DAN C4-SFX

Antioch

Trash Compacter
Oct 15, 2019
the block is pretty much in-line with the back of the psu - i think its about 15mm distance to the radiator - but i'll measure it at the weekend.

15mm between the block and the rad? I believe the fittings on the EK pump/block are on the top, so if you include the fitting/tubing coming out of the block, is there no space between the block and the rad?

I'll wait to see your pictures.

Also, I would like to know the distance between the side-panel and the 4090 GPU block/GPU PCB, please.

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
How difficult would it be to install a motherboard with all components into this case? Microcenter deals have got me so tempted, and I could just build it on a piece of cardboard to test all the parts. I'd be using the Gigabyte B650, Thermalright Silver Soul 135, and some low-pro G.Skill RAM and a couple of M.2 drives. My C4 order with Orbit has no updates, and I'd need to order an SF750, but that should be here quickly.
Edit: Can also get the PSU at Microcenter for a $15 premium, which...is fine.

Last edited:

Flash

Cable Smoosher
May 18, 2023
Just finished my build 😍 love it so far. I went with the classic cooling route and gpu...

Parts:
- MSI Z690i MEG Unify
- Intel 13600kf
- Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM
- WD SN770 2TB Nvme SSD
- Nvidia RTX 4080 Founders Edition
- Noctua NH-D12L (1 Fan Config) as CPU Cooler
- Noctua NF-A12x15 Slim Fans above the GPU
- Noctua NF-A14 Side Fan

Great noise levels and pretty quiet also.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/vVuAiN3" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/vVuAiN3"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
will the NF-A14 fans (25mm width) not fit with the 4080 FE? or was that your choice?

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
15mm between the block and the rad? I believe the fittings on the EK pump/block are on the top, so if you include the fitting/tubing coming out of the block, is there no space between the block and the rad?

I'll wait to see your pictures.

Also, I would like to know the distance between the side-panel and the 4090 GPU block/GPU PCB, please.
The block has both, top and side in/outlets. It depends on the motherboard, but i think they designed the block with that in mind so you can perfectly use the side-in and -outlets on the mini-itx boards (maybe i need to use the compact fittings instead of the normal ones). As Alphacool is having trouble with their shop/order fullfillment system at the moment i'll be probably doing a test build using my 16/10 tubes at the weekend, then i should see if the block and the in/outlet ports are any problem. For the measurements i'll provide them at the weekend too.

Flash

Cable Smoosher
May 18, 2023
Not OP but the 4080 FE is triple slot, a slot is a little over 20mm, and we only have 80mm to work with gpu + fans.
you are correct, this is unfortunate. Just want to mention: for a beginner as myself the top max fan width wasn't very clear (I would have expected to find some Noctua 140mm fans that are 15mm width, but I guess there aren't any).

Krulen

Efficiency Noob
May 23, 2023
How difficult would it be to install a motherboard with all components into this case? Microcenter deals have got me so tempted, and I could just build it on a piece of cardboard to test all the parts. I'd be using the Gigabyte B650, Thermalright Silver Soul 135, and some low-pro G.Skill RAM and a couple of M.2 drives. My C4 order with Orbit has no updates, and I'd need to order an SF750, but that should be here quickly.
Edit: Can also get the PSU at Microcenter for a $15 premium, which...is fine.
It is easy the case is quite spacious, i was even able to put the motherboard all assembled with the psu already fixed. (Tho it is better to put it before)
If you want to add your cpu cooler after, you have plenty space to fix it.

Oggie

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2023
I've also grabbed those for top intake along with 120mm MAX model for side out take. Heard it's very silent at mid speed.

fedesc

Case Bender
New User
May 25, 2023
Hey! Completely new here, and kind of a n00b when it comes to building but I got very excited about this case and pre-ordered it from Orbit, hopefully it arrives by end of month.

I have an NZXT H1, and thinking about transplanting all components below except for the GPU which I'm planning to upgrade to a 4090, ideally the Suprim after I saw it's a confirmed fit.

