DAN C4-SFX

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
Got the case last week and its such a welcome upgrade to have something that does not need a riser.

Question on my set up. I currently have 2 noctua 120mm slim on the top and they are by far the loudest thing in the case on ramp up. It appears to be turbulence as I've had these in other cases without this level of noise.

Was wondering if anyone else was running into this and if there are slim recommended 140mm fans or an alternative fan/hack that I can use to decrease the noise. Turbulence happens at near 50% speed which seems uncommon for this fan.

setup for reference:

Ryzen 3600 - Noctua NH U9S
TUF 3080 OC - Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM
Noctua NF A12x25 on PSU side

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
Got the case last week and its such a welcome upgrade to have something that does not need a riser.

Question on my set up. I currently have 2 noctua 120mm slim on the top and they are by far the loudest thing in the case on ramp up. It appears to be turbulence as I've had these in other cases without this level of noise.

Was wondering if anyone else was running into this and if there are slim recommended 140mm fans or an alternative fan/hack that I can use to decrease the noise. Turbulence happens at near 50% speed which seems uncommon for this fan.

setup for reference:

I don't know exactly how thick your GPU is, but I have a pair of Arctic slim 140mm in the top blowing onto an AMD 6950XT. No turbulence noises and GPU stays nice and cool.
Before buying new fans, I would try adjusting your fan curve for those intakes. It may be that a certain RPM/% is just louder.

Reactions: peacecraft_M

Founti

Efficiency Noob
Jun 14, 2023
Thanks for checking. While it has 140mm mounting holes, the size is still 160mm, hence I figured the gap in the middle will need to be 40mm to be able to fit 2 of them.
length should be no problem ... there are holes at the far ends of the case.. the vent holes in the top are then not fully used and you block some air ... but thats one thing

problem should be the width.. because there are that holes where you push the top panel in.. cant measure without ripping everything else apart sry

Founti

Efficiency Noob
Jun 14, 2023

setup for reference:

check how much rpm is really needed and if its really beneficial to raise the rpm higher.
my jonsbo slim fans run at about 800rpm till cpu reaches above 80°C ... then they do speed up further (13700kf is a hot boy :( )

Reactions: peacecraft_M

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
I don't know exactly how thick your GPU is, but I have a pair of Arctic slim 140mm in the top blowing onto an AMD 6950XT. No turbulence noises and GPU stays nice and cool.
Before buying new fans, I would try adjusting your fan curve for those intakes. It may be that a certain RPM/% is just louder.

check how much rpm is really needed and if its really beneficial to raise the rpm higher.
my jonsbo slim fans run at about 800rpm till cpu reaches above 80°C ... then they do speed up further (13700kf is a hot boy :( )
tyvm. anything over 47% seems to do it. I will mess with curves a bit more to see if I end up just getting used to it but I think it wouldn't hurt to try 140mm slims by arctic because they are cheap and fit the spec a little better.

lecast

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 15, 2023
Just a thought - how are the new Noctua offset mounting plates for AM5 going to work with the C4-SFX? They move it 7mm "South" - has anybody tried it yet??
Just installed mine with the Noctua D12L and ran into 0 issues, even with the tall SSD heatsink on the X670E-I.

Deathegg

Cable Smoosher
Apr 8, 2023
length should be no problem ... there are holes at the far ends of the case.. the vent holes in the top are then not fully used and you block some air ... but thats one thing

problem should be the width.. because there are that holes where you push the top panel in.. cant measure without ripping everything else apart sry
Thanks, now that you mentioned it, I noticed the "catch" that will be holding the panels might be in the way, hence no go for the 160mm.

TheClash

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
Did you manage to get a response from them?

I'm in a similar sitch to you
I did get a response, and it was one of confusion as they believe the are still getting stock by September...

They also wanted to know where I was getting my information from as 'they are investigating why people are being told that the case is sold out'

They said that when they know more information they will let all the pre-order people know.

I wonder how many people in Aus ordered from them...

Reactions: MBR05E and febb

MBR05E

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 25, 2022
I did get a response, and it was one of confusion as they believe the are still getting stock by September...

They also wanted to know where I was getting my information from as 'they are investigating why people are being told that the case is sold out'

They said that when they know more information they will let all the pre-order people know.

I preordered on the 24/5 and just received what sounds like the same response as you.

Reactions: febb and TheClash

febb

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 15, 2023

Looks like they've updated the product pages, both colours are now sold out.

Fingers crossed there's good news for us. I preordered the silver the day of its release on the page, hope they can make amendments they get no stock.

Reactions: MBR05E

TheClash

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
Looks like they've updated the product pages, both colours are now sold out.

Fingers crossed there's good news for us. I preordered the silver the day of its release on the page, hope they can make amendments they get no stock.
Ditto, I did silver - I did amend my order to black as soon as I knew that there were no silver coming to Aus, but that might have been bad for me as pccg said that could mean I am now at the back of the 'black queue'... ugh.

I just want to know if I have been allocated one - if not I will hit up the kind soul that has offered one on this forum!

Reactions: febb and MBR05E

febb

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 15, 2023
Ditto, I did silver - I did amend my order to black as soon as I knew that there were no silver coming to Aus, but that might have been bad for me as pccg said that could mean I am now at the back of the 'black queue'... ugh.

