DAN C4-SFX

Guybrush

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2023
I am planning to do the same as your setup (but maybe with BeQuiet Dark Rock TF2) with 4 intake fans. I did consider an additional 92mm for exhaust but with so many intakes, it would create a positive pressure within the case and the air will just exit from any vents.
Hmm good point. I'm tempted to make the rear 92 another intake and turn positive pressure up to 11

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Unless it is extreme vulgar or rudeness, I say, let the beating of the dead horse go on. A few posts above did approach the limit. But other than those, let the steam stored inside be vented out.

This is because this might/could be the only way for the pressure to get out. You know, when the beating is the harder, it means that the frustration/anger/disappointment stored in that person is more.

I reckon, only a die-hard fan would look so much forward to and so much eager to get this case. The tremendous amount of eagerness now has no way to be fulfilled and all are turned from a positive feeling of enthusiasm to a negative feeling of frustration.
Venting can be part of the 'healing' process.

Anyway, I am not a die-hard fan. So, I am moving onto the Ncase M1EVO or FF-01. Lucky me😂

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
I have one, I'm not angry and I'm not blaming Dan for releasing a popular product that's sold out. I'm just calling out an objectively poor customer experience and dismissive response as evidenced by the reactions across many forums not just this one.
As far as I'm aware there was no pre-order, no one paid anything, and V2 should be available around the same time. So yeah, don't see anything wrong here either.
Not strictly true. Many people pre-ordered (and paid in advance) with suppliers. Indeed this is a major reason why the case sold out so quickly. OCUK had ~8 cases available once hundreds of pre-orders were fulfilled.

loopaddiction

Chassis Packer
Dec 4, 2018
I can only speak for myself but it's not my intention to rile up or join an angry pitchfork mob against Dan. I don't think he's done anything particularly egregious. It was just a half-assed launch that had very poor communication, which left people feeling strung-along.

But I don't agree with the notion that absolutely nothing can be done so we should just STFU. If there's one thing we know about Dan, reading his posts and his process throughout his multiple different creations, it's that he's receptive and open to feedback and criticism. I'm hoping we can tap into that virtue. No concrete reasons were provided as to why he killed off the design so quickly and to be fair, he's not obligated to give any. A few people have offered possible solutions in hopes for some sort of concession. Someone discussed letting Lian Li take over and sell the case under their name, to siphon time and commitment constraints away from Dan. I mentioned providing additional configuration options for V2 to make it look like V1. If there's some sort of issue with money and/or lack of profitability...hell, I think many would even be fine with a price increase. The more people showing their interest in V1, the higher chance he's likely to consider bringing it back. And if Dan decides there's 0% chance and this decision is set in stone, then so be it...I've personally already accepted that and I'm currently looking into alternative cases. As long as the voices that trickle out are respectful and well-natured (not whining mindlessly for the sake of whining,) we're simply reinforcing the fact that the demand is clearly there and other avenues exist to possibly work something out.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
He advertised the product to be available on his own Newegg US store in Q4-2023. Now tell me, how is running out of supply in Q2 not "anything wrong" then?

You are right - while I post the update "moving on with the v2" I had forgotten the Newegg teaser on my web site. I did not thought about the fact that some customers skipped ordering from Computer Orbit or OverclockersUK to jump on the Newegg stock. I manage DAN Cases alone and I have to think about so many things at once and I missed that.

I only starting working on the Newegg shop because many customers contacting me importing from UK shops like Orbit and OcUK is too expensive for them. I could not find a local US shop similar to my other resellers so I made the plan trying it myself on Newegg. Newegg is a marketplace so more work and risk on my site. Ironically my efforts in this direction and making early teasers of it on www.dan-cases.com are now part on the v1 problem.

I want to apologize for that

Schn3ll

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 29, 2023
Dan, I think if you could potentially start a waitlist on your website for the v2 this may keep a lot of us happy. This could just be an email notification when they new cases are about to launch - I think most are upset because v1 was never available in the US and was only for sale for 1 month. Ideally, it would allow for direct sales but there are other logistical concerns there you may not want to involve yourself with.

Personally, I was waiting until the q3/q4 NewEgg launch and completely missed my chance to get a v1.

