Whilst we were unable to attend CES 2020, I’ve been trawling the depths of the interwebs for SFF related coverage to summarise in lieu of aforementioned physical presence. Let’s go!
Table of ContentsAMDIntelASRockZOTACAlienwareRazerCoolerMasterArduinoiBuyPowerCyberpower

AMD
Of course, AMD took centre stage, continuing the steamroller-like (pun intended, sorry!) push of the recent years. AMD produces both CPUs and GPUs, so we get a double barrelled keynote.
AMD is pushing into the laptop space more than ever, with the new Ryzen 4000 series, Zen 2 core, 7nm laptop CPUs. Taking aim at the three laptop market segments – ultrathin, gaming and professional, a pair of new APUs was launched – the Ryzen 7 4800U and the Ryzen 7 4800H. The 4800U features an 8C16T design, running at 1.8GHz...

Continue reading...

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
On the larger side of the sffpc cases the sg14 got a new more vented design.

Asus z11 itx case (pretty big by the looks of it).

In win b1 (chopin like Apu case with glass).

I'm sure there was more, but those Stuck out to me.

Inwin's Daisy chain hotswapable rgb fans seem nice to prevent cable clutter.

Reactions: XcPNehVYlE4A3C

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Looks like Intel is in for a bad year for both desktop and laptop, I hope the AMD laptops have decent performance. At least Intel is coming with an itx sized GPU, really hope they can come up with something competitive.

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
Anyone ever ask AMD why they don't make ITX GPU's anymore? Nvidia always has at least 2-3 companies making ITX versions of every card up to around 180w of total board power, but AMD only has itx lengths for a single SKU from last gen, and a couple for their bottom of the barrel budget cards.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
There hasn't been much going on on AMD's front. I saw a modded Vega nano. Besides the Vega cards the only other cards are the 5xxx (xt) series cards. The 580(x) and 590 were only refreshes of previous 4xx series cards. So not much innovation since they were basically only overclocked versions of the previous gen. There is a 5700 itx from powercolor, and could be ordered from Japan's amazon. Nothing in the western market yet, but maybe in the future. I could see MSI doing some (they do some for Nvidia). The other 2 manufacturers of small higher end Nvidia cards (gigabyte and zotac) don't make cards for AMD.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hmmm...looks like MSI did not show any of their Z490 motherboard there.
I just read that there are 2 Mini-ITX mobo coming up, Creator Z490i and Z490i Unify (but there is no Gaming Edge WiFi. Maybe there is a change in naming or maybe later).

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
AMD doesn't control what the board partners do with their chips, so it's really on them to decide on ITX . Seems that they aren't seeing the need. Or that TDPs are challengint

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
AMD doesn't control what the board partners do with their chips, so it's really on them to decide on ITX . Seems that they aren't seeing the need. Or that TDPs are challengint

I got another question for ya. Why does MSI only seem to sell their Aero ITX GPU's to Australian's now a days?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I've no idea. We have no contacts at MSI at this time. I'm also not that knowledgeable of the Aussie market :/