DAN C4-SFX

Prothea

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2018
Did you decide to stick with the top mounted power button? I'm not a huge fan of the concept in general, but your version looks leaps and bounds better than the button and IO on Sliger cases.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
RTX 3080 with 280 radiator:

render looking good as always! Insta-buy for me for sure! Some points for clarifications:
  • there looks to be a gap between the front panel and the front of the internal frame - how big is it and what is it for? 2.5" SSD and cable routing same as in the A4? And the front panel is attached to the case with just those 4 push-pin clips right? -> that looks like a perfect location for a distro plate ?
  • IIRC there's 10mm gap between the top panel and the edge of the motherboard to accommodate the push-pin clips? there are 2 screw holes on 2 extruded bits on the right beam of the top of the internal frame - what are they for? and would you consider spacing them out for fan mount? I have a couple of 12mm thick fans that just might squeeze themselves in there ?
  • and remind me how flipping the layout work again please? IIRC once flip, the new bottom is completely open? And I don't see any feet mounting locations. Would be great if can show more of the flip layout eventually.
Keep up the great work!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Perfect case for me? Possible to mount slim 280 radiator with slim fans under the GPU with waterblock on it?
IIRC from the latest dimensions, there's 65mm GPU clearance (thus the RTX 3080 FE + 25mm thick fan in the render). The slimmest 280mm radiator is the EK SE at 28mm + 13mm fans + 1 slot GPU block (20mm) = 61mm -> 4mm for the air to go through

Reactions: Harte 12345

toilettendealer

Case Bender
New User
Oct 25, 2020
The back with option for vertical GPU mount will always look like that right? Because I would prefer a cleaner look since I wouldn't use the vertical mount anyway.

D

Deleted member 19228

Wow, the side and the front looks so sexy.
But the top is not as good looking as the side or the front, even is great for thermal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Wow, this looks like a case that could unseat the mighty M1. Same size class but with far greater flexibility – all hail the new king!

Wildmongoose

Chassis Packer
Nov 14, 2018
@Wildmongoose You are welcome to share some logo ideas.
Uhhh off the top of my head maybe a D with the middle filled in then a C inside of it, kind of like the default picture you get on these forums. Or maybe some sort of an "D" inside of a rectangle/cube(symbolizes the case in dancase). Again, if I were doing it properly I would hold some sort of a community contest. In the past couple of years I have come to realize there are plenty of really talented people in this community.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRealGlutenbob

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
@dondan, the face plate looks so much cleaner with this iteration. Very glad you reconsidered the power button and IO port.

What is the purpose of the holes in the front structural panel, behind the face plate – a bit extra GPU clearance?

Reactions: thelaughingman

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Dan, what are the maximum dimensions of 'DTX' motherboard that the C4 can accommodate?

As far as I can see, the 3 slot design should allow a board with 226mm height, but can you go wider than the possible 193mm on an M1, as the PSU is oriented differently?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
@dondan A question: does the width of the final design match the width of the prototypes pictured in post #2? I'm specifically wondering about clearance for water cooled GPUs - it looks like that would be a really tight fit in terms of fittings/port blocks not colliding with the side panel. The RX 5700 in those pictures is AFAIK a standard height (i.e. not extra tall) PCB, and there looks to be ... less than 20mm of clearance past that? Which means that something like an RX 6800, that's a bit taller, wouldn't fit. Am I wrong?