DAN C4-SFX

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Thanks. I still don't like the angle of the feet. It's hard to explain, it's like... emasculating in a way. Something about it is unattractive to me. I think straight would look better, just my opinion.

So does the case support right-side-up orientation? If so, it would make a nice replacement for the NCase M1, now that that's taken a different direction.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I still don't like the angle of the feet. It's hard to explain, it's like... emasculating in a way. Something about it is unattractive to me. I think straight would look better, just my opinion.
Respect your opinion, but hard disagree.

Dan, how goes the evaluation of 3rd-party Nvidia and AMD cards?

Reactions: zoso1968

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
So does the case support right-side-up orientation? If so, it would make a nice replacement for the NCase M1, now that that's taken a different direction.
No because the GPU on top layout is superior
Respect your opinion, but hard disagree.

Dan, how goes the evaluation of 3rd-party Nvidia and AMD cards?

No real leaks so far.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
6900xt /xtx Red Devil is massive, minimum triple slot +.

That's the only card I've seen enough details to judge size. Everything else has been a carefully framed tease.

remotebert

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2021
@dondan Do you have the Corsair 12VHPWR cable connected to the SF750? Is the power output limited to 300W?

I'm just curious because Corsair had previously stated that "600W load requires a 1200W rated CORSAIR PSU or higher. 450W load requires 1000W or higher. 300W load requires 750W or higher." for this cable:

The RTX 4090 FE does easily fit in the 13.37L prototype if you use Corsair 12VHPWR accessories cable.

Yes you need to bend the cables, but If you bend the cable before plung in it should be super safe. As you can see the bend radius isn't that crazy. And yes you can close the side panel. The cable will use the complete space from the power socket to the side panel :)

Arie

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2018

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Just an idea to think for your Dan

Having the following would be appreciated and welcome:

- minimalistic and small stands
- optional to change so that users decide which suits their style

Sry i love the stands and i will not change it :) If you like to change it feel free to replace it with hifi feets or something else.

math4origami

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 27, 2022
The angled feet look more sturdy to me. Considering this is the outermost part of a case I foresee being transported more often then usual, sturdiness is an appreciated plus.

Reactions: prideauxdc

Heilige_KUH

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 30, 2022
I'm on the side of "I LOVE the case feet" (the full set)

I was planning on laying it on its side, just like my current minitower (due to space constrains it works best that way) but those feet has me planning my desk re-arrangement XD

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018

Appears to be a strict triple slot 7900xt/xtx from Powercolor. Their Red Devil top-of-the-line model is +3 slots. In spite of not needing 3 slots of cooling for this level of TDP, it looks like board partners are going with bigger = better. This is always the case for launch cards where companies can get the highest margins (priced over MSRP).

Still, this Hellhound model should fit the 13.37 liter version. The Red Devil appears to need the size increase.

Reactions: nonah and Dampfbox

JFMeisteR

Case Bender
New User
Dec 5, 2022
Good Afternoon,

My 2nd post here (1st one in Intro) - lately my good old GT73VR died and been thrown back into reading about where the market stands in terms of SFF. After couple of weeks reading, I saw the A4 H20 without taking into consideration heat levels for an i7-13700k + RTX 4080 (not looking for OC mind you). I started to worry and dug further info : This C4-SFX looks on point and would probably fit better for my needs. Seems the conception of the C4-SFX has been going on for a while now, I was wondering about an approximative release date at this point? Are we a month away or more ? I'm not in a hurry as I'm waiting for my last 2 parts to come in early-mid January appr.

I'm still holding on the A4-H20 and an EK AIO 240MM but I'm wondering if I should return these in favor of a C4-SFX + 280MM AIO. I have less than 15 days left to act, otherwise I'm stuck with them.

Thanks for any input, well appreciated!

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

xthongyy

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
I'm still holding on the A4-H20 and an EK AIO 240MM but I'm wondering if I should return these in favor of a C4-SFX + 280MM AIO. I have less than 15 days left to act, otherwise I'm stuck with them.
Undervolt the 13700k and you should be good. I have a 13600k + 4090 in mine and the temps are fine with the CPU's PL2 being 140W (I can lower this to 125W if I want but don't see the need right now) and 4090 at 80% PL.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Undervolt the 13700k and you should be good. I have a 13600k + 4090 in mine and the temps are fine with the CPU's PL2 being 140W (I can lower this to 125W if I want but don't see the need right now) and 4090 at 80% PL.
To add to this: Computerbase has done a power efficiency / PL comparison that shows quite the nice numbers for the 13700k, so you're not losing out much: https://www.computerbase.de/2022-10...est/4/#diagramm-single-core-leistungsrating_2

cu, w0lf.

Dampfbox

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
I saw the A4 H20 without taking into consideration heat levels for an i7-13700k + RTX 4080
There is no way of cooling a 4080 while retaining reasonable noise levels in an A4-H2O, also mounting everything is a complete pain when you actually go for a GPU that makes use of all the available space since there is just not enough room to route the AiO tubing (owner of Strix RTX3080 [370w] and A4-H2O here). I would not recommend the A4-H2O for anything higher end than RTX3070/RX6700 class GPUs from a thermal point of view, unless you don't cae about noise.

but I'm wondering if I should return these in favor of a C4-SFX + 280MM AIO
Keep in mind that CPU thermals are not the main issue you have to adress - CPU temps are gonna be fine in an A4-H2O with 240mm rad. The major advantage of the C4 will be the greatly improved GPU temps on air cooling (+ability to watercool your GPU)

Waiting for the C4 will be a challenge though, since Daniel is most likely going to decide in favor of the 14L version of the case, which will mean another delay - this is no official statement from Dan Cases, just my personal take on the subject matter. Many of us here have been waiting for years now.

Reactions: nonah