DAN C4-SFX

TokyoTimmy

Case Bender
New User
Jul 23, 2023
I played around with the C4-SFXv2 concepts and did some rendering:
I like the designs and am looking forward to purchasing the new C4-SFX when it comes out. But I don't think I could use it if the I/O panel is on the left. My computer sits on the left side of my desk, so the cables would be dangling over the side of the desk. Not a very good look.

Markus.bitt

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 22, 2023
I like the designs and am looking forward to purchasing the new C4-SFX when it comes out. But I don't think I could use it if the I/O panel is on the left. My computer sits on the left side of my desk, so the cables would be dangling over the side of the desk. Not a very good look.
I agree with you, a front set of port is preferable over a side I/O

Rem Freeman

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2023
Well, it's, unfortunately, official that I will not be getting the C4-SFXv1 case I ordered through Amazon. Over a month later and it never even shipped. It really sucks, but now I get to be 100% on board the hype train for the v2 case, so I have that going for me!! Looking forward to seeing more renders, hopefully more colors, and actually getting involved while the official sale is going on through approved vendors!!

asaroth_asa

Case Bender
New User
Jul 27, 2023
Hi folks!

I need help with my build using this awesome case. For my build I am using the following components
  • AMD ryzen 7 7800x 3D
  • Asus Rog Strix x870e-i
  • RTX 4090 FE
  • PSU Power cable for GPU: Corsair 12VHPWR
But I don't know how should I route the GPU psu cable, I routed the cable like this

With this routing, the side panel does not fit without a bit of pression bc of the cable. I am worried that if I leave this presion over the cable and connector, I could break/fire my GPU.

How could I route the cable? should I buy other cable?

thxs

boundary-stone

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2023
Is there an updated timeline for US availability for the C4-SFX?

I thought it was going to be available late May, but I'm still not able to find it for sale anywhere.

SilentKnight

Cable Smoosher
Jun 4, 2023
Hi folks!

I need help with my build using this awesome case. For my build I am using the following components
  • AMD ryzen 7 7800x 3D
  • Asus Rog Strix x870e-i
  • RTX 4090 FE
But I don't know how should I route the GPU psu cable, I routed the cable like this

With this routing, the side panel does not fit without a bit of pression bc of the cable. I am worried that if I leave this presion over the cable and connector, I could break/fire my GPU.

thxs
Either get a 90 degree adapter cable, or get a custom one (sillicon) from Cablester, Rays, pslate (Etsy), moddiy.

Or if you want, change your PSU to Loki SFX-L (750W-850W-1000W). Their stock cables are very flexible.

Oogar

Cable Smoosher
Jun 13, 2023
Hi folks!

• AMD ryzen 7 7800x 3D
  • Asus Rog Strix x870e-i
  • RTX 4090 FE

thxs
You can check out my post from a couple pages ago if you are willing to get a custom cable...it mostly fits :).

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
You can check out my post from a couple pages ago if you are willing to get a custom cable...it mostly fits :).

I snagged one of these as well as some other custom unsleeved cables from Cablemod. Arrived at my house in 4 days. Hoping to be able to make it all work with the tape method you shared!

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
Hi, I've tried to find a topic on this here and on reddit and haven't seen it yet but please redirect me if necessary...

One of my C4 side panel pins broke. I considered the pin breaking while in 'normal use' especially since I've put way more wear and tear on my A4 without problem. I know that the V1 is discontinued but was wondering if there is a common fix for this or replacements available etc etc...

thanks

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Hi, I've tried to find a topic on this here and on reddit and haven't seen it yet but please redirect me if necessary...

One of my C4 side panel pins broke. I considered the pin breaking while in 'normal use' especially since I've put way more wear and tear on my A4 without problem. I know that the V1 is discontinued but was wondering if there is a common fix for this or replacements available etc etc...

thanks
www.dan-cases.com/rma.html

Reactions: peacecraft_M

aethyc

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 19, 2020
Hi folks!

