NFC S4 Mini-C #393 “The Beach”

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
Hello Everyone! This is just the start to my build log that I plan to do on the S4 Mini-C. I will provide a parts list below and everyone can feel free to ask questions or post recommendations down below!

First I am playing around with names at the moment! I want this build to stand out from the rest and be unique!

Now on to the parts list!
Green= Purchased
Yellow= Pending Delivery
Red= Not Ordered

NFC S4 Mini #393 $ 340.00
Intel Core i7-8700K $ 349.99
Noctua L9-i $ 40.00
Asus Z370i Strix Mini Itx Motherboard $ 159.99 (CPU Bundle)
16Gb G.Skill RGB DDR4-3200Mhz Ram $ 150.00 Thanks Microcenter!
450w G-Unique X-Mas Limited Edition PSU $212.00

Gigabyte GTX 1080 Mini E-GPU Gutted $699.99
Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2 NvMe Drive $289.99
WD or Samsung 1TB M.2 SSD
Windows 10 Pro $ Free!!

Acer Predator X34 Ultrawide Monitor $720.00
Custom Sleeving Cables for G-Unique PSU $75.00
Total $ 3036.96

Now that's out of the way! I will be using this PC preliminary for gaming but it will also be my software development workstation as well as I am studying student. I love playing GTA, Battlefield, COD, Minecraft, etc. I plan to up the RAM to 32GB this year to make my computer really take off! I am also an avid noise freak! I hate noise lol, and by noise I mean COIL WHINE! I can deal with fans all day but I have thrown out many computer builds based on coil whine. I am hoping to reduce it with this build. This is will be my 3rd S4 Mini build and hopefully my best and most expensive to date!

Please be patient with me as I am waiting on some of this stuff to be finished and the like so this build will take a while! I have all the parts but I am waiting for the PSU to be finished getting sleeved! I will have full photos up once I can get them and will share them in there awesome glory! Get excited this is gonna be cool! Leave any suggestions below and I will make sure to address them all. Thank you and have an awesome day!

-Nic

Last edited:

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
Bezel Mod Time!
I have decided to attempt to mod the bezel of my mini to fit the Zotac 1080 Mini in with the stock bezel. I will have to cut the bezel of the case where the marks are currently. That should happen tonight and hopefully I will have it done or mostly finished by tomorrow! Look out for more updates on this as I am looking for a really nice look to the case once finished.

Last edited:

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Bezel Mod Time!
I have decided to attempt to mod the bezel of my mini to fit the Zotac 1080 Mini in with the stock bezel. I will have to cut the bezel of the case where the marks are currently. That should happen tonight and hopefully I will have it done or mostly finished by tomorrow! Look out for more updates on this as I am looking for a really nice look to the case once finished.
dude, nice! I'm excited to see this!

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
Bezel Updates!!!
I got it to work 100% with the Zotac 1080 Mini! It looks mostly ok, I have to clean it up still and add some paint to the silver parts. This is my first mod so it’s a little rough around the edges! Once I paint it and clean it all up I’ll add a vent plate to cover up the ugly lines and such! It will look good as new when I’m finished!

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Bezel Updates!!!
I got it to work 100% with the Zotac 1080 Mini! It looks mostly ok, I have to clean it up still and add some paint to the silver parts. This is my first mod so it’s a little rough around the edges! Once I paint it and clean it all up I’ll add a vent plate to cover up the ugly lines and such! It will look good as new when I’m finished!
wow that was fast? would you mind please detailing the process and tools you used to make those cuts to get such a nice result?

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
Few More Updates
So here is the next round of updates! I know a couple people have been asking how I did the bezel mod which I will cover soon but not in this post. The reason being is I have abandoned the bezel mod project for now if not ever. I don’t like how it turned out in the end and have decided to get a wooden bezel from @Josh | NFC. I will use that instead of the mod as I think it looks cleaner that way. Now on to the updates for today! I have powdercoating lined up for these panels within the next 2 weeks or the first week of 2018. I’m going to begin to document that process here. I finally found a local shop that will do it for about $75 and will blast my panels to clean them up a little bit. Look out for those updates “soon-ish” ;).
I also have ordered these thin little cables from Amazon links at the bottom. It will help up all the cables I will have going in here with 2 drives and a M.2. The color of them will also match closely to the powdercoat I am looking at so that will be cool! Stay tuned!
Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HDEBGSQ/?tag=theminutiae-20

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
You mean like the wood front with the silver sides? I plan to test that first to see if I want to do it or not. If I like that I will keep it if not then I’ll probably coat it. I’m just waiting on the bezel for now to do anything with the panels. ;) @Josh | NFC

Reactions: Biowarejak

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
More Updates! It’s been a while...
It’s been awhile since I have given everyone a good update! This little box has been a hot mess waiting for parts powder coating and the like. I finally got it back from paint! I love the color and the wood makes it stand out. Some will like it, some won’t. It’s a beach theme so I think it’s starting to come together! I want to do a water/sand colored cables with the help of @royalba94. I got my G-Unique back from testing. It’s performing amazing and very pleased with it! I just need to finish sleeving and piecing it all back together and this build log will be complete!

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
OMG an Update!
Hello everyone, it's been a long time since my last update! Many things have changed since then! I have changed the bezel's once again and the GPU has changed as well! I have dumped even money into this endless project. XD I am an addict and I'm proud! I will have more news soon but here is an image of the how the G-Unique is coming along. I will update the full build log when I get everything but we are getting close.