SFF.Network CES 2019: ASRock

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
1,266
1,102
Grand Junction, CO, USA
So where is the A300 chipset...?

v4htTBZ.png


Maybe the "Super I/O"; top right, by the M.2 WiFi & M.2 PCIe SSD slots...?
 

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
1,266
1,102
Grand Junction, CO, USA
'Since the "AM4 CPU Cooler" is included in the domestic model, there is no need to separately prepare a corresponding CPU cooler' That's nice, but would be better if it can fit an NH-L9a

Also, I wonder if that rear audio cable works with the Intel Deskminis.

The included CPU cooler (for the Japanese domestic market, not the US market) isd the one by ASRock...

A Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 should fit fine, but removing the outer shroud from the AMD Wraith Stealth CPU cooler should reduce the overall height enough to fit into the Deskini chassis...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Blakfetha

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
154
36
I bought from CCL (UK).
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x 8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
Code# RAM3170 Mfg# CMSX16GX4M2A2400C16
£73.99
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad Core CPU
Code# CPU0536 Mfg# YD2400C5FBBOX
£119.94
Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB M.2-2280 NVMe PCIe SSD
Code# SSD0896 Mfg# ASX8200PNP-512GT-C
£76.96
ASRock DeskMini A300 Mini PC Barebone for Socket AM4
Code# BRB0560 Mfg# 90BXG3G01-A30GA0W
£134.99
Standard DPD
£5.99
Order Total (inc VAT)
£411.86

As you can see I don’t really have the best DDR, but this isn’t going to be used for gaming, it is for my mother so really just productivity and Kodi. I already have two new/spare 500GB SATA SSD so just went with the M.2 NVMe for a boot drive- again speed wasn’t the main factor. It will have W10 I just haven’t decided how I go about that yet.

It arrives tomorrow, and there was no way I could find or justify faster SO-DIMM, there was this ar basement price and otherwise well north of £200 for 16GB. In that sense I probably went overboard on the 2400G I guess? At the same time I could see some benefits in the 2200G that justified the extra cost.

CCL have had 10 in stock for a few weeks I think so it isn’t rushing off the shelves, I suppose given it ends up costing £500 it is a niche purchase as you could get a mATX system with dGPU for about the same price. Anyway wish me luck, I have built a few SFF now, using things like AM1 ITX so hopefully this should be quite easy as a barebones. In theory there should be little to go wrong (he says).

ALso when you order the A300 it gives you the option to add the things like the extra cables, I thoght I did that but looks like I haven't so I'll probably have to back order them. CCL are offering the WiFi Dongle, the VESA mount, and a USB Splitter cable that adds two USB to the side of the case- neither under or over priced.

ETA: Have I missed out a CPU Cooler? If so can someone recommend one, air cooled obviously as I am sticking with the case. Looks like I will have to order those extras above so if I need a cooler better to try and get it from CCL at the same time- something on the silent end that fits as my mother isn't going to be hammering it. It will sit on a shelve doing Email, Facebook, Office Kodi and that's about it.
 
Last edited:

Similar threads