Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
I'm absolutely in love with this case, and I'm all for being able to see some of the innards, but on the other hand I'm a bit OCD when it comes to gear - for me it's either fully exposed visually (via ATX / mATX glass window to see fully inside) or enclosed, nothing to see. TLDR: Would a dust filter on top be a viable option on the C-1 without causing any heat issues?

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
I'm absolutely in love with this case, and I'm all for being able to see some of the innards, but on the other hand I'm a bit OCD when it comes to gear - for me it's either fully exposed visually (via ATX / mATX glass window to see fully inside) or enclosed, nothing to see. TLDR: Would a dust filter on top be a viable option on the C-1 without causing any heat issues?
I have plan to make removable dust filter for whole top panel from material similar to speaker cloth. - better airflow than demciflex

And smaller C1 (C2?) 4L based on this design - still with 2xSSD 2.5" support.

Reactions: Weredawg

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
DVD still possible but with cards without backplate. And support just hdplex 300W. 160W is to high. Eventually g-unique.
Wow, way to go. My dream of a console sized rig is here. Looking forward to more updates on the revised C-1. I'm on pcpartpicker now revising my list :)

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Yup, @amitoza whats the status of the cases?

Was just scrolling through the posts in the thread and noticed that he posted his power button order he placed from China here. Can't say he hasn't been transparent - that is quite nice to see.

However, it will still be a little while longer I imagine - as according to the delivery system, he only got the order of power buttons today. 2 hours ago to be precise (shipping from China takes a lifetime). So, that's some assembly time for sure. At earliest I imagine us in the EU will be receiving them end of next week, if shipping goes well. Which means still quite a while for folks in North America.

Really the strange thing to me was that the photos he posted a few pages back (of my case) had the power button in it. As did the others he showed from first batch order. Maybe it was staged so they looked better? No clue...

I will wait for @amitoza to confirm.

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
Yes, today I get buttons, so tomorrow after work shipping first batch.

On photos all of those cases have one the same power button switched for photos :)

Reactions: Grafite

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Yes, today I get buttons, so tomorrow after work shipping first batch.

On photos all of those cases have one the same power button switched for photos :)

Perfect, thanks for letting us know! Think EU customers will receive it next week? What company do you ship with?

deadz0ne

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2017

Last photos of first batch together. Why just 5? One customer pick-up his one just moment before I took this photos.

By post - priority. 100% next week.
Hey, do the Vandal switches come pre-wired or do I need to buy the connectors seperatly?

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Nice case, here's a funny story on how I discovered it... on Reddit someone wanted an S4 mini and another posted said "you could buy this case instead for cheaper". lol I certainly see sparks of inspiration from the S4 lit the fire of design for this case, at least that's the vibe that I get.

Either way, I prefer the additional space in my S4 but this option is nice for those who have smaller ideas for their SFF PC.

Pros I noticed:
  • Cool to see the wrap-around is all the way around, and is optional.
  • Great to see a Zaber Sentry inspired alternative as well, for those who want that setup with S4 mini inspired styling.
  • VERY Nice and in-depth powder-coating options.
  • Good to see the case allows for 50mm CPU coolers, a little more than the S4 mini allows for, for any who want to fit larger or higher wattage CPU coolers.
  • The GPU being turned around is great for aesthetics and reminds me of the S3.
  • It feels like an interesting marriage between the S3 and S4 mini.
  • The fact that it seems to borrow from the S4 and Sentry is interesting. That is good for those who want an alternative to those, but i can see where some may find pause in such a similar look and feel to other previously established cases.

I can't see any of the images, maybe it's just me? I look forward to seeing the images, though. :)

Last edited:

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Either way, I prefer the additional space in my S4 but this option is nice for those who have smaller ideas for their SFF PC.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the S4 actually smaller than this? Indeed I initially wanted to S4 because it was smaller - but this is slightly larger.