DAN C4-SFX

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Good job Dan.
No option for Sandwich layout, that loss annoys me a bit...

On the last sample the sandwich option was an backup solution for very big gpus. In the new version these gpus will fit without sandwich. Also the thermal performance of sandwich was not that good on the old sample.

@dondan I know this is probably a long shot and too far along in the case development, but it is possible to add mounting points for the EVGA gpu support bracket?

The case will include a small L-shaped bracket to solve GPU sacking, so you do not need this.

Marijan

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2021
On the last sample the sandwich option was an backup solution for very big gpus. In the new version these gpus will fit without sandwich. Also the thermal performance of sandwich was not that good on the old sample.

The case will include a small L-shaped bracket to solve GPU sacking, so you do not need this.
I personal welcome the decision to get rid of the vertical gpu mounting option because it simplifies the design ...no need to support it when there is no real advantage

Marijan

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2021

I personal welcome the decision to get rid of the vertical gpu mounting option because it simplifies the design ...no need to support it when there is no real advantage

Reactions: jughead0

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
UPDATE
Here is the feature list of the final sample of the C4-SFX

Added features:
1.) GPU top = default
2.) 16mm more in width (CPU heatsinks up to 145mm)
3.) 3mm more in height (support Noctua C14S on all boards)
4.) Full 140 Fan support for GPU intake or Ghetto Mod
5.) Remove Slot-Hole bars - it is now one single hole (improve temps for Blower and 30x0 FE cards)
6.) Include an optional GPU exhaust duct (hot air from 30x0 FE back fan will be not recycled by the AIO it will forced out over the sides)
7.) More vent holes on the side panel
8.) All sides can be covered (on the old sample the bottom would be open if GPU is on top)
9.) Improved AIO bracket (more airflow) and shift able to two positions.
10.) Increased stiffness of the chassis.
11.) Easy way to install even GPUs that uses the complete internal length without take the case apart.
12.) Optimized compatibility for SFX PSU mounted with exhaust to the front. This one will be the primary PSU position. It will support C14s with dual 140mm fan and also (Feature 6 on AIO mode)
13.) Iceman Pump-Res combo support.
14.) Improvement on the motherboard tray - the GPU can move more air out the case under the board.
15.) Two location for PSU power inlet. (Increase compatibility for some heatsinks)
16.) The GPU must no longer source through two layers of vent holes (ref. Optimum Tech Video)
17.) No GPU sacking bracket.
18.) Simplify cooling best practice
- GPU on top pulls air in and exhaust over left, right and back side. GPU will nearly not affect CPU cooling solutions)
- Tower Heatsink: Pull air from the back, exhaust over 140mm fan on the AIO bracket
- Top down Heatsink: Pull air from the bottom, exhaust over 2x140mm fan on the AIO bracket
- 280 AIO: Pull air from the bottom, exhaust over 2x140mm fan on the AIO bracket

Dropped features:
1.) Sandwich Layout
2.) PSU rotating 90°
3.) dropping 240AIO and 120mm Fan support on the AIO bracket

Evaluating:
1.) USB-C Port next to the Power Button (90% final)
2.) Special duct bars for Ghetto Mod so air will be forced into the GPU heatsink.
3.) Making outer panels with sand blast and die stamp
Resubscribed, sounds interesting.

Reactions: Truth and dondan

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
I will release full black and silver at the same time.
Any other colors? Without making this too demanding, something other than silver, grey/gun metal, and black would be nice. A blue, red, green or maybe even unfinished so a person could have it painted on their own.

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
Every other color will result in a price increase of $20
I can live with a $20.00 premium for a choice of color. Thank you.
I think Dan meant not that you can add $20 to your order and pick an arbitrary color (kind of logistics nightmare), but "providing each additional color choice will drive the price up by $20"; i.e. price is uniform regardless of color, three additional colors to choose from -- additional $60 even for a black one.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@fish.ch @Questors:

Every new color next to silver or black has to match a MOQ. Every case with the new color will costs me $20 more (now you have to add RMA units/parts, TAX, percental profit, Reseller percental profit). EXAMPLE: So at the end a silver or black unit will costs $200 while a red unit would costs ~$230 or more.
If the request is high enough extra colors are possible.

Reactions: KeurigHomebrew

KeurigHomebrew

Cable Smoosher
Dec 18, 2020
@fish.ch @Questors:

Every new color next to silver or black has to match a MOQ. Every case with the new color will costs me $20 more (now you have to add RMA units/parts, TAX, percental profit, Reseller percental profit). EXAMPLE: So at the end a silver or black unit will costs $200 while a red unit would costs ~$230 or more.
If the request is high enough extra colors are possible.
+1 for other colour options, a dark green or a dark navy blue would look amazing

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Another topic is internal parts. If you own(ed) a A4 or M1 you know that the paint get easily scratched. Normal painting does not stick very well on aluminum. Should I move to steel for the internal parts. The weight would be 3.5kg vs 1.7kg.