Computer Building OCD

TMatzelle60

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 10, 2019
Hey,

I am wondering how bad I am overreacting to my situation I am currently going to be building in the SM580 with some Arua Sync items like the Z390 I Strix and there 240mm AIO made by Asus.

I deal with some OCD with my computer and I worry about this simple problem of having software problems with aura sync to not get my motherboard,gpu and AIO to match in colors. I feel like the software won't work and I will never be happy with my build if the software does not let me make my stuff the color red and it stays rainbow.

I have other small OCD things but not as bad.

Am I overreacting and should be fine with the software?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
This may sound stupid but in the worst scenario where the software doesn't work, you can still turn them off & get off the shelf RGB LEDs. Good luck with your build!

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Read OCD - ooh might be interesting..
Read RGB -

Reactions: rfarmer

step83

Average Stuffer
Dec 23, 2018
Read OCD - ooh might be interesting..
Read RGB - BLEUGGGGGH

Snap, though my own current one is that I need had to swap the fan on my C7 back to the black and white Cryorig. I have a pair of Noctua's and that. I WANT ALL BEIGE AND BROWN!

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
I have worse OCD regarding misspelling (Arua...) and no space before comma. I'm not a native so these things scream at me.

Also the use of u instead of you, ur/your etc - I mean, I do use them, in chats or so - I get the convenience, but forums always strike me as more permanent form of communication.

Also how my motherboard's RGB back strip does not line up with the case's skyslots.. bad enough that I don't like to put it vertically anymore.

Also the fact that my ssd's heatsink cover (thought it was sticker but turns out to be a thin metal piece glued to the aluminium) is warped and non flat and uneven and continues to mock me to this day.

Also if I use the same word to start off too many sentences..

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Aura Sync should be able to set all your lights to red. There are also a UEFI setting to turn off rainbow while the PC is in Sleep mode.

TMatzelle60

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 10, 2019
Thanks I just worry it would be a waste I think I over think it all.

Most people who have problems post online about them and there are tons without problems

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
In my PC:

• I changed all the mounting hardware to the same screw type (hex).
• Removed every single sticker on every component.
• Obviously did all the wiring, but this is normal.
• Purposely chose a low end GPU so that I wouldn't have to run a 6/8 pin to the PSU.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
In my PC:

• I changed all the mounting hardware to the same screw type (hex).
• Removed every single sticker on every component.
• Obviously did all the wiring, but this is normal.
• Purposely chose a low end GPU so that I wouldn't have to run a 6/8 pin to the PSU.
I am thinking about doing the same thing with hex screws.