DAN C4-SFX

schneeland

Cable Smoosher
Aug 7, 2021
The internal USB-C Key-A header does only support one USB-C. The old 19pin header has no real USB-C support. Without a controler board one port is max.
Thanks! Was mainly wondering after I saw the Optimum Tech review of the H2O, but now that you mention it, the second USB Connector on the B660-I and Z690-I is an old 19 pin connector (and while I personally would find 1 USB-C + 1 USB-A port on the front useful, it would probably compromise the clean look of the case).

Clarin_D

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2021
True. I was able to increase the airflow of the bracket while keeping 240 AIO support. There would be no benifit removing it. Maybe some customers that are switching to the C4-SFX can now use existing components.
Nice! Just one suggestion if I may: would it be possible for the 240 rad slot holes to be moved such that they share the top ones with the 280 slots, this way a 240 rad would sit as high up on the bracket as possible. As it is currently I think the top of a 240 rad would be close to being level with the pump block so might cause air to settle in the pump block.

C4Me

Efficiency Noob
Dec 7, 2021
@dondan
Would it be possible to make a cut out in the front of the case for slightly longer GPUs or make it 5mm longer? I think it would be great just to give options for almost any and possible new GPUs except the Suprim X.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
C4-SFX POWER WEEK - last chance to add changes

Here is the current drawing of the C4-SFX.

You will have one week giving me fire. In this week you can tell me what you are missing what is bad or great and needs to be changed or should be kept. There will be no poll just exchange here in the forum. I will think about your suggestions and decide by myself to add or drop them.

After that week the CAD work is done and I will rest it for another week. Making rederings think about it from all angles and then i will send them to LianLi and start with the manual.

Final specs:

Case Dimensions (H x W x D):
241 x 166 x 329mm, 13.15L
Overall Dimensions: 261 x 166 x 332 (including case feets)
Weight: ~1,7 Kg

Graphic cards support: 3 Slot GPU up to 320mm length and 145mm in height including power connectors (Yes the STRIX will fit)
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX, DTX, deep ITX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L
CPU Heatsink support: Up to 145mm in height.
Water cooling support: up to 280mm radiator with 140x140x25mm fans

Watercooling
Max configuration:
320x140x45 + 140x140x25 fans
Max Pump height: 80mm

Drives: up to 2 x 2.5" HDD/SSD

Now please let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Vareen

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2021
This is beautiful. It's exactly the mods I would have made to another case. Well done.
(edit: The feet are unusual, but hey, gotta be some signature feature somewhere. I can live with them.)

Reactions: Arboreal

panda_spud

Efficiency Noob
Sep 14, 2021
Agree with Fifty, the feet make the case look like a millipede. Is there a reason why the feet were redesigned? I presume this is a more complicated and more expensive compared to the previous design.

nathanjaker

Cable Smoosher
Mar 18, 2021
This looks really great. Is there any possibility of modifying it to be able to accommodate 35mm thick fans on an AIO cooler? Is the quoted "Ghetto Mod" where you put a 280 rad on top, and if so would the GPU need to be part of the loop? Also, would the best fan configuration on an AIO radiator be exhausting out the case, and if so is there a good way to cut off airflow from the GPU to the rest of the case so that the AIO rad only gets cool air from the bottom? Really awesome case!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Will there be a logo on the front?

Dont really like the feet going all the way around.

No logo at the front.
Custom 3d printable feets will be available on my website. Example: https://abload.de/img/feet1cjx5.jpg

This is beautiful. It's exactly the mods I would have made to another case. Well done.
(edit: The feet are unusual, but hey, gotta be some signature feature somewhere. I can live with them.)
Custom 3d printable feets will be available on my website. Example: https://abload.de/img/feet1cjx5.jpg

This looks really great. Is there any possibility of modifying it to be able to accommodate 35mm thick fans on an AIO cooler? Is the quoted "Ghetto Mod" where you put a 280 rad on top, and if so would the GPU need to be part of the loop? Also, would the best fan configuration on an AIO radiator be exhausting out the case, and if so is there a good way to cut off airflow from the GPU to the rest of the case so that the AIO rad only gets cool air from the bottom? Really awesome case!
If you use a 30mm thick AIO heatsink you can use 35mm thick fans :) No the Ghetto Mod is deshrouding the GPU (remove the fans) and use your own 140mm or 120mm ones on it.

Reactions: Fitchew

pr0m3t

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2022
This looks really good, what's the height of the top (GPU) compartment ? Would a 1-slot GPU + slim rad and slim fans fit ?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Including the GPU PCB and Backplate 65mm without 62mm.

Example:
Cryorig XT140 = 13mm
GTS 280 = 30mm

Waterblock could be 19mm if you angle the card in the slot maybe up to 22-24mm.

For a bigger gap you need a 20mm or 25mm slim radiator that does not exists for 280 ones (I didnt found one)

Reactions: pr0m3t

Aleksander

Trash Compacter
Jul 16, 2020
Awesome case😁! But in my opinion, the case loses a lot of its premium and cleen looks with the new feets. And I feel that this is important for many buyers of sff cases.

The case would be perfect with the old feets!!! And I will definitely buy the case if you switch back (or if they can be replaced)!

Would it be possible to make the old feet lower without losing performance? Since the gpu is now on top of the case?