e. 2 usb A and usb c i/o headphone jacks)

Thanks!

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
I saw that the case increase in volume but decrease in dimension based on the spec on v1 vs v2.
Where did you get those specs from and what do they say?

From what I know, these are the official numbers:
v1: 253 (H) x 166 (W) x 350.2 (D)
v2: 266 (H) x 167 (W) x 346.5 (D)

MrTorgue

Cable Smoosher
Sep 2, 2020
I can't quite tell from the pics, but with the small increase in size to accomodate MATX, would it be possible to use SFX-L PSU and MATX alongside a NVIDIA FE card? Or would it have to be "standard" SFX?

Also, do the new jumbo air coolers fit? Thermalright Phantom Spirit/Peerless Assassin or DeepCool Assassin IV? Or is the D12L the limit for air cooler size?

boundary-stone

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2023
I can't quite tell from the pics, but with the small increase in size to accomodate MATX, would it be possible to use SFX-L PSU and MATX alongside a NVIDIA FE card? Or would it have to be "standard" SFX?

Also, do the new jumbo air coolers fit? Thermalright Phantom Spirit/Peerless Assassin or DeepCool Assassin IV? Or is the D12L the limit for air cooler size?
D12L clearly the limit for air cooler size with side bracket installed. Maybe PS120SE would fit without it?

The V2 renders mention "optimized AIO bracket for mATX D12 compatibility", but it's not immediately clear to me how exactly the AIO bracket was changed or how that change might positively (or negatively) impact compatibility with other tower air coolers.

Last edited:

boundary-stone

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2023
UPDATE C4-SFXv2:

Hi together, i think it is time to break the silence and give some updates for C4-SFXv2.

I wish I can show you a prototype today or a production has stated update. I wasted a lot of month last year for the side IO design and the flat packed possibility on the round front panel version with bottom striped. I call it dev hell but it is what it is. At the end I made the decision to put flat pack on hold and do it on a later revision. So I updated the v1 drawing to v2 design, size and features.

My work on this is 99% done so I will order a sample next week and update the manual. If prototype test will be fine we are ready for the next production run. Thank you for your feedback and help. On my next update I will show you the prototype.

Regards Daniel

View attachment 3168
Does the 4.4 slot GPU support mentioned in these renders indicate an increase in vertical volume for the GPU chamber?

An increase in compatibility with thicker 40 series GPUs / more flexibility for using thicker fans when deshrouding GPUs would make V2 a huge upgrade over V1 for me.

EDIT: Just compared the V1 vs V2 height dimensions and it looks like the V2 is 13mm taller (266 vs 253). That 13mm height increase is definitely enough to allow room for an extra 10mm of GPU thickness (3.9 slots / 78mm to 4.4 slots / 88mm) - assuming that the height increase is primarily allocated to increasing max GPU volume.

Last edited: