Concept Circle CORE - 280mm rad, 3-slot GPU, 78mm CPU height, mesh panels, 13.7L ITX

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Jan 19, 2019
In hindsight it's laughable, considering the state of gpus now.
None of us could have known, TBH. Even for Winter One, the Beta Units (v10) ended up being too small to accommodate a 3090, so I had to make a last minute decision to change the size for final production. That sort of change (as you know) was a harrowing experience, to say the least. o_o

Needless to say, I've learnt a lot and am back with a vengeance. My goal here is to contribute to the community by helping to push the boundaries of case design. I will only consider manufacturing a concept if there's a lot of interest, otherwise it's too risky. Until then I'm going to keep posting new ideas.
I think this is a concept you should at least consider making. There isn't enough experimentation in case materials, just yet. Also, I just love the visual design. It's beautiful!
Ps. It's awesome to see the progress you've made on Winter One. From someone who's been on that journey before - mad respect and keep it up :thumb:

Thank you :) that means a lot from someone who inspired me to do this.

Vir

Average Stuffer
Apr 26, 2020
Eyy! This is amazing! The colours are great and I'm curious how it would look in transluscent orange. If this went into production with HDPlex support I'd order in a second.

Last edited:
Reactions: oOflyeyesOo

Pikaroto

Case Bender
New User
Nov 7, 2020
Boom. Semi-transparent black PC is definitely an interesting look.

I gotta say though, it probably looks even better in frosted white.

iMac G3 vibes. 🤩

Reactions: DrHudacris and Vir

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Needless to say, I lost track of the concept thread on your invite forums a while back... I assume this is what you came up with, and boy oh boy this is a beauty! I’m glad to see your back, and I’ll be following this project closely as it moves forward.

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
Looks really cool! I'm especially interested in the polycarbonate. Can't say I'd actually want one that's semi translucent, but you have peaked my interest. Are there any concerns about rigidity of the case? Will parts securely screw together? Will the cases ultimately fall apart from repeated rebuilds, due to screw holes stripping? So many questions haha.

Are there any existing examples of polycarbonate cases?

CircleTect

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Circle Studio
May 1, 2017
circlestudio.co
Will this have mini DTX support, or just mini ITX?
Technically yes, but only if you sacrifice 280 and 240mm radiator support, and that's the biggest selling point of this concept.

There's not enough interest in this concept, so I won't be producing it. I am working on a new idea. Please comment what you'd like to see in a new case!

Still looks pretty cool in stealth black.

Last edited:

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
I don’t think there’s a lack of interest, but if you insist on feedback for a new one, the only changes I would recommend are SFX-L and DTX support, for future proofing. Cases are probably the thing to be kept the longest along with monitors, so adding these (especially SFX-L) are going to enable the case to be able to keep pace with whatever madness CPU and GPU manufacturers come up with.

P.S. Perhaps dual 280mm support as well?

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

CircleTect

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Circle Studio
May 1, 2017
circlestudio.co
I don’t think there’s a lack of interest

Injection molding requires a large capital outlay upfront to make the tooling, so would be un-affordable for a small batch. Would need about a thousand orders upfront. I thought I would float the idea anyway just in case to see interest levels because I think using injection molding would solve a lot of the scalability issues we often see with bespoke extrusion / CNC designs.

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
Injection molding requires a large capital outlay upfront to make the tooling, so would be un-affordable for a small batch. Would need about a thousand orders upfront. I thought I would float the idea anyway just in case to see interest levels because I think using injection molding would solve a lot of the scalability issues we often see with bespoke extrusion / CNC designs.
Understood, thanks for elaborating!

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
No one will work with you, and keeping the molds in stock, to produce as needed, as in 200-500 amounts? Lots of smaller chinese factories can be more accepting

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
You can try getting a quote from Star Rapid (formerly known as Star Prototype) for vacuum casting.

They are not the cheapest ones but focused on smaller quantities, quality is also good. Their engineers are pretty helpful and can provide some advice how to make the parts easier / cheaper for production. I have worked with them a few times for plastic parts.

Last edited: