DAN C4-SFX

tobeah

Case Bender
New User
Jul 3, 2023
Just recevied my new dan case c4. About to snag a used 4070ti rog strix which measures 336mm L, 150mm H and 60mm width. Will it fit?

Cocon1

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 3, 2023
Option B looks better but not sure about the changes.

I believe the best design elements of Dan cases are the smooth, refined look and less noticeable I/O. V1 accomplished both of them. V2 option B looks promising but I think it would be a lot better if it has something like a top black mesh with I/O of V1 and a smooth base of option A.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
What is the planned airflow paths? Top+rear+bottom for air in, Sides for air out?

Do the 2 options use exactly the same airflow paths? From the renderings, it seems Option B has perforated footing (of the v1) while Option A does not have?

jcsato

Cable Smoosher
Jun 20, 2023
I voted option B. I think the silver sides and tank treads just look really nice, especially after seeing them in videos and stuff on the v1. I do think it's a bit tricky to get a great sense of it just from renders, and I kinda wonder if I'd feel different looking at an all-black version vs silver - but from the renders that are there the silver sides are just much more my speed.

Sidebar, but it's exciting to see more mATX support coming on to the market, I think it's pretty awesome that v2 will have that capability.

Reactions: Numen

mTECHIE

Cable Smoosher
Feb 3, 2021
SURVEY:

As you maybe know the C4-SFXv1 is sold out and I start my work on the v2 that should be released in 2024. The v2 will get some new features like mATX support and “flat pack shipping” (you have to assembly the case by yourself). With this survey I like to give everyone the chance to vote for your favorite C4-SFXv2 design that should make it into production.

Link to survey: https://forms.gle/Ai2ZjER5JUDHv2z59

With best regards
Daniel
I'm digging the V2 option B. Why I voted for option B? Well, it's because it remind me of the V1 case - simplicity and straight forward case, nothing too complex.

Reactions: Numen

betovzky

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 3, 2023
Dan is brilliant. The D4 is a masterpiece! No riser for GPU, airflow ducts for the FE cards, space for 280 AIOs, minimalistic and beautiful design. I must say, there is no much room for big improvements, even if the other players on the market join this competition ... Dan is the Beatles of the SFF cases 😁

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Where is the front I/O?

I will finilize that after design decision is made.

My plan for design A is no front I/O with power button hidden under the front near the feets or I/O like on the A4-H2O on the side.

For design B i plan to add I/O at the bottom of the front like on the M1. It will have USB-A USB-C Mic/Audio combo port + power button.

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
Have to say, this reinforces version B for me. I use the front USB enough that for me there's no point in having an ultra clean SFF desk and then have to run an ugly USB hub somewhere (yes I know some monitors have hubs).

It does seem to me that there's no real good reason for version A when the V1 (version B) sold out (probably over 2000 units) based on its design.

Reactions: Flash

Flash

Cable Smoosher
May 18, 2023
I like version B a lot! as much as I like my v1 and more front I/O options are welcomed. Hopefully I damage my case by next year to " need " another one, or maybe I can build a PC for a friend :D
I wonder from an engineering point of view if its feasible to go with both options and make them interchangeable or even mix the two designs. (this would be crazy).
If when buying the v2 there would be an option to choose between the two exterior designs or order both, my guess is the majority would order both, just because they can, and would happily do it too.

Last edited:

Numen

Cable Smoosher
Jun 17, 2023
I will finilize that after design decision is made.

My plan for design A is no front I/O with power button hidden under the front near the feets or I/O like on the A4-H2O on the side.

For design B i plan to add I/O at the bottom of the front like on the M1. It will have USB-A USB-C Mic/Audio combo port + power button.
When polling friends on Discord, everyone below 25 seemed to like option A, over 25 was option B. I think the paneling & IO designs work for both, I'd like to see a Dan C4 Modern, and a Dan C4 Classic. Very much think theirs an audiences who prefers both options. The case is a home run.

Reactions: Flash

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
The addition of mATX support in the v2 redesign was a welcome surprise to me.
I have wanted to own a really well thought out high quality 'sub 15L' mATX case for some time.
Although there is a wider choice of mATX boards than ITX, my requirements would limit that choice as I am used to dual M.2 slots on my ITX boards, and would want the right PCIe slot combo that would be useable (e.g. 16x and 4x slots spaced enough to use the 4x slot with a GPU in the main slot).
Overall it would have to offer the same or more features than an equivalent ITX board with the same chipset.
I will be interested to see how the I/O works out, Dan seems to be wanting to offer more connectivity this time. Please make sure the USB 'C' cables aren't massively thick and inflexible...

Reactions: thelaughingman