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
You are right - while I post the update "moving on with the v2" I had forgotten the Newegg teaser on my web site. I did not thought about the fact that some customers skipped ordering from Computer Orbit or OverclockersUK to jump on the Newegg stock. I manage DAN Cases alone and I have to think about so many things at once and I missed that.
Yes, I am totally with you on that one and we all know that you don't intentionally make bad decisions for the customers :D

I could not find a local US shop similar to my other resellers so I made the plan trying it myself on Newegg.
Which is -in my opinion- a totally logical choice.

If you ever do a 2nd run of C4-SFX v1, I can help you as a EU shipping partner (located in Germany) and I might also be able to handle international shipping requests.

Cheers mate and go on with your project the way you want it :)

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
Even with copious amounts of mindbending, there is no "flex" to be found in lack of communication and therefore leaving behind disappointed customers.
Man, I was so off the mark from my original opinion. Dan's pretty much the wet dream of most, maybe not all, of what boutique builders want to be. He's designed yet another banger of a case with v1, one which received rave reviews and promos of 3+ popular Youtubers who have 500K+ subscribers...each, he's got the connect of a major manufacturer who's willing to mass produce it, and a list of vendors willing to distribute them worldwide, all of which, is sitting on top a huge pent up demand that wanted to buy v1. And after all that, he still decides to produce 1 batch and calls it quits for no other reason than that he can. That's a flex if I ever saw one.

I'm not even mad. Maybe a little terrified since he's about as unpredictable as a spider monkey, but damn, this is exciting. I still think the v2 renders are atrocious but i'll just sit by eating my popcorn for the show.

Last edited:

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
What does flex mean?
It means you’ve reached the level of
I Do What I Want GIF by hero0fwar

Reactions: dondan

Hiro Protagonist

Case Bender
New User
Jun 16, 2023
What does flex mean?
Demonstration of power/influence/importance, like a body-builder flexing their muscles.

Personally, I'm more upset with PCCG not handling their pre-order properly and then even after it became evident that they were never going to get silver units they still tried to pass the buck. It's a shame because I've had nothing but good experiences with them until now, but this is enough to make me re-consider buying from them in the future. Hopefully they don't bungle the A3-mATX the same way if/when it comes out

Numen

Cable Smoosher
Jun 17, 2023
:/ I can't afford a Ebay Reseller, and I ordered a black one on Amazon because I was expecting Newegg to be there, but mine still hasn't shipped after two weeks.

Dan, you wouldn't be able to private DM sale me one of these bad boy C4's you have inhouse by chance, would you?

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
No it's not, but feel free to cope on in your childish ways.
Harsh! Wait...aren't you the scalper guy from a few pages back? Sorry. I meant, reseller.

So how does this affect your business model knowing that Dan can be fickle with production runs? Are you planning on buying 10 units of v2 just in case and be the hero that makes meager profits to help the rest of us out?

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
Wait...aren't you the scalper guy from a few pages back? Sorry. I meant, reseller.
No, I'm not the scalper guy. Scalpers make use of an items scarcity to achieve massive margins.

So how does this affect your business model knowing that Dan can be fickle with production runs?
It will lead to postponing a certain product, but will not affect my business as a whole. I appreciate your concerns though :)

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
No, I'm not the scalper guy. Scalpers make use of an items scarcity to achieve massive margins.
Actually no. A scalper is anyone who buys an in-demand product at retail price, to sell above retail and make a profit. If they make €5 on a ticket or €500 on a GPU, they're still a scalper.

Reactions: Albatross1486

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Actually no. A scalper is anyone who buys an in-demand product at retail price, to sell above retail and make a profit. If they make €5 on a ticket or €500 on a GPU, they're still a scalper.
And no hate on Dan.. this case isn’t worth scalping.. It’s pretty, but not at $400+ USD I see on ebay. V2 not pretty with the re-designed feet.

OctoberSleek

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 1, 2023
And no hate on Dan.. this case isn’t worth scalping.. It’s pretty, but not at $400+ USD I see on ebay. V2 not pretty with the re-designed feet.
Well it kind of is considering it’s pretty sought after and there was such a little supply. After seeing the Linus video, I was like dang, where do I buy this? and then found out I was late to the party. So I was one of the 5 people who had to buy theirs from scalpers on eBay and I happened to get the last one as of writing this comment. Am I happy I had to pay 3x the msrp? No, but I’m glad I got one because this is a great product.

Reactions: rfarmer