DAN C4-SFX

walker15130

Case Bender
New User
Jun 9, 2022
Putting aside the variance in standoff lengths and m.2 connector heights (NGFF tends to be around 3.2mm I think) what is the maximum height of m2 heatsink on the back of the motherboard? Is it going to be limited to naked/thin metal sticker or is there a space for ~~5mm or more?

Reactions: D90

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
It does came together like a puzzle!

After Alphacool with ultra slim 280 radiatos

and Arctic slim 140mm fans

EKWB showed a all in one pump, reservoir cpu cooler combo.

No need for external back mounted reservoir.

Its like all these parts are made for the C4-SFX. :)

We should work on a dual 280 rad shopping list!

Last edited:

CaptainSlobbish

Efficiency Noob
Aug 19, 2019
It does came together like a puzzle!

After Alphacool with ultra slim 280 radiatos

and Arctic slim 140mm fans

EKWB showed a all in one pump, reservoir cpu cooler combo.

No need for external back mounted reservoir.

Its like all these parts are made for the C4-SFX. :)

We should work on a dual 280 rad shopping list!
Can the case fit Hardware Labs 280 GTS 312mm x 153mm x 29.6mm(L x W x H)?

TheClash

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
Some links for those like me interested in the products @dondan mentioned above (well I hope I found the right ones!).

Doesn't looks like you can buy the cpu cooler/pump/res combo yet! :(

Alphacool Slim 280 (nexxxos-st20-hpe):

Arctic slim 140mm fans

News on the EKWB combo:

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
@dondan The more I read up on the leaks of next gen, the more I am convinced this will be my next case. I do hope you do a glass panel option; I keep my PC on the left side of my desk, I have VLP ram, and a NH-D12L with 2 fans looks perfect.

This will be the new Ncase M1. I skipped that case wanting something smaller, but the choices I made aren't going to be able to withstand the test of time. I'm convinced you have created a real icon here.

kikimaru024

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2022
Really hoping these aren't crazy hard to buy - it looks amazing how space-efficient it has been made!

Just hoping I don't need to buy a Corsair 12-pin GPU cable to route in there. Though I probably will anyway...

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Dan where are the temp reportings!! I am dying to know what kind of impact those top fans help with temps on a 3080 :-) Also will you be able to comment/verify if there are any reverberation issues between the case fan and the gpu intake fan? Did you have to sync the fan speeds to be uniform?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes it will fit :)

@D90: I did not test the 3080 FE without top fans. But even if the fans are spinning only with 800 rpm the diff is minimum 4°C. In most reviews including open bench tables and inside cases the 3080FE does reach 75-80°C. On the C4-SFX it is 69-73°C (depending on configuration) under 100% load = 315W GPU power consumption. The lowest I have seen was 67°C if i not add 100% CPU load. And I made no changes to the CPU. No repaste no undervolting - 1year old thermal paste. I never heard reverberation between GPU and top fans. But i recommend not to go above 1000rpm und 140mm and 1200rpm on 120mm fan speed. Above will create turbolence between fan and top plate.

PS: In the best overall config under 100%/+450W load i reached 71-72°C on the Ryzen 3900x and 72°C on the 3080FE. (there are configs where the GPU temp is lower but CPU is higher). With a 3090FE (+500W load) i got similar results.

Last edited:

dreaming of sff

Case Bender
New User
Feb 10, 2022
nice, do you plan on testing any other configs such as lower power cpus? I presume they will fair much better with an air cooler than the maxed out 3900x

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I do not plan a test on lower power cpus. I can set my CPU to 65W and you will see CPU temps all the way below 70°C, but this will not help all the 12700k or 12900k guys ^^.
Also these temps are very good for +450W load. Keep in mind the chart is showing 100% load with syntetic bench tools so in gaming i can set all fans to 800rpm to have early 70s temps.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
What are the next steps:

• Today i will book photo session
  • I will finalize the manual in the next 4 weeks
  • Meanwhile i will address some tiny changes that needs to be made on the product to be perfect
  • I will order review and CE testing samples
  • After that i accept P2P orders

• So I think from now on to production 3-4 Month
  • Production + shipping another 2 month.

So I think preorder is rdy in Q4. So with a bit of luck the first customers should have it xmas or early january.

Last edited:

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
This might be a mod build but do you think laying the PSU flat for bottom intake, one of the sides as exhaust would choke the D12L. I'm wondering if another fan as exhaust where the PSU was would change anything, duct removed if it needs to be to fit one.

dackel42

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 15, 2022
I really appreciate the support for SFX-L PSU's, the 120mm is just so much better for airflow than the 92mm of SFX PSU's. Also, how much room is there for a radiator and fans? Could i build in the Phantes T30 paired with a 30mm radiator?

dss

Efficiency Noob
Feb 8, 2020
For 80fe/90fe this might be worth trying... basically just add a third fan to the middle of the card which normally gets no airflow. I think you get most of the benefit of the two fans but this might be quieter?

• Wow
Reactions: thelaughingman