DAN C4-SFX

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Your man @MarcParis is 'the cat on top of the PC' expert...exspecially in the Cerberus department ?
Great work Dan, it looks amazing!

Max Fischer

Cable Smoosher
Mar 22, 2020
Update:

C4 with C14S.

Wow that looks great! Another perfect fit.
If it hasn't been decided, I'll throw my vote for power button on top. Having a single element on the front panel (power or logo) gives the front a great minimalistic feel without being too plain.

Reactions: bwjohnson0

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
the new pics look great. Is that a 140mm underneath the heatsink or 120mm fan?

one troubling thing for me is that there seems to be a lot of space wasted between the mobo and PSU. Of course, if the case was reduced to remove that space, the GPU would have to have a strict limitation but as long as you allow for EVGA length 2 slot cards, I don't think many people will mind.

bwjohnson0

Chassis Packer
Apr 10, 2020
@dondan HA! Whelp, I'm embarrassed. You're absolutely right, I meant sandblasted... thank you for seeing through my industrial design ignorance.

Yeah... I figured it may be impractical, but it's worth a shot to ask haha. You're awesome for engaging with your consumer base so thoroughly. Really looking forward to the end result!

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
Case is looking great. Is the intention to fit one or two rear 92mm x 14mm or 25mm intake fans with the C14S? That's the idea I get from the picture in the OP:

Xoroxronis

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2020
Hi @dondan, bravo this is great case.

Can we have pictures with the case flipped? I'd like to see the inside of the case flipped without gpu or fans installed.
I think the "dual panel" with the case flipped, maybe is a bit of restrictive for airflow.

Thanks

*edit* Nevermind with my request, found a photo that shows me exactly what i want.

Now in my opinion this is a great case. The only thing that i don't like is the logo. I'd prefer the logo in the back. Maybe beside the power outlet or maybe vertically beside the gpu slots?

Last edited:

Hoarst

Efficiency Noob
Apr 15, 2020
Thank you :) ... please give us Threadripper on ITX or DTX for it :)
But TR with a single PCIE Slot and only dual channel ram seems like a total waste of money - lets just hope that the Zen 3 - Ryzen 5950 will be 32 cores ?

But the case looks nice in my opinion you should put the button somewhere and logo or no logo I don't care - just finish it quickly ?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
But TR with a single PCIE Slot and only dual channel ram seems like a total waste of money - lets just hope that the Zen 3 - Ryzen 5950 will be 32 cores ?

But the case looks nice in my opinion you should put the button somewhere and logo or no logo I don't care - just finish it quickly ?

you can never have enough M.2 my friend. Imagine TRX40 DTX board with 4-5-6 M.2 PCIE x4. hmm hmm ?

Reactions: Hoarst and Arboreal

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Zen 3 is going to be 4xxx series, and 5xxx will probably be Zen 4. They might go for 32 cores for Zen 4, but I don't think so for Zen 3.

Spd2Last

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 2, 2020
Dan, love the pictures, but I just wanted to confirm that there was no issue with the C14S in the proper orientation? Those heatpipe tips looks dangerously close to the GPU.

The C14S's optimum orientation is with its heatpipe tips pointing towards the front of the case. C14S's heatsink has an offset design to allow sufficient GPU clearance while not compromising on cooling performance with "correct" orientation of the heatpipes as according to Noctua's documentation:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

At a glance there seems to be a thin strip of plastic between the C14 pipe tips and the GPU. But I'm not sure.. only Dan can answer :p

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Update:

Sandwich layout with bottom 240 AIO and slim fans. Keep in mind this is the first prototype. On the next one you can fit a 240 AIO with normal thick fans. Befor you ask - I will show 180° flip mode pictures later.

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel