Production case SLM3 7.5L by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
I Iut in an order for this case earlier this week, but I see that there are 2 different versions of this case on the site? The pictures show that there are slight differences between them. E.g. one has a pcie tab for screwing in a GPU, and the other one is flat.

Are there any other major differences? Will it affect the shipping times?
It's hard for me to understand what your order number is. Write to the manager by mail and we will give you accurate information. The new cases will have removable graphics card mounts.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hi guys! Recently I assembled an assembly to a subscriber with a GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 VISION OC 8G. Temperatures are not very good for this thick card, reaching 78 degrees Celsius. This is already the second card from Gigabytes with temperatures up to 80. The fans are spinning 80%, the noise is not strong. Such temperatures remain even when the video card is without a case.

When the fans are turned on to the maximum, the temperature drops to 62 degrees.

MB: B550i asus
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

Last edited:

UncannyPally

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 21, 2021
Hello! This case is showing as preorder in the store. Is it currently available? If not, what is the expected availability date?

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hello! This case is showing as preorder in the store. Is it currently available? If not, what is the expected availability date?
yes, they are not available. under the order will be ready in November.

we have moved and now our office is right at the production site where they cut, bend and paint. we hope this move will shorten production times.

rah

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 23, 2022
What exactly is included with this case? The brochure page lists "Stand for vertical installation" as a feature. However, the shop page has an "Additionally" section which lists "Aluminum Stand for Vertical Installation". Is the stand included?

The photos on the shop page show cases with both front USB connectors and feet but again the "Additionally" section of the shop page lists "Front connectors: 2x USB 3.0" and "Screwed aluminum feet". Are these included?

The photos on the brochure page show cases both with and without cut outs for the front USB connectors. Which do you get?

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
What exactly is included with this case? The brochure page lists "Stand for vertical installation" as a feature. However, the shop page has an "Additionally" section which lists "Aluminum Stand for Vertical Installation". Is the stand included?

The photos on the shop page show cases with both front USB connectors and feet but again the "Additionally" section of the shop page lists "Front connectors: 2x USB 3.0" and "Screwed aluminum feet". Are these included?

The photos on the brochure page show cases both with and without cut outs for the front USB connectors. Which do you get?
Sorry for the confusion, I've corrected the description.

So the base kit includes rubber feet with screws and a vertical stand.

Additionally, you can complete:
  • USB 3.0 connectors on the front (may interfere with installing some video cards)
  • PCIe GEN 3.0 riser: 350mm Type B. Li-Heat
  • Aluminum legs with screws

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Updated stand for vertical installation of the SLM3 case

Now it consists of two parts and is screwed to the body with screws.
The case stands on the table more securely.

Also, this is not an additional accessory, as it was before. The stand is now included.

Of course, I also made a number of minor improvements to the design of the hull itself, but that's another story.

RedSawn

Caliper Novice
Feb 18, 2022
Finally coming to terms with how the high end GPU market may never be 2 slots ever again, and it'll be a struggle to keep finding cards worthy of the footprint of the thin sandwich style cases I've enjoyed for years. I'm not ready yet, but this is looking very tempting. Shame about not having the space for 2.5 drives with a wider card. Could deal with it, it's just a waste of perfectly good SSDs.

How crazy can you go with the custom cuts on the preorder cases?

Vesko

Efficiency Noob
Apr 11, 2020
Hi
I hope you and your family are safe in the war.
I am planning of building a small form factor PC and your case is one of the options I consider.
But I don't like the thick diagonal linear holes on the case. Can you cut some other pattern like dots or very small hexagons? Do you offer custom cutting?
What colors can you offer - thinking of white / silver / metallic / grey.
Many thanks for your answers and keep the good work!

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hi
I hope you and your family are safe in the war.
I am planning of building a small form factor PC and your case is one of the options I consider.
But I don't like the thick diagonal linear holes on the case. Can you cut some other pattern like dots or very small hexagons? Do you offer custom cutting?
What colors can you offer - thinking of white / silver / metallic / grey.
Many thanks for your answers and keep the good work!
Unfortunately I no longer have a family, my wife died in December from Covid.

Yes, I can cut a different pattern, the more holes, the more expensive the product. Yes, I can paint any color.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
We have prepared an updated model of this case.
The case dimensions remain the same. Changed the perforation, now it has become more. Removed the perforation on the front and added the RGB backlit logo. They also changed the design of the covers, the case became symmetrical. Minor changes have been made, and fasteners for ADT-Link riser Gen 4.0 cables have been added.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
We have prepared an updated model of this case.
The case dimensions remain the same. Changed the perforation, now it has become more. Removed the perforation on the front and added the RGB backlit logo. They also changed the design of the covers, the case became symmetrical. Minor changes have been made, and fasteners for ADT-Link riser Gen 4.0 cables have been added.

Glad to see you still trying to be productive even in the current dire situation. All the best & stay safe.

KidWeaBoo

Average Stuffer
Dec 12, 2018
Hope everything is alright! I'd like to support you an buy a case but your website isn't in English so I don't know how to order!

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hope everything is alright! I'd like to support you an buy a case but your website isn't in English so I don't know how to order!
I am working on updating the site and soon the English language will be back. I had to reconfigure a lot to remove Russian. Soon the site will be in Ukrainian and English. Thanks for support!