DAN C4-SFX

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
what happened to the little iceman holes dan?
He responded to this question in the SFF Gurus discord server. I'll quote him here:
It has something to do with safety requirements - water and power cord plug.

I am still validating this. In worse case you will have drill the holes by yourself. If this is the case this will not hurt warranty.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here are more pictures with a 280 AIO and a RTX 3080 FE.

Here are some first impression with the case that i like to share:

The internal steel frame:
- very stiff and feels premium
- If I compare to the old sample - no parts feels flimsy or wobbly

Internal Paint:
- very robus, very hard to make permanent marks
- You will only get marks if you going crazy with the screws
- if I compare to the A4-SFX maybe the best upgrade

Outer Panels:
- the glass bead blasted surface looks very premium
- the surface looks matt and not glossy - different to the A4-H2O
- the side panel has so much holes and the new clips are very strong so it feels a bit flimsy if you pull them. I can live with this.

Features:
- the removeable bottom plate save the day in so many situations
- Anti sag bracket workes as expected - straight GPUs are so NICE
- Founders Edition air tunnel: Is like a scale - you will reduce 2°C on one component and add 2°C to the other (CPU vs. GPU). The main advantage is keeping hot air away from the PSU.

PS: D12L does fit in dual fan configuration. More insight in my next post.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
This will be a good option for AM5 which need 280mm AIO Cooler. Will waiting release about this pc case.

SourceDeluxe

Case Bender
New User
Mar 20, 2022
@dondan
Will you be releasing this as an STP?
The front panel looks shifted up? I see a lip at the top (that looks intentional) but the bottom also doesnt line up, could that be shifted down slightly to line up at the bottom?
and - is the psu bracket reversible still? Pic 4/5 seem to not match up on the right side mounting

Cant wait to get my hands on it. Looks very versatile, 2 slot blower with a 3rd slot nic should be possible. With some printed brackets may try an apu file server in this as well.

Reactions: Rndrn and Clarin_D

irad

Cable Smoosher
May 11, 2019
Looks amazing and a good update to my Dan A4 :-)
I'm a bit lost by the comment about the air tunner for the FE : it sounds as it's not as efficient as anticipated ? Is 2°C the real value ?

Reactions: D90

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@dondan
Will you be releasing this as an STP?
The front panel looks shifted up? I see a lip at the top (that looks intentional) but the bottom also doesnt line up, could that be shifted down slightly to line up at the bottom?
and - is the psu bracket reversible still? Pic 4/5 seem to not match up on the right side mounting

Cant wait to get my hands on it. Looks very versatile, 2 slot blower with a 3rd slot nic should be possible. With some printed brackets may try an apu file server in this as well.
There will be no STP - sry.

This is a problem with push pin . All panels will sag a bit even this case use center pins top reduce this problem. If the center pins are not 100% on the correct position 0.5mm shiftet and there it is. You see a 0.5mm diff from side to front. This is on my list, but maybe we have to live with it.
The clips on the frontpanel is not part of the inner chassis it is a metal plate screwd to the front. I can make this adjustable so you can offset it up to 0.75mm to tune the alignments if the factory was unable to do it.

Yes the psu bracket is reversible.

There is no pictures series with 4/5 can you quote it?

Looks amazing and a good update to my Dan A4 :-)
I'm a bit lost by the comment about the air tunner for the FE : it sounds as it's not as efficient as anticipated ? Is 2°C the real value ?

Yes this is the value. For better results i think it need a sealing like a ribber seal strip.

Hey Dan what ram and processor was used for this build? Also any comments on temps using single cpu fan vs dual and the vlp?

AMD 3900x 12c/24T with 2x Crucial CT16G4VFS424A DDR4-2400 VLP RAM. Temp results will shown in the next days. :)