DAN C4-SFX

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Well it kind of is considering it’s pretty sought after and there was such a little supply. After seeing the Linus video, I was like dang, where do I buy this? and then found out I was late to the party. So I was one of the 5 people who had to buy theirs from scalpers on eBay and I happened to get the last one as of writing this comment. Am I happy I had to pay 3x the msrp? No, but I’m glad I got one because this is a great product.
To each his own I suppose. Happy for you that you got the version with the dope feet. Post some pics here when your build is done 🤘

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
Yes, after taxes and shipping, it was right around $640. Isn’t my first time buying from resellers and probably won’t be my last unfortunately.
You see, if you bought from me -a guy being called a scalper around here- you wouldn't even have paid half of that.

It seems like not all scalpers are made equal, eh :)

Reactions: SilentKnight

OctoberSleek

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 1, 2023
You see, if you bought from me -a guy being called a scalper around here- you wouldn't even have paid half of that.

I didn’t know you were selling one or I would’ve if you were selling it cheaper than the eBay seller

Reactions: Dampfbox

SilentKnight

Cable Smoosher
Jun 4, 2023
Actually no. A scalper is anyone who buys an in-demand product at retail price, to sell above retail and make a profit. If they make €5 on a ticket or €500 on a GPU, they're still a scalper.
Pretty sure the item has to be scarce, and sold at "much higher price", or if the intention of the seller is to manipulate the market, for them to be considered a scalper. If not, they are only considered a reseller. All resellers have right to make profit, or at least they need to cover the cost (shipping, etc.) if it does not harm the market.

By the time he bought his 3 cases, he had no idea how many Dan were selling, or Dan would discontinue his V1 product line. Calling him a scalper just shows that you are petty, or a hypocrite (in case you were to buy one from him for MSRP + shipping, then he'd not be a scalper anymore I guess??), or just does not fully understand the terminology.

I remembered the time when I tried to grab 4090s last year, had to try to beat those scalping bots and sold them to some fellow redditors who weren't able to grab one for a small labor fee of $10, all were very happy. According to you, I'd be a scalper already eh?

Reactions: Dampfbox and Flash

Numen

Cable Smoosher
Jun 17, 2023

I'd say Dampfbox is giving me a very reasonable deal that I'm happy to fulfill to aquire the C4. Thank you very much by the way. Pleasure doing business with you btw!

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
Scalper or not.... @Dampfbox, I'll remind you of the rules once again and I'm pretty sure you've already read them since you have to accept them to join ... but ... it is FORBIDDEN to sell outside of the trade subforum : RULES HERE ... I hope that this transaction between you and @Numen abide by the rules
Thank you for the reminder, I'm gonna get a supporter badge asap so I can use the trade section.

Reactions: ignsvn

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
SURVEY:

As you maybe know the C4-SFXv1 is sold out and I start my work on the v2 that should be released in 2024. The v2 will get some new features like mATX support and “flat pack shipping” (you have to assembly the case by yourself). With this survey I like to give everyone the chance to vote for your favorite C4-SFXv2 design that should make it into production.

Link to survey: https://forms.gle/Ai2ZjER5JUDHv2z59

With best regards
Daniel

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Voted. Interesting to see a design with v1 elements and something more hard edged.
Where would the power buttons and 'front' USB ports be on the A and B versions?

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
The v1 design was perfect imo, though front I/O could have been a bit better. I'm not a fan of wraparound mesh of "A", but the base looks nicer. Not liking the new top design of "B" (the mesh was better).

Conclusion: On balance, B is better, but it's not perfect.

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
With this survey I like to give everyone the chance to vote for your favorite C4-SFXv2 design that should make it into production.
Do you think there is a thermal advantage when using variant A? Or would these 2 designs perfom basically the same temperature-wise? What about turbulence noise in either design?

I gotta admit I actually start liking the look of type A 😘

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
I really prefer the more silver, so I like B more. Maybe that's because it's more like the V1, and I think this will help alleviate some of the issues. I know that if A were the only next option, I'd be looking for another case. The design of A just doesn't grab me, and it doesn't feel like V2. It feels like a different case altogether.

The M1 retained a lot of its design cues over its lifetime. You can look at a V1 and V6.1 and tell that they are the same case. Given the general requirements of a SFF case, I would not have guessed that V1 and V2 of the C4 were even related.

betovzky

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 3, 2023
I just create an account as a gesture of share the good news guys! I have found an Italian shop that have the C4-SFX in both colours in stock. I ordered mine that arrive today so now I can safely share for those, like me, were turning the internet upside down to find one in stock haha 😁