DAN C4-SFX

Marijan

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2021
Great I idea with the GPU blow through exhaust and overhaul the case is looking good with a thoughtful design!
Just the case feet are a deal breaker for me. Still hoping for classic four feet like nr200p and ncase ...just looks sleeker

Reactions: Navic and rfarmer

tom_a_long

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 18, 2022
Looks great, only change I would consider would be scrapping the top mounted USB C but that's more my obsession with sympatry than any other concern. Actually like the full feet look.

• Wow
Reactions: Talyrius

MrMuscl3

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 27, 2021
@dondan Have you changed the feet from the first post? Because in the first page picture the feet look to be horizontally aligned with the case and in the latest CAD model they seem to "get wider" to sides and front/back when going up from the bottom. Anyway, straight feet would look much better, as they seem to be in first post. I think there are more people than just me concerned with the new looks 🤔

m-i-c-k-e-y

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2018
For the feets see my newest update. For HDD i do not get the question. For screws it will be M3 on everything and 6-32 UNC on PSU. I also do not get the last question.

- Was talking about the HDD if it is possible to rootate 180 so that the connectors are facing on the opposite side to hide the cables better. But then again I was asking your suggestions where can we possibly place our psu/usb/sata cables. From your renderings it might be at the case floor but its tight. Of course I could place them in between the radiator and PSU or top of PSU (thus no need in rotating the hdd @180 , but for me it would just be laziness.

Nicaluck

Efficiency Noob
Feb 20, 2022
Any ideas or recommendations on cable management would be great.
I'm considering going with Mini-ITX, mid-high GPU, Noctua NH-C14S and full modular SFX PSU.
If there is not enough exhaust, I will add more fans on the bottom.

oranellis

Efficiency Noob
Nov 23, 2021
@dondan At this point near the end of revisions do you have any idea/estimate based on previous case releases when you might be able to take orders? I think I saw you were having Lian Li manufacture them but I could be wrong, have you worked with them before and do you know what the lead time would be?

kse617

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 19, 2019
Been looking for a case to move my hardware to from my SM560 for the past year and finally, this is it. Fingers crossed that it finally makes it into production.

I'm a huge fan of ghetto-modding GPUs and this is absolutely what I was looking for: GPU at the top w/ 2x 140mm and dual 140mm fans on a C14S. As others have mentioned, huge respect to the fact that this case is embracing the inverted layout, the 140mm fans, the 3.25-slot GPU thickness, the rounded corners and the unusual feet. Certainly adds uniqueness.

Any thoughts on color choices, by the way? I really like the "stormtrooper look" of brighter front and sides with black top, hope that's an option in the future or that we can buy extra panels. If not, I guess cerakoting would do too.

Clarin_D

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2021
Hi Dan, did you see this suggestion I made? Do you think it's worth changing?
Nice! Just one suggestion if I may: would it be possible for the 240 rad slot holes to be moved such that they share the top ones with the 280 slots, this way a 240 rad would sit as high up on the bracket as possible. As it is currently I think the top of a 240 rad would be close to being level with the pump block so might cause air to settle in the pump block.

u09kane

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 20, 2022
I kind of like the feet. Gives me wilba tech thermal vibes

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
What is the PSU position, exhaust or cables on top?

Loving the case Dan.

There are two psu position in this case but I think you refer to the slice view. On this it is cable on top.

After all these changes, will the configuration of 2x80mm fans remain available?

No this feature was droped because there is no hardware configuration that will benifit from it.

@dondan Have you changed the feet from the first post? Because in the first page picture the feet look to be horizontally aligned with the case and in the latest CAD model they seem to "get wider" to sides and front/back when going up from the bottom. Anyway, straight feet would look much better, as they seem to be in first post. I think there are more people than just me concerned with the new looks 🤔

I didn't changed the alignment. As I said you can remove the center part so you have nearly the old look.

- Was talking about the HDD if it is possible to rootate 180 so that the connectors are facing on the opposite side to hide the cables better. But then again I was asking your suggestions where can we possibly place our psu/usb/sata cables. From your renderings it might be at the case floor but its tight. Of course I could place them in between the radiator and PSU or top of PSU (thus no need in rotating the hdd @180 , but for me it would just be laziness.

While this is physical possible for the SSD you will not be able to connect the SSD. Not enough space.

@dondan does the c4 support push pull config
Do you mean on a radiator , then I need radiator specs.

Any ideas or recommendations on cable management would be great.
I'm considering going with Mini-ITX, mid-high GPU, Noctua NH-C14S and full modular SFX PSU.
If there is not enough exhaust, I will add more fans on the bottom.
For cable management just wait for my tests and pictures. On the C14S config bottom isn't a exhaust zone it is intake. I think 2x 140mm on the side is more than enough exhaust.

@dondan At this point near the end of revisions do you have any idea/estimate based on previous case releases when you might be able to take orders? I think I saw you were having Lian Li manufacture them but I could be wrong, have you worked with them before and do you know what the lead time would be?
No

Hi Dan, did you see this suggestion I made? Do you think it's worth changing?

Also on the lower position the radiator will be still the highest point.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
A 3.5" drive will not fit between front and psu because it is twice the height of an 2.5" drive