Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
I have the ezdiy 25cm one but no case yet. I'll be sure to test fit it and get back to y'all when my case arrives.

If you could just run it under the motherboard an let us know what clearance you have on the other side, that helps too! Even still, just curious because I want to buy the same one - is it actually 25cm?

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
On an unrelated note, why not put the GPU on the right side on the C1...then we could use a shorter rise cable.. that should work no?

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Unfortunately I still don't have an itx motherboard haha. I'm waiting for the Ryzen 5 CPUs to come out before I decide which team to go with. I'm not home now, but when I get home I'll measure it and take a few pics.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Okay so I'm back home and I got a few pics and some measurements. The actual cable part is in fact 250mm, maybe even closer to 252, but who is counting right :p I included pics of it's packaging but keep in mind I've already opened it so the anti static bag is a little ripped. I also took a pic of it all bent. It's a very thick and stiff riser but it will bend just fine. I can't figure out how to get pics from my google photos on here so I'm just going to include a link to an album with all the pics. And forgive the poor quality, I spend all my money on my PC and not my cell phone haha.

https://******/photos/6uZAijqsg2U9TdS18

Reactions: bledha and Grafite

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
Ok, first batch send out, yesterday i get unibodies for Second batch - on Friday powder coating.

If 250mm riser is to short of some reasons (to long bending from PCI-e slot) here is solution.

Reactions: deadz0ne

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
Ok first batch send out as in you will send it out or are they sent out already? Let me know tracking via email if you can.

Thanks!
Sorry - sent out.
@amitoza do the regular motherboard IO shields fit in the motherboard cutout on the back of the C-1?
yes

I have more freetime for responding At worki then after work :D

Reactions: Jonny727272

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
@amitoza : Don't you mean something like this?

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
Last photos of first batch together. Why just 5? One customer pick-up his one just moment before I took this photos.

I'd love to see more example builds in your case. Did the customer who picked up their case on March 29 ever get back to you with pics or information?

PS: I haven't built a PC since 2011 and that build has long since been parted and sold. I am eagerly awaiting for finances to permit me to purchase you C-1. I almost decided on the S4 Mini but I prefer the looks of the C-1 more.

JoeSFF

Chassis Packer
Mar 25, 2017
Nice case, here's a funny story on how I discovered it... on Reddit someone wanted an S4 mini and another posted said "you could buy this case instead for cheaper". lol I certainly see sparks of inspiration from the S4 lit the fire of design for this case, at least that's the vibe that I get.

Either way, I prefer the additional space in my S4 but this option is nice for those who have smaller ideas for their SFF PC.

Pros I noticed:
  • Cool to see the wrap-around is all the way around, and is optional.
  • Great to see a Zaber Sentry inspired alternative as well, for those who want that setup with S4 mini inspired styling.
  • VERY Nice and in-depth powder-coating options.
  • Good to see the case allows for 50mm CPU coolers, a little more than the S4 mini allows for, for any who want to fit larger or higher wattage CPU coolers.
  • The GPU being turned around is great for aesthetics and reminds me of the S3.
  • It feels like an interesting marriage between the S3 and S4 mini.
  • The fact that it seems to borrow from the S4 and Sentry is interesting. That is good for those who want an alternative to those, but i can see where some may find pause in such a similar look and feel to other previously established cases.

I can't see any of the images, maybe it's just me? I look forward to seeing the images, though. :)
Hey, that's my post! haha

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Challenge for the next revision (C2): DVD slot, front usb3 and headphone/mic jack. Possible on current also?

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
Challenge for the next revision (C2): DVD slot, front usb3 and headphone/mic jack. Possible on current also?

You'd be wasting a lot of the spacing by adding those things. There wouldn't be much room for an HDplex 300w and such.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
You'd be wasting a lot of the spacing by adding those things. There wouldn't be much room for an HDplex 300w and such.

That, plus the design element being clean across the front is what attracted me to the case (and why I removed the ODD slot, even though it is itself quite minimal). I understand the utility of having those elements and I am sure amitoza could provide, but thinking of all those inputs of different color (blue for USB 3, likely silver for headphone jack) methinks it will look a little cluttered/ugly with the power button and everything altogether. The symmetry is all weird.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder however, and that utility is nice, too, but there are some console sized cases out there in black with those elements already - and for cheaper. Also, as you say Grafite, that cuts down on a lot of space in an already constrained package.