Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
@amitoza Any word on the second batch of cases? Also, do you, or anyone else, have a suggestion for which heatsink to go with if I'm using Intel?
Second batch will be ready on Tuesday, but tomorrow I'll go for easter to family and I'll be back on Friday.

i3? i5? i7? I like raijintek zelos - very quiet and cheap.

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
I see you put a 120mm fan on it here, did you have to do any mods to fit it on? And do you have any idea how it compares to a noctua L9i? I'm not too worried about spending an extra $20.
I used prolimatech because Zelos fan have red frame ;) - Zelos fan on 1500RPM is quieter than prolimatech on 1100RPM, and performance is similar.

if you want L9i buy 25x92mm fan for better performance.

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
Hey @amitoza since the C1 and the CustomMOD Slim are similar in size and layout, would it be fair to say I could use the PSU cable length recommendations that @sergiiua made?

" You need:
- Base unit
- Custom cables length & connectors: 4+4 CPU connector (200mm) and 6+2 GPU connector (250mm)
- Power Adapter 8pin from 220W to 400W
- Small mounting socket for CustomMOD case "

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
@amitoza - The photos from the original post are gone.

Repost them on imgur?

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
@bledha Got any pics?

Hey @Grafite, I would love to post some photos next week sometime but keep in mind it already has my motherboard in it and it will just be staying like that for at least a few months. No GPU, no riser, nothing crazy interesting, etc. I threw my mobo in, and am swamped with work for two weeks then out of the country (and away from the system) for three months. When I get back I plan to throw a GPU in etc. etc.

Reactions: Grafite

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
I've been eying your cases for a while now and I love the design of the C-1.

I'm wondering what the chances are that you will create a modified version of your C-1 (or C-2) case that will be a little longer so it can fit the hdplex 300 DC-ATX + hdplex 300 AC-DC (just got an email that it will be available in a couple days).

The sizes are:
* 300W AC-DC: 62 x 151.4 with a height of 41
* 300W DC-ATX: 50 x 150 x 25

The width of the C-1 should be fine to mount both of them on the front. The height is also enough.
But we would probably need an inner case length of closer to 220mm to fit an ITX length graphics card + the ac-dc.

So I think if your gpu is under 170mm then there should be just enough room. But that's working withing a couple mm of clearance. I have the EVGA GTX 1060 6GB and I think I will be able the fit the internal AC-DC converter. The bigger question is if I can mod the plug on the back to fit the needed power cable(not sure on the technical terms here).

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
This looks like great value!
I was thinking of making a case approx 80% similar, but thia wants me to change plans and get this.. But DIY is fun, still planning..

But anyways, great work!!

Kagemand

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
Received the case and it's beautiful. Unfortunately I can't build in it until summer as I'm away from home :(

I bought a sintech extender and will probably get a 300W HDPlex, unless there are cheaper alternatives to that.

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
Received the case and it's beautiful. Unfortunately I can't build in it until summer as I'm away from home :(

I bought a sintech extender and will probably get a 300W HDPlex, unless there are cheaper alternatives to that.

I know that feel. I haven't built a PC since 2011 (it's long since been gutted and sold) The Mrs. has given permission to let me build a PC again but looks like a Fall effort at the earliest. All I can do is lust after the hardware in these forums until then...

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017

I agree - it is very nice. I am in the same boat, can't really build in it for some months as I will be out of country. One question since someone else also go their case - did you get a plate number? @amitoza mentioned this when asked some time ago:

Yes, each case will get plate with number.

Alas, there is no such plate anywhere on my case or in the packaging. A shame! I was #2 in production and even though I don't like branding, it would have been a cool piece of SFF history. Did you get a plate?

Kagemand

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
Ah should have taken some before I left. Anyway, I think the black one here from this post is mine :-)
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/catz-c-1-5l-c-sfx-10l-and-c-ws-15l.1562/page-11#post-39591

I know that feel. I haven't built a PC since 2011 (it's long since been gutted and sold) The Mrs. has given permission to let me build a PC again but looks like a Fall effort at the earliest. All I can do is lust after the hardware in these forums until then...
Yeah budget is also an issue for me. Already have a perfectly working r9 290, but it won't fit the new case, of course! And I don't really feel like side grading to a GTX 1060...