Any things that wouldn't fit, you'd do differently? Absolute n00b here

- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I
- Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
- 140MM liquid cooler (included with H1 case)
- 650W SFF Gold PSU (included with H1 case)
- G.SKILL Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB)
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus (1.0 TB)
- 1x Noctua A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan
- 3x Noctua A4x20 PWM 5.53 CFM 40 mm Fan

Appreciate the help in advance :)

Reactions: Tunga

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
I've also grabbed those for top intake along with 120mm MAX model for side out take. Heard it's very silent at mid speed.
I got the Arctic F14 (25mm) for the side outtake. I also snagged a Thermalright 92mm for rear intake, even though Dan said it's not super necessary. I have a 92mm exhaust on my M1, I just like to make sure my air is moving in the right places!

Oggie

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2023
I got the Arctic F14 (25mm) for the side outtake. I also snagged a Thermalright 92mm for rear intake, even though Dan said it's not super necessary. I have a 92mm exhaust on my M1, I just like to make sure my air is moving in the right places!
Found out it takes 10 working days for shipment to get from Germany to OCUK in UK. It was sent on 19th so my hope of getting my case before the weekend has been dashed ☹️

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I grabbed a pair of these for my top intakes.
How are they?

I have the regular P14s and I have to run a non-optimal fan curve to avoid humming at certain RPMs.

Also curious to hear how the rear 92mm fan affects things - I have one on hand I'd want to place at the back, too since it'd just go unused otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albatross1486

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
Found out it takes 10 working days for shipment to get from Germany to OCUK in UK. It was sent on 19th so my hope of getting my case before the weekend has been dashed ☹️
Aw, that sucks. Mine still has no updates other than they have it, so I'm...up in the air? As noted above, I am tempted by MC to just buy and test everything, and deal with the case install later when I get it.

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
How are they?

I have the regular P14s and I have to run a non-optimal fan curve to avoid humming at certain RPMs.
Have not tested them yet as I don't have the rest of the build lol. I suppose I could at least make sure they work by disconnecting my M1 wedge fan and plugging them into that.

Oggie

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2023
Aw, that sucks. Mine still has no updates other than they have it, so I'm...up in the air? As noted above, I am tempted by MC to just buy and test everything, and deal with the case install later when I get it.
Yeap it does, use to be so much quicker before idiots voted for Brexit. Been thinking though and will just go for Asus b650.....mobo least likely to give me trouble with compatibility.Will still keep an eye on here to see what you decide to get if you build early without case as you are thinking about.

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
Yeap it does, use to be so much quicker before idiots voted for Brexit. Been thinking though and will just go for Asus b650.....mobo least likely to give me trouble with compatibility.Will still keep an eye on here to see what you decide to get if you build early without case as you are thinking about.
For sure I will post, regardless of whether it's sans case or not. Photos to help compatibility are always helpful! And if I end up having to return anything, that will give others more info!

Reactions: Oggie

KeyboardPlatinum

What's an ITX?
New User
May 25, 2023
On https://www.dan-cases.com/c4sfx_faq.html you will find example hardware configurations :)

Its just an placeholder. The only way for PCCG to get units is to make a internal order from Caseking (both shops are part of the same holding) but so far they didnt. I checked it with Caseking yesterday.

If you want to attach radiator directly to the top or aio bracket the max width is 141mm. You can use wider radiators by mounting fans first.
Hi, Dan, I would like to ask whether C4SFX will be released in mainland China? Just like A4 H2O. Thanks for your reply!

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
How are they?

Also curious ti hear how the rear 92mm fan affects things - I have one on hand I'd want to place at the back, too since it'd just go unused otherwise.
I just tested these briefly; they were very quiet albeit running at low RPM since I plugged them into my M1 GPU bottom intake header. I didn't try changing any of the PWM signals, but overall I'm thinking these should be OK for what I'm using them for. Mostly I want to keep my GPU with a small amount of active airflow so that it doesn't have to spin up its smaller fans.
The Thermalright 92mm and Arctic F14 also performed well, though again at low PWM signal.

Reactions: Oggie