DAN C4-SFX

kikimaru024

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2022
I'm a little confused by your wording on the charts.

"Push in" - do you mean Pull (drawing air IN from outside)?

"removing Founder's air tunnel: GPU -2C" - does this mean the air tunnel is increasing GPU temps while lowering CPU?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I'm a little confused by your wording on the charts.

"Push in" - do you mean Pull (drawing air IN from outside)?
"Push In" means the fans are pushing air through the radiator, and into the case. "Push out" would mean the fans are pushing air through the rad, and out of the case.
"removing Founder's air tunnel: GPU -2C" - does this mean the air tunnel is increasing GPU temps while lowering CPU?
Yes, that is what that means. It makes sense, the air tunnel makes the path for GPU airflow a bit more restrictive, hence the higher GPU temps with the tunnel, but directs the heat away from the CPU, hence the lower CPU temps with the tunnel.

Exia

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 16, 2022
Hi Dan
Will the C4 be width enough to fit this block?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@dondan - I'm curious if you did any testing with the Noctua C14s with the 140mm fans?

Yes I did but it was 5°C worse than the D12L so i did not include it. Maybe I have a ad sample of the C14S with bad heatpipes.

For 80fe/90fe this might be worth trying... basically just add a third fan to the middle of the card which normally gets no airflow. I think you get most of the benefit of the two fans but this might be quieter?

If you add two 140 fans on top of the card it has the same effect.

What about deshroud an pull out above for the GPU? Do plan to make tests in this config?

I only have a 3080FE and 3090FE here so i cant test deshroud.

mecher

Efficiency Noob
Jul 2, 2020
5°C worse than the D12L? The C14S with dual 14cm fan?

Really want to know how the thermal performance when deshrouded with 14cm fan exhaust air, it should be very good performance in my mind and it will be my setup when I get this case.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Hi Dan
Will the C4 be width enough to fit this block?

No this one will not fit.

Calculation:

Case total width = 166mm
- 1.5mm left panel
-15mm GPU slot bracket pcb overhang
-13mm PCIe pcb finger (edge connector)
- 1.5mm right panel
= 135mm max water cool block height

Reactions: scatterforce

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Hey Dan, any chance over the coming weeks you might try your suggestion and add a rubber gasket to the FE vent tunnel to see if it helps with GPU tems any?

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
As far as I know it's going to be caseking/overclockers (UK) again
I really wish Overclockers UK wasn't always the company for these kinds of launches. I understand it's convenient, because it's owned by Caseking, so it gives them EU + UK, but man are they bad.
Their customer support is hard to get a hold of and rarely helpful. Their shipping prices are silly, even for a single SATA cable their shipping is £8.70, more than double the price of the item. Shipping for large items such as cases is more expensive than that too. They do offer free shipping if you are active on their forums, I tried, made several genuinely helpful replies and the forum moderators didn't consider them good enough answers, so those questions went unanswered instead. They handled the GPU shortage miserably, marked up their prices immensely as soon as they could, even when other retailers would get stock at lower prices.

Necromancer

Case Bender
New User
Jun 18, 2022
@scott123512359

Actually I don't unterstand whats the matter? Overclockers UK is shipping all their packages with DPD (next day) and of cause are size and weight dependent for the shipping costs. Not every retailer has the demand of being amazon. You're really upset about such a banality of shipping costs?

Reactions: robinpfeiffer

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
C4-SFX deshroud test

On weekend I was able to test the C4-SFX with a deshrouded GPU. So many thanks to SFF.Network User @Blubbblah that sends me his KFA² RTX 3080 for testing.

Note: Deshrouding means to remove the default fans of a card and install bigger ones on top of it.

The KFA² RTX 3080 has a 350W TDP limit instead of the 315W from the 3080 FE. The KFA² is easy to change from default fan to deshroud and there are no metal bends that can get in touch with the new fans like on other cards. But the card is not very big. The heatsink will not cover the fans complete like it would on bigger cards like Asus TUF or Strix. This will result in lower results if you not make yourself a 3d print cover to force all air through the heatisnk.

Here are the results and some pictures. Impressive is the result for blowing out deshroud fans -the fan speed is lower than the default ones and the CPU stay very cool. With AIO cooling the results would be even better. With some 3d printed or some quick and dirty carton covers the results on the GPU would be much better ( -5-8°C).

Again thank you @Blubbblah for sending me your card. I will hornor you in the special thanks section in the manual :)

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
@scott123512359

Actually I don't unterstand whats the matter? Overclockers UK is shipping all their packages with DPD (next day) and of cause are size and weight dependent for the shipping costs. Not every retailer has the demand of being amazon. You're really upset about such a banality of shipping costs?
You ignore my point about the horrid customer service they offer, and how they've handled the GPU shortage. In the UK there are numerous smaller retailers that offer better deals, cheaper shipping, and improved service. Most people in the UK versions of buildapcsales and hardwareswap aren't fans of overclockers.co.uk.

You don't think £8.70 shipping for an item that fits in an envelope is a little ridiculous?

Then again, I understand they're a convenient partner, and I just need to live with them having a monopoly on these kinds of things within the UK.
Not the place to get into an argument over the practices of OCUK, I just really wish companies would switch away from them.

Reactions: Talyrius

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I never was a customer from OCUK so from the end user experience I can' t tell that much. But over the years I got as many RMAs from them as from Caseking itself or other resellers and all of them where handled by OCUK with a direct replacement for the customer so no need for them to wait for an replacement. Furthermore if you have trouble with a case from me contact me directly if you are not a friend of their support.

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
hey @dondan

1. What is the expected day of re-stock and selling these?
2. Do you plan to extend sellers points like Amazon and other worldwide ones?
3. Backpack suggestions for travelling purposes? 30L or 40L?

Thanks