I just want to know if I have been allocated one - if not I will hit up the kind soul that has offered one on this forum!
Really unfortunate circumstances. If I had known, I would've just ordered off OCUK - but I guess we couldn't forsee this happening.

All the best to you mate.

Reactions: TheClash and MBR05E

Hiro Protagonist

Case Bender
New User
Jun 16, 2023

I pre-ordered a silver one on the 25th, not really interested in a black so if they offer to swap me I'm not sure what I'll do. As soon as I saw that it wasn't expected until at least September I bought an A4H2O so even if I pull the pin I've still got a backup, but I had planned on keeping that as a spare/HTPC.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I told you many time on Discord, Reddit and here that PCCG has forgotten to order internal from Caseking to get a part of the cake. They collecting preorders without ordering units from the distributor. This is why I removed them from the C4-SFX buy page.

And even 3 days ago they didnt ordered. So I contacted Caseking told about the situation and they will send some of the left units to them. But it will be only black units. Silver is sold out.

TheClash

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
As others have said, I wrongly assumed that there would be a batch two straight after the first wave and that pccg would finally order some.

If I had have known batch one was it untill 2024, then I know I would have chosen different.

Thanks @dondan for even getting what you could to pccg. I really dislike how they have not ordered before putting up a preorder page.

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Update:

I write these lines to give you some more background information why I made the decision to not making another production run of the C4-SFXv1 and start developing the C4-SFXv2.

At first it was never be my attention to make someone feel sad about buying the v1 and it makes me feel sad about the current situation.

Why the v2 now and not later?
My products are made in batch production runs. My only chance to make a new revision is after a production run is sold out. Otherwise my resellers would be unhappy because it would create the risk of hurting sales on the available version. I communicate every step of my development with the community to get feedback and give you the chance to add wishes for the product. Yes I could wait another 2 month before talking about v2 but this would not change the situation and we are losing time in the prototype stage. Planning another production run of v1 between releasing the v2 is also very time consuming and does not give me freedom to work on v2. Furthermore I will need a minimum of 6 month to make everything ready + a minimum of 3 month for production and shipping to resellers.

Why was the v1 such a limited run?
It wasn’t very limited it was the biggest batch of cases I ever made. It was available for 4 weeks and everyone the really want one hat the chance to get it. See it like this if you like to buy an Nvidia 4090 FE you have a time frame of 5min to get it. At the release even lower. And you never know when it will spawn next in the Nvidia store. You need a web crawler to be pinged if it spwan. Yes they made multiple batches but for every batch you need a crazy amount of luck to get one.

What are the main changes on the v2?
The v2 will get a new look. Someone will like the v1 more other the v2. This will save here and there some millimeters and give me the opportunity to ship it flat packed. So the customer has to assembly the case by themselves. Shipping a case flat packed is much more economic and does not waste empty space in the shipping process.
While I could save some millimeters in the length I will add them to the height and shift the motherboard 5mm lower to fit also mATX next to ITX in the v2. mATX is limited to air cooling or 240 AIO support only because the PSU is mounted 90° rotated at the front. If you want 280AIO in the v2 you have to use a ITX board. The total volume of the v2 will be with 14.5L only 0.2L smaller than the v1. The GPU length will be the same at the v2 so there is no GPU on the market that does fit in the v2 but not in the v1.

I feel like being a beta tester?
The C4-SFXv1 was many years in the development it I tested it through many prototype revisions. The v1 isn’t a beta product it is awesome and will be also awesome after the v2 release. The v2 does nothing better than the v1. Maybe you even not like the new look of the v2.
I can understand that is does feel curious to buy a product and the new one is announced directly. But what does it change? Does make it your current product worse? No! It does it make it even more rare and special. Because the v2 isn’t a better version of the v1 it is just a different version. I do not want to sell it under a different name because it would be to close to the v1 this is why I made it for v2.

My plan was to release renderings of it after I am done with CAD. Here is a preview picture of my concept drawing to show you how the v2 will look like. The dimensions are 166 x 256 x 342 (w x h x l)

I hope these lines will clear the situation and I could make you understand why I did this move. I can only say it again it was not my plan to make you feel sad I like this community so much and is a honor to work with you on these products.

With best regards
Daniel <3
Dan - Looks like you are using the floating feet design from the A3. Will these be removable (if a solid piece) to still remove the access panel on the bottom?

HeisenbergVII

Efficiency Noob
Jun 13, 2023
Just a little update about my build... I received everything today 🤩 In the end I went for a EK Nucleus 240 Dark AIO. Not the biggest possible, but the performance are super good and EK quality is spot-on as always.

I will start building veryyyyy soon.... :D

(The GPU is missing cause is still in my old build)

Numen

Cable Smoosher
Jun 17, 2023
US stock, or getting one is Impossible, all I want is a Black Dan C4 for retail, amazon wants 350$ and only for silver.
*Sigh* I hope V2 will hold a 4090 fe, I made an account to be able to jump on the next drop.

I have a 13900k x 4090 to transplant, will keep this hoping to drop a 15900k x 5090 into the case later on.

Reactions: thelaughingman