Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
The Accelero cooler came in and it fits the 1080 fine However its a true pain to install as you have to tape up a lot of components on the pcb and apply a thermal adhesive to fit the heatsinks(I got some paste in a nook and now I have a bit of coil whine). Overall its a frustrating process. That being said, it has to be the most silent cooler I've ever encountered. At 2000 RPMs its as loud as the stock cooler at idle. I ran into some issues testing it as my room temps were fluctuating so I don't have a true comparison but the Furmark tests I ran had it at 56 C max (21 C ambient).

Great to see your feedback on the cooler, looks promising for my build. Any photos? Interested to see what ram / other heatsinks needed in addition to this cooler.

Cheers

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
Great to see your feedback on the cooler, looks promising for my build. Any photos? Interested to see what ram / other heatsinks needed in addition to this cooler.

Cheers

I can definitely produce some pics, but give me a few days as I am waiting on new thermal adhesive to come in and I can't attach the heatsinks without them. The box comes with basically everything you need, but as @Runamok81 suggested to me, get better thermal glue.

Reactions: br3nd0

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
I think the Catz-C1 is going to need a revision. I can barely fit the powerconnector to my gpu, which means that any card wider than the 1080 mini will not fit (Gigabyte 1070).

Guess I'll have to wait on a revision or go with a different case since the Gigabyte 1070 Mini was my decided card. Thanks for confirming this.

Reactions: Biowarejak

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
I can definitely produce some pics, but give me a few days as I am waiting on new thermal adhesive to come in and I can't attach the heatsinks without them. The box comes with basically everything you need, but as @Runamok81 suggested to me, get better thermal glue.

Look forward to it, I wonder also what a bios mod would do to help with temps/general running of the card with this aftermarket cooler as per https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/zotac-gtx-1080-mini.1116/page-6#post-32328

Reactions: Biowarejak
E

Elitist1

It's been over 2 weeks now. If he doesn't get online tomorrow (Monday) then I think it's time to start looking for a new case. I'm really liking the Custom Mod ones.
agreeing with you

Last edited by a moderator:

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Failure to notify customers of any kind of delay or absence really isn't great. Things happen, and it's not always possible, but still.

Reactions: Jonny727272

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
First @1461748123 for G-Unique (thank goodness guryhwa is still active and responsive) and now @amitoza.... things aren't looking good, this was going to be my HTPC case.... watching this thread with great interest. I wonder if he has a partner or similar who can continue the project / orders.

E

Elitist1

First @1461748123 for G-Unique (thank goodness guryhwa is still active and responsive) and now @amitoza.... things aren't looking good, this was going to be my HTPC case.... watching this thread with great interest. I wonder if he has a partner or similar who can continue the project / orders.
i wonder this too

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: br3nd0

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
Sorry everyone! I was on honeymoon in mountains and there was completely lack of GSM network :(

I had 10 orders in second batch and before leave I was able to sent just 7 of them. last 3 will be send tomorrow. I was plan to put here this information about 2 weak ago but I didn't expect problems with network.

For now I stopped accepting any orders because like Grafite said project need some changes. there will be change in order process to, because actual does not work like I expected.
There will be standard option and custom. I have plan to order about 20-30pcs C1/C2 at once and make less colour options to reduce realization time to minimum - some colours are not in stock so sometime I have to wait 2-4 weeks for import it from provider. Realization of laser cut have sometimes 2weeks delay to, when company have a lot of other bigger orders, so I have to make this changes.

Ordering custom options will be unchanged - but realization time will be changed to 6-8weeks.

Last edited:

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
He lives! Welcome back!

Edited: please keep the white colour option :)

Last edited:

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
Sorry everyone! I was on honeymoon in mountains and there was completely lack of GSM network :(

For now I stopped accepting any orders because like Grafite said project need some changes. there will be change in order process to, because actual does not work like I expected.
There will be standard option and custom. I have plan to order about 20-30pcs C1/C2 at once and make less colour options to reduce realization time to minimum - some colours are not in stock so sometime I have to wait 2-4 weeks for import it from provider. Realization of laser cut have sometimes 2weeks delay to, when company have a lot of other bigger orders, so I have to make this changes.

Ordering custom options will be unchanged - but realization time will be changed to 6-8weeks.

Well first off congratz man! I'll be working on a build log this week and give you some insight while doing so. Your case is great, just needs a some minor revisions here or there to be compatible with a lot of hardware. But I like the changes, really good to see you making adjustment off the community feedback.

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Guess I'll have to wait on a revision or go with a different case since the Gigabyte 1070 Mini was my decided card. Thanks for confirming this.
MSI, Zotac and Galax/Palit also do a 1070 mini if they're worth looking at.

Last edited: