SFF Network CES 2019: SilverStone

Discussion in 'News' started by confusis, Jan 8, 2019.

1. confusis

confusis John Morrison. Writer, Editor, Awesome Person.
    Thread Starter Site Staff SFF Workshop

#1 confusis, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Content created by Drew Duncan (@3lfk1ng )

Time to visit SilverStone, long time proponent of the SFF ecosystem. Let's see what they had on show!

Read more here.

2. enricko7

enricko7 Trash Compacter

Is that a 600W Nightjar? In SFXL form factor?

3. confusis

confusis John Morrison. Writer, Editor, Awesome Person.
    Thread Starter Site Staff SFF Workshop

enricko7 likes this.
  4. enricko7

enricko7 Trash Compacter

5. Revenant

Revenant Cable-Tie Ninja

Hmmm. The AR11 might be okay for the DAN A4-SFX

6. chx

chx Master of Cramming
    Silver Supporter

#6 chx, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/silverstones-pcie-to-m-2-range-expands.9183/#post-115652YAY @ ECM26 it fixes all the problems I had with their PCIe to M.2 adapters: now it has 110mm and keeps 1U support. Awesome. High time we have a mainstream manufacturer releasing such so it'll be available widely. @SilverStone great work!

The LD03 still looks stunning, I found earlier mention of it at https://smallformfactor.net/news/silverstone-computex-2018 and that article contains a "dual drive, M.2 NVMe Thunderbolt enclosure" which seems to have disappeared?

7. Zephyraeon

Zephyraeon Trash Compacter
    Silver Supporter

I was so excited about the AR11 then realised there's no AM4 support. Where are all the low profile AM4 coolers :(

8. VegetableStu

VegetableStu Shrink Way Wielder

any price and availability timeframe for the USB 19-to-20 pin adapter? o_o asking for a friend

RockZors likes this.
  9. smitty2k1

smitty2k1 Master of Cramming

What is the use case for this product?

10. Kwirek

Kwirek Cable-Tie Ninja

Indeed, I really like this release - will fit perfectly into my server. ^^

11. Arboreal

Arboreal Airflow Optimizer
    Silver Supporter

There's some nice kit in the Silverstone offering, not sure about the 26L LD03 though.
    Silly thing, but the CA03 M.2 screw kit looks great, so long as it's affordable.
    I bought a used Asus motherboard that has dual M.2 slots on board, but the screw sets had been lost, I could only find them for about £26/$33/29€ which was madly expensive.
    Good to have more choice in the slim fan department, I look forward to seeing the FN124 and its flashy counterpart [FN124-ARGB] reviewed at some point.

12. chx

chx Master of Cramming
    Silver Supporter