DAN C4-SFX

Antioch

Trash Compacter
Oct 15, 2019
@dondan Thank you for spending years crafting the C4 and the A4 before it. They are beautiful pieces of hardware and I look forward to what you come up with next. Salut!🍺

rare6499

Cable Smoosher
May 17, 2023
Here you can see a picture with a Asus Loki: https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/threads/dan-c4-sfx.1263868/post-29904521
He uses the front mount for the PSU because there was not enough space on top if u use the air duct.

thanks for sharing this as I came on here to ask the exact same question!

so to use a SFXL PSU and the FE air bracket, you HAVE to mount the PSU 90 degrees towards the motherboard it seems?

got a silver one pre ordered via OCUK, looking forward to it, hoping I’m part of the first batch but who knows as they don’t make it particularly clear (as in, they don’t tell you anything haha).

look forward to seeing other people’s builds!

just need to decide which PSU to go with (4090FE/7800x3d).

Flash

Cable Smoosher
May 18, 2023
Hello, this is my first post and my first SSF build:
I've ordered all the parts I wanted with a couple of exceptions: the fans and the psu, and so I have a couple of questions (for anyone willing to answer):
1) I'm looking at Noctua Industrial NF-A14 3000, are they overkill for this case... any other recommendations (from Noctua fans - they have so many)?
2) Currently the Corsair SF750 is not available in Europe (my country as well), or at least that's what it seems like, any other recommended replacement? Or maybe the better question is, should I be looking at something different or wait for shops to restock? (I'm building with a 4080FE)

rare6499

Cable Smoosher
May 17, 2023
1) I'm looking at Noctua Industrial NF-A14 3000, are they overkill for this case... any other recommendations (from Noctua fans - they have so many)?

I wouldn’t personally go with the 3000 it’s too damn loud. I don’t think you would see any benefit from running such fast/loud fans. They do a 1500 variant which would be the better choice.

rare6499

Cable Smoosher
May 17, 2023
2) Currently the Corsair SF750 is not available in Europe (my country as well), or at least that's what it seems like, any other recommended replacement? Or maybe the better question is, should I be looking at something different or wait for shops to restock? (I'm building with a 4080FE)
I’m wondering if the SF750 is being phased out. No stock anywhere in the UK and listed in some places as end of life.
Corsairs new SFXL units seem ‘reasonably’ priced, and they are ATX 3.0. I use the term reasonably lightly though, they are still expensive!
The 850R Extreme is also a good choice, very quiet and SFX.

Oggie

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2023
I’m wondering if the SF750 is being phased out. No stock anywhere in the UK and listed in some places as end of life.
Corsairs new SFXL units seem ‘reasonably’ priced, and they are ATX 3.0. I use the term reasonably lightly though, they are still expensive!
The 850R Extreme is also a good choice, very quiet and SFX.
Think you might be correct about Corsair sfx being phased out in UK...I've been looking everywhere and nobody has any stock. Asus sfx-l look like good alternative, have very good noise raiting. Main reason I'm leaning towards them. I do have Corsair sfx 750 in my other PC which can put it c4 but not sure if it will be enough for 7900xt and 7800x3d.

Reactions: rare6499

JoeG

Efficiency Noob
May 16, 2023
I heard from OCUK that they're expecting shipment in about 2 weeks for those in the first batch, second batch shortly after.

Since it's going to be a while I cancelled my Asus Loki 750w order and preordered the Silverstone Extreme 850R from Scan instead. Now I've started going down the rabbit hole of custom cables...

rare6499

Cable Smoosher
May 17, 2023
I heard from OCUK that they're expecting shipment in about 2 weeks for those in the first batch, second batch shortly after.

Since it's going to be a while I cancelled my Asus Loki 750w order and preordered the Silverstone Extreme 850R from Scan instead. Now I've started going down the rabbit hole of custom cables...
Would be very interested to know what you come up with because I’m also thinking of preordering the 850R. I like that it’s SFX and has a low noise rating, despite the 12VH cable being 450w not 600w like some of the SFXL units, this is still plenty for a 4090FE (in my case).

I do have Corsair sfx 750 in my other PC which can put it c4 but not sure if it will be enough for 7900xt and 7800x3d.

should be fine I think, I ran a 6950XT with a 12700k on a SF750 no problems. I know some people are using a 4090 with one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Oggie

Skybar

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2023
I'm about to order all my parts since the case is on its way, but all this PSU talk got me a little worried!
This is what I'm going for: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/86YtjZ
However, the estimated wattage on that page says its 703w - which might be a little tight going for the SF750? The next option would be a SF850L, which would give some more headroom - but that is also SFX-L, I'm not exactly sure what that means in terms of space inside the C4?

Am I overthinking it and a SF750 would be perfectly fine? I doubt I will ever 100% max the cpu and gpu at the same time.

rare6499

Cable Smoosher
May 17, 2023
I think you would be OK with a SF750. Especially given the 4080 is pretty good on power.
SFXL will fit the C4 according to the spec and a page or so ago someone linked to some pics of an owner using a SFXL PSU. But if you want to use one with the FE air bracket you have to turn the PSU 90 degrees with the cables coming out towards the motherboard.

• Love
Reactions: Skybar

Flash

Cable Smoosher
May 18, 2023
I'm about to order all my parts since the case is on its way, but all this PSU talk got me a little worried!
This is what I'm going for: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/86YtjZ
However, the estimated wattage on that page says its 703w - which might be a little tight going for the SF750? The next option would be a SF850L, which would give some more headroom - but that is also SFX-L, I'm not exactly sure what that means in terms of space inside the C4?

Am I overthinking it and a SF750 would be perfectly fine? I doubt I will ever 100% max the cpu and gpu at the same time.
Hello, If I may ask: what is the small fan for? the Noctua A9x14 29.72 CFM 92 mm Fan
Maybe it is obvious, if so: sorry, I am a beginner.

Skybar

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2023
Hello, If I may ask: what is the small fan for? the Noctua A9x14 29.72 CFM 92 mm Fan
Maybe it is obvious, if so: sorry, I am a beginner.
Intake to the cpu cooler from the back, not sure if I will use it, but I will give it a try.

Skybar

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2023
I think you would be OK with a SF750. Especially given the 4080 is pretty good on power.
SFXL will fit the C4 according to the spec and a page or so ago someone linked to some pics of an owner using a SFXL PSU. But if you want to use one with the FE air bracket you have to turn the PSU 90 degrees with the cables coming out towards the motherboard.
Thank you! I will stick with the SF750 then. Seems like such a good little PSU 🙂