Other Looking for a new mouse

cjbag9314

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 20, 2019
hello,
I am looking to upgrade my wired Roccat Kone XTD mouse to a Bluetooth mouse. I am looking for something that has some thing similar to the Roccat easy shift + software. My current build is a Ncase M1 asrock ab350 fatality gaming itx mobo, amd 1800x, 32 gb Ram, gtx 1070, corsair 600 watt psu, corsair all in one cooling loop, wd SN850 NVME 1TB, Bluetooth gaming controller for windows/android/ switch , and a keychron K6 keyboard. I usually play from my wheelchair and the wires can get tangled up fast. I really do not know if there are any other venders out there with similar mouse software like roccats has. any advice?
Thank you and have a great day!
CJbag9314

cjbag9314

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 20, 2019
Sorry, I should have clarified. I had quality issues with my roccat mouse with the scroll wheel and right mouse button . I realize it can happen no matter what brand you buy.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Just about all mice have software that may or may not be necessary for tuning. It comes down to shape preference of the mouse, weight of the mouse, desired button count, target price, how good the implementation of the sensor is...and if you want any integration with other peripheral software.

These days with ultra-light mice that are 60-70g or less, you also have a choice of weather to go for honeycomb or solid shell.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
not sure what is your budget but the best mainstream wireless mouse is the Logitech G Pro X Superlight but the go-to option is probably the Logitech G305. have never used Roccat so don't know what software feature you need but I usually just set the DPI in software and never touch it again.

cjbag9314

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 20, 2019
Thank you for the replies and video. My previous (and current mouse,) Roccat was due to the easy shift plus. A button and software that would allow you to add a second button mapping for all the other buttons except for the dedicated easy shift plus button. I like the easy shift because I don't have to use alot of keyboard buttons and the mouse is Easier for me to use by just remapping to the mouse. I am kinda open on a budget . I am mostly looking for a similar function mouse but Bluetooth. I really don't have a preference for a palm or claw grip mouse or weights.
Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I use a Logitech G502 Lightspeed at home for both gaming and work. It's so good that I lost my first one to my girlfriend and had to buy myself another.

Although I don't use it myself, it does have a G-Shift function in the software which allows different functions to be mapped to the same buttons (which sounds like your Easy Shift Plus)

I'm not sure if Bluetooth is a must have feature, but the G502 isn't a Bluetooth mouse and you'll need to connect it's USB dongle. It's Lightspeed wireless is excellent though and is no less responsive than when you use it wired. I only use mine wired when I've forgotten to charge it, and then only for a few hours.

The battery lasts about a week if you use it all day.

Another cheaper alternative, which I use at the office, is the Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed. This has the option of running with a wireless USB dongle, or as a Bluetooth mouse (which is how I use it). Since other people in the office have tried it, we now have about 6 of them.

The Razer Synapse software should also allow mapping of more than one function per button, but again I don't use it.

The Razer has an almost identical shape to the Logitech, but a slightly rougher texture and not as many buttons. It also runs on a standard AA battery. I'd tell you how long that lasts, but I don't know as I haven't changed it yet, and that's after about 6 months of use. I'm only at the office 2-3 times a week since COVID though.

I'm happy with both mice, but the Logitech is my favorite, although I'm not sure it's worth over twice the price.

The Logitech does have an excellent scroll wheel with an option to either have it clicky or free spinning (which is great for long webpages and spreadsheets). You can also tilt the mouse wheel to the left or right, and those tilts can be mapped to other functions. I have tilt mapped to switch between enemies in some games for example.

Hope this helps and you get a mouse you like!