• AMD ryzen 7 7800x 3D
  • Asus Rog Strix x870e-i
  • RTX 4090 FE

thxs
Hi, I think you should change your side fan orientation, it's not doing anything for your current GPU/CPU airflow.

Rem Freeman

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2023
Thinking through my build for when v2 is released, and as I'm going through the list of available ITX motherboards, I keep noticing that most of them have 1 M2 slot on the front of the board, usually with a built-in heatsink of some kind, and an available M2 slot on the back of the board with no heatsink. If I wanted to add a second M2 storage on the back of the board, is there enough room between the board and the case to use one with a built-in heatsink? If not, does it matter over much or should I not be looking to utilize that second M2 slot?

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
Thinking through my build for when v2 is released, and as I'm going through the list of available ITX motherboards, I keep noticing that most of them have 1 M2 slot on the front of the board, usually with a built-in heatsink of some kind, and an available M2 slot on the back of the board with no heatsink. If I wanted to add a second M2 storage on the back of the board, is there enough room between the board and the case to use one with a built-in heatsink? If not, does it matter over much or should I not be looking to utilize that second M2 slot?
On v1 the back of the board area is open, you can use a heatsink, but honestly you usually don't need one unless you're buying a Gen5 drive.

Reactions: Rem Freeman

Bullz

Trash Compacter
Apr 30, 2018
Inappropriate question: I actually wanted to buy the case, but will not get it this year. What cheap alternative case could you recommend that will fit all the components? Then next year I plan to buy the V2 case. In doing so, I want to make sure all the parts fit in the C4 and not spend too much.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Inappropriate question: I actually wanted to buy the case, but will not get it this year. What cheap alternative case could you recommend that will fit all the components? Then next year I plan to buy the V2 case. In doing so, I want to make sure all the parts fit in the C4 and not spend too much.
Measure your components first, and then probably look for something cheap & on the bigger side. Cooler Master NR200 can be the starting point of your search.

Also, if youd don't mind pre-owned case, maybe do check our forum's buy & sell section.

Bullz

Trash Compacter
Apr 30, 2018
a stupid future question:

I want to put together a system that I am using now with another case and then move to the Dan C4 v2. Already using a microATX motherboard in the build.

SSD: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN850X
CPU: 7800x3d
RAM: G.Skill Flare X5 black DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR5-6000, CL32-38-38-96
GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock OmniBlack ( 300 Watt )
Mainboard: ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2
Case: Inter-Tech IM-1 Pocket
Power supply: Corsair SF Series Platinum SF750
Fans: 2xArctic fan bottom 2xArtic fan top 1xArctic rear.
cheapskate:https://geizhals.at/wishlists/3193051

Subject Cooler
Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE or Noctua NH-D12L The Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE will not fit in the Dan c4 v2 with its 155mm height ? Because then I have to bite the expensive apple and stay with the Noctua NH-D12L even if the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE would fit in my transitional case.

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
Subject Cooler
Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE or Noctua NH-D12L The Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE will not fit in the Dan c4 v2 with its 155mm height ? Because then I have to bite the expensive apple and stay with the Noctua NH-D12L even if the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE would fit in my transitional case.
I highly doubt that 155mm will fit. The Noctua only "just" fits in the v1 case and it is 145mm

Reactions: Bullz

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Subject Cooler
Case width of the v2 appears to remain the same at 166mm, thus rejecting the possibility of fitting 155mm TR PA 120 SE.

But you do not have to bite the expensive apple.
Behold! TR has the Silver Soul 135 (in white or black) which fits nicely into v2.
Its performance is on par with the NH-D12L (max temp difference is about 1-3C when cooling an i9-12900k, according to this review https://www.chiphell.com/article-28082-6.html) but the cost of the SS 135 is much more wallet-friendly. Similarly delicious but much cheaper.

If you do choose to bite this TR apple, a great fan comparison test is done here.