Votes: 2 16.7%
  • None

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 18, 2016
I know a lot of sff enthusiasts are waiting for this, and according to the thread on their forum, JohnnyGuru keeps saying it's on it's way, and it will be available end feb.

Well now it's end feb, and I can't sine one single listing of either the 450 or 600.

He said that they are on their way, but the fact that It isn't even listed on corsairs website, and there haven't even been sent out a press release yet. If the PSU's actually where sent from them, then shops would have them listed, and they would have it listed on their website.

Fishy fishy. I think we'll have to wait a while before we see this.

I'm a little disappointed in Corsair for not being clear with the communication.

Disclaimer;

IMO

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Last update from JonnyGuru was that the SF600 would be shipping after Chinese New Year, with worst-case lead times from factory to distribution centres of ~3 weeks. CNY was 7th-13th Feb, so rough ETA for the SF600 would be arriving off the boat around 7th March, and some time after that shipping from distribution centres to retailers. I;d guess at sometime in mid-March for retail availability., at least in whatever markets Corsair decide to ship to first.

::EDIT:: As for which to get: the ST30SF is quite happily powering my 6600k and GTX980. I'll probably wait until both units are available and reviewed and Pascal cards are available (or at least have TDPs) before picking one or the other. A regualr SFX (not SFX-L) would be more convenient for the Ncase M1, but I'm not yet decided on whether to go slightly larger for the Kimera Cerberus for future multi-GPU, go even smaller for the Dan A4 and lose the 3.5" drive (both of which would accommodate SFX-L without issue) or stick with the Ncase M1.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Over on [H] the SX700-LPT should also be shipping in March. It's good if these become available at the same time. On one hand I'm curious if Silverstone can finally produce a quiet SFX PSU. On the other I'm curious if Corsair has succeeded in making a good SFX PSU.

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 18, 2016
Over on [H] the SX700-LPT should also be shipping in March. It's good if these become available at the same time. On one hand I'm curious if Silverstone can finally produce a quiet SFX PSU. On the other I'm curious if Corsair has succeeded in making a good SFX PSU.

Yeah, I'm very excited to see how much of a difference the 92mm fan will make. I'm pretty statisfied with my Sharkoon 500w, but I think it's too little. (having some weird issues)

If the corsair is any good AND quiet, thats going to be hard to beat.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I can neither confirm nor deny that I will be getting a SF600 in for review in the not too distant future.

Reactions: Phuncz

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Both are now listed on Corsair's UK website: SF450 for £90, SF600 for £120. Hopefully when they filter down to retailers the prices will drop to be closer in line with Silverstone's equivalent PSUs (£80 and £100 respectively).

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 18, 2016
Both are now listed on Corsair's UK website: SF450 for £90, SF600 for £120. Hopefully when they filter down to retailers the prices will drop to be closer in line with Silverstone's equivalent PSUs (£80 and £100 respectively).

Yeah, I was able to buy it, and it will ship in week 12 (easter week).Excited to see how it performs when it comes to noise levels.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
If it doesn't get delayed due to weather I should be getting mine tomorrow.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Starting to show up with resellers in the UK, at prices more comparable with Silverstone's units. I had to grab a ST45SF-G out of pressing need a few days ago, but once the SF600 is in stock and has been reviewed I'll probably go for that, or wait for the SX700-LPT.