Dan A4 v4: List of Compatible + Recommended 2070 Supers

MAB941009

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
(Edit: See the list by @dondan)

Since I've yet to see any thread cover the new Super GPU variants, I pose this question:

For the Dan A4, which are the viable 2070 Super custom cards?

Assuming we shortlist by compatibility first, we're then left to choose between blower vs. heat sink cooling designs. There are currently two blower design cards: the EVGA GAMING variant and the PNY X variant. Of the others are your typical dual or triple fan open-air designs. Most notably for the latter are MSI's VENTUS OC, an EVGA card and two ZOTAC cards. I have these six in my basket over on a UK retailer's site, and I remain thoroughly uncertain which to pick.

In terms of long-term care, in the UK, as far as I've gathered, MSI offers a one year warranty, ZOTAC two, and EVGA three. However, ZOTAC offers an extended warranty through registering the GPU on their website (note: this is country dependant).

I will be water-cooling my CPU, and installing a 25mm fan as per @LoserCard's modding kit. At the moment, I lean towards the white MSI card, but EVGA's blower card seems to be a sensible offer for the Dan A4. Any new ways of thinking about this first-world problem shall indeed be appreciated.

Last edited:

MAB941009

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
Since you're water-cooling your CPU I think blower card will be better!!
Thanks for the input! My concern with the blower design is the width of EVGA's particular model. It is unconfirmed, and I suspect a chunky blower card would cause high noise kissed up against the backplate.

That being said, I'm unclear on the Dan A4s design. With the backplate installed you're granted an extra 5mm. How does casing off the GPU increase space in the case?

MAB941009

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
Update:
I understand the backplate specifications refer to the graphics card, not the case itself. As a result, the MSI Ventus OC isn't compatible without detaching the backplate. I don't know the implications , though I imagine the card would flex slightly under weight. Nevertheless, since all other cards aside from ZOTAC's Twin Fan model is out of stock, I'm swayed toward ZOTAC. I think a blower style would complement the compact A4 better, but that open-air card also has perks. The length is longer, which will allow for greater heat dissipation on an intake fan setup. And the two fans are controllable using software, to lower noise during general use. The fair three year warranty matches/exceeds EVGA's offering, too.

There. I've rationalized impatience.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
RTX 2070 Super Blower(radia fan) that will fit:
  • ASUS Turbo GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Evo (recommended)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming
  • PNY GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Blowe
  • INNO3D GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Jet X1
  • Palit GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER X

RTX 2070 Super Axial fan cards that will fit:

• EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Gaming (recommended)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Black Gaming
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce OC 8G (recommended)
  • INNO3D GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin X2 OC
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Ventus OC
  • Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER AMP
  • Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan

What CPU do you plan to use?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
May I ask, why the Asus blower is recommended over the other 4 blowers?

MAB941009

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019

RTX 2070 Super Axial fan cards that will fit:

• EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Gaming (recommended)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Black Gaming
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce OC 8G (recommended)
  • INNO3D GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin X2 OC
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Ventus OC
  • Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER AMP
  • Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan

What CPU do you plan to use?

Thanks for the list. I've edited the title of this thread to reflect this information from you.

I have since ordered the ZOTAC Twin Fan card. My CPU is the 9700k coupled with Asetek's AIO. Like the poster above me, some may want to know why selected cards are recommended over others. Feel free to elaborate. Unless there's a noticable difference, though, i'll stick with the ZOTAC. The card is arriving in a few hours, so I would have to return it otherwise.

irad

Cable Smoosher
May 11, 2019
@dondan, it seems that Zotac modified the Twin Fan cards between the 2070/80 initial series and the new Super series.
With the backplate going further past the io.
Do you think it matters ?

old:

new:

MAB941009

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
@irad I can confirm this graphic card variant fits. You do need to hold the card in place while adding the screws. There's 1-2mm where the screw is pressured due to the location of the holes, but once tightened the card is secure.

cbb

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2019
Does heatsink fin orientation matter in Dan A4? For example MSI Ventus has horizontal fin layout but EVGA and Zotac have vertical one.
I'm planing to swap my GTX970 to 2070S and I'm not sure if I need to worry about that issue or not?

irad

Cable Smoosher
May 11, 2019
According to all advices i read before buying : yes, definitely. It makes sense to allow better air flow from bottom to top.
I don't know the resulting temperatures & noise differences though.
First version of the Ventus had horizontal fins i think, but they changed for V2.

cbb

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2019
@irad thanks, that's what I thought. My MSI GTX970 Gaming (horizontal) dumps a lot of hot air inside case but I don't have different one to compare temperature of other components.

As for Ventus, according to MSI own site 2070S Ventus has horizontal fins. I will wait when Zotac/Evga is restocked then instead of buying right now. :)

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce OC 8G will will work with 645LT (current setup). Space for cable management will be rough but I guess we have always known that

We do. ? But is that the card you are using? If so; happy with it?