DAN C4-SFX

carpet3

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2019
Yeah just a note

"In some instances, we may generate your shipping label in advance prior to stock arriving in our warehouse. This is to enable us to ship your order efficiently and effectively as soon as stock does arrive. In this instance you will receive a fulfilment email & tracking number, however, this does not mean your order has been physically dispatched."

Just a heads up, exciting but doesn't mean they have any of these in hand yet.
I suspect this might be what has happened :( no update on the forum, I haven't had any shipping details and the case is still preorder on the site (forum post mentioned they had almost sold the first batch which would imply they'd still have some left for stock)

carpet3

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2019
I suspect this might be what has happened :( no update on the forum, I haven't had any shipping details and the case is still preorder on the site (forum post mentioned they had almost sold the first batch which would imply they'd still have some left for stock)
Courier is now showing the have the package so looks like it did ship.

Delivery estimated for Tues though, going to feel like a long wait

Oggie

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2023
Ignore that, just got notification it will get delivered this morning but we are not at home. Hopefully neighbors sign for it

JoeG

Efficiency Noob
May 16, 2023
Mine arrived earlier today, just waiting on the PSU to arrive tomorrow (hopefully 🤞).

I do have a quick question on the motherboard though, I bought the MSI MPG B650I EDGE since it was on the recommended builds on the website originally, but now it looks like it's changed to the Asus and no-one else seems to be using it. Anything I should be concerned about?

Reactions: rfarmer

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The MSI one requires some pressure on the Aio bracket above the D12L because of the low socket position and sit of the D12L. This is why i changed it

Reactions: Dampfbox

SWONG

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 27, 2023
The MSI one requires some pressure on the Aio bracket above the D12L because of the low socket position and sit of the D12L. This is why i changed it
Hello Dan,
I bought the same MSI motherboard and D12L for my build. They are still on the way to delivery.
Do you think it is a major problem that I should return the MSI mobo and buy the Asus B650EI?
Or would you say it's not a big deal since I am not quite sure about the "pressure" you are referring?

Reactions: FredL

JoeG

Efficiency Noob
May 16, 2023
Thanks for the info, I'm returning the MSI and getting the Asus one instead, might delay my build but I can wait a little more!

Oggie

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2023
Mine came as well along with all the parts I need to build(except GPU). Had a quick peek into the box and the case looks gooooood....well done @dondan , hope it's successful one for you. Could do the build but I've had a few beers while cooking the bbq. Will see if Mrs will give me free time to do the build tonight 😎

Skybar

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2023
Looks nice !!! What are temps like ? And noise?
I wrote a little on that page about temps. Its almost silent in idle, with everything maxed without power limits it will of course be a bit noisy! Havent gotten to ”normal” use yet so fan curves can probably be tweaked a little further for that.

Oggie

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2023
I wrote a little on that page about temps. Its almost silent in idle, with everything maxed without power limits it will of course be a bit noisy! Havent gotten to ”normal” use yet so fan curves can probably be tweaked a little further for that.
Ah nice, makes sense about getting the curves right after using it for a while. Enjoy it !!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Skybar I recommend to remove the fan on the back cutout or attach it on the D12L. Otherwise it will create turbulence noise sitzing so close on back cutout.

Reactions: Dampfbox

Skybar

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2023
@Skybar I recommend to remove the fan on the back cutout or attach it on the D12L. Otherwise it will create turbulence noise sitzing so close on back cutout.
It looks so nice though! At 100% that fan is a bit noisy, but I figured it was mostly because small fans usually are. I might move it/remove it and compare :)

Tunga

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 23, 2023
Now that we have a few cases appearing in the wild, can anyone confirm whether an SFX-L PSU will fit with two SATA drives? Seems like it might depend on the specific PSU and what the cables are like? I don't want to order parts that doesn't fit but the UK has no good options in SFX so I'm trying to work out a compromise.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
If you mount SFX-L directly on the front you cant fit 2.5" drives. If you mount it in default pos. you can use them

Reactions: Tunga