PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Hey all,

Just wanted to share a quick update on Kimera Industries. As you might have gathered from the announcement SFFLAB made today, SFFLAB and Kimera Industries are partnering up, and will jointly launch a new project in just a few short weeks at Computex 2018. As you might guess, I am very, very excited about this - this first step of bringing together Kimera Industries and SFFLAB means a lot as a founder of both projects, and working with Dan (who absolutely spearheaded this latest effort) has been a privilege. I can't say much more right now, but we'll have a lot to show soon!

As a part of this partnership, and in recognition of this new chapter, Kimera Industries has gone through a rebranding exercise, and is now Chimera Industries. I'm updating the website currently to reflect this change, so be on the lookout for a refreshed look soon!

Thanks for your continued support, and I can't wait to talk more about the next chapter of Chimera Industries!

Best,

– Joshua

---

FAQ

1. What does this mean for Cerberus and Cerberus X?

Not a thing - both of the enclosures, and related accessories, will continue to be available from Sliger Designs!

2. What does this mean for Chimera Industries?

A lot! Most importantly to me, it means that Chimera Industries can benefit from (and strengthen) the pool of partners SFFLAB has. It means a lot that my own passion project can participate alongside the likes of NCASE, NFC, and other stewards of the community!

3. What the heck is this thing you've announced?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
This is very cool, nice to see all the heavy weights in the SFF community teaming up, I look forward to your announcement at Computex 2018.

Reactions: VegetableStu

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
This is very cool, nice to see all the heavy weights in the SFF community teaming up, I look forward to your announcement at Computex 2018.

Great to hear about the new colab! Can't wait to see what you guys put together.

It is so, so cool to have the growing roster of partners under the SFFLAB banner that we have today. I love and respect this community a lot, and the care everyone has for what we make and what this community is about is palpable. To participate in it is a real privilege.

So my KI Cerberus X is now part of a limited run case that will gain value 2000 times ? Yesssss !

For sale: Kimera (original, OG) Cerberus X, Red with black top panel and handle kit. Slightly moist due to repeated licking. 500,000 $ asking price.

XD

Will you be renaming the Cerberus to Kerberos? :p

I almost should, shouldn't I?

Howdy

Chassis Packer
Mar 30, 2018
t is so, so cool to have the growing roster of partners under the SFFLAB banner that we have today. I love and respect this community a lot, and the care everyone has for what we make and what this community is about is palpable. To participate in it is a real privilege.

I haven't participated much at all in this community but it's super inspiring to see people with good ideas launch complicated projects and complete them with the kind of care that only a community of enthusiasts can appreciate. Wish you and all the SFFLab partners continued success!

Reactions: Alfvin and Phuncz

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
I don't want to be insensitive, but there's an elephant in the room, so I'm going to say something: The way you're phrasing things sorta hints that James might no longer be involved with Chimera. Do you have anything you can say officially?

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I haven't participated much at all in this community but it's super inspiring to see people with good ideas launch complicated projects and complete them with the kind of care that only a community of enthusiasts can appreciate. Wish you and all the SFFLab partners continued success!

Thanks for the support :)

I don't want to be insensitive, but there's an elephant in the room, so I'm going to say something: The way you're phrasing things sorta hints that James might no longer be involved with Chimera. Do you have anything you can say officially?

I announced as such back in February.