DAN C4-SFX

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Is there a particular reason to use a Triple 8 Pin to 12VHPWR 16 Pin Power Cable over a Dual 8 Pin to 12VHPWR 16 Pin Power Cable?
I had always read each pcie cable could support 150 watts each which is why the current gen 3080s use 3 cables. Though these new 16 pin versions somehow can support up to 300w on a single cable. Not sure why though.

Reactions: remotebert

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
I had always read each pcie cable could support 150 watts each which is why the current gen 3080s use 3 cables. Though these new 16 pin versions somehow can support up to 300w on a single cable. Not sure why though.
Jonnyguru (formerly a very popular PSU reviewer and now head of power supply R&D at Corsair) clears it up in this video:
The short answer is the PCIe cable rating was made for the connectors on the PCIe (not power supply) end in a time when GPUs consumed significantly less power.
EPS 8 pin (CPU) cables have always been able to carry 300W, despite using the same connector on the power supply end as the PCIe connectors.

Jonny's site also has a bunch of common PSU issues broken down: http://jongerow.com/Common_issues/.
Finally, there's a few Discords servers with people that have a lot of PSU knowledge, i.e. Cultists Network and Hardware Busters (Aris' servers, the person behind Cybenetics who do very good power supply testing, they also have a public database with lots of testing data on efficiency, noise, protection etc.).

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
If you read the last pages I will evaluate if I release 13.37 or 14.7L version. So a release this year is impossible.

Reactions: bushonpen

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
@dondan just looking at the Steam charts > Most of the users uses 3060 max. Ok SFF community will use 4080 max, but in very very rare cases 4090 > I assume this GPU needs ATX rather than ITX. So just a thought as food > Release 13.37L old dimensions and it will be a perfect blast

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
@dondan just looking at the Steam charts > Most of the users uses 3060 max. Ok SFF community will use 4080 max, but in very very rare cases 4090 > I assume this GPU needs ATX rather than ITX. So just a thought as food > Release 13.37L old dimensions and it will be a perfect blast
I would argue that SFF is niche and won't appear on the Steam sales chart. Most here are willing to pay more for a more premium (and smaller) product. More premium typically leads to the best of every product.

I'm satisfied with smaller and working within those confines, but Dan must acknowledge market trends and build a case for the next 5 years.

tangoak

Cable Smoosher
Aug 23, 2019
My personal view is that it is impossible to satisfy everybody's needs with one case. A4-SFX did it's thing very nicely. If you want bigger card or specific sized AIO then go with a case that supports it. These new monster 4000 series cards are ridiculous and I'm voting with my wallet. I believe dondan will make the right choice and we all must respect it.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Delayed again? Yeah sorry buddy, but you are never going to release this, it's vaporware.

So you just joined today, this is your first post, and, instead of introducing yourself properly, you chose to vent out your opinion in such negative & sarcastic tone.

Nothing wrong with voicing your dissatisfaction on a project, but I believe you can choose better words.

Or simply put: don't be a jerk.

Annotation 2022-11-02 080802.png

Welcome to the forum btw. We hope you can share, grow & contribute to make this community better.

Diesel

Cable Smoosher
Nov 1, 2022
So you just joined today, this is your first post, and, instead of introducing yourself properly, you chose to vent out your opinion in such negative & sarcastic tone.

Nothing wrong with voicing your dissatisfaction on a project, but I believe you can choose better words.

Or simply put: don't be a jerk.

Welcome to the forum btw. We hope you can share, grow & contribute to make this community better.

I've been following this thread since it started, which is nearly 3 years now. So many times this was close to release, but it keeps getting changed and pushed back. Sorry if my post caused offense, but the frustration is genuine, and I'm sure I'm not the only one following this thread that feels this way. It really is a shame.

Reactions: Dampfbox and Zoduk

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I've been following this thread since it started, which is nearly 3 years now. So many times this was close to release, but it keeps getting changed and pushed back. Sorry if my post caused offense, but the frustration is genuine, and I'm sure I'm not the only one following this thread that feels this way. It really is a shame.
Unlike some other hobbies, you didn't even have to spend any money to follow the project. And you say you've been following this project for years silently but go out of your way to make a new account only to poo poo it.

Reactions: Talyrius

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

Your frustration is valid, understandable, and highly likely shared by almost every C4-SFX supporters in this thread. And Dan is probably even more frustrated.

So chill, you're not alone.

While waiting, may I suggest to take a look at other cool projects here https://smallformfactor.net/forum/category/custom-cases-projects/ and come back later to check for updates?

Reactions: Talyrius and Zoduk

RockZors

Trash Compacter
Aug 21, 2018
I have been following and holding off purchasing a case to get this for a few years, but not releasing this year is really disappointing. I'm pretty close to just getting something else at this point. A bit unfortunate but I'm getting sick of the constant delays and changes.

Zoduk

Case Bender
New User
Sep 29, 2022
Noob questions...

If there are people fitting H2Os with 4090 FE's ( myself a 3080 n 3090), what is the benefit of the larger 13.37 version over the H2O?

Would offering the 11L H2O, new 14.7L and new 19.5L makes more sense for each need?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Delayed again? Yeah sorry buddy, but you are never going to release this, it's vaporware.

Sry I cant resist XD

It is rdy for production but NVIDIA changed the game. It was not an easy decision to delay it but I need to wait for AMD RDNA3 to release the 13.37 or 14.7L version.
I already put hundrets of hours and thousands of dollars in this project , I am very happy with the quality and performance of the product so this will definitely hit the market!

I never said wait for this case if you need a case right now get something else.