Production case SLM3 7.5L by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
SLM3 7.5L rev.4 unique mini PC case. Despite the small volume, you can assemble a fairly powerful PC in it. Extremely easy assembly due to simple design. Place the assembled computer vertically or horizontally.

A three-slot graphics card can be installed in the case, for example, the Founders Edition RTX 3080 . Or two-slot with three 2.5 "drives at the bottom, separated by a special plate for heat dissipation. Another option is a miniITX video card and an AIO for the Central Processor. A power supply inside the SFX format, for example SX750 Pl or even SFX-L like this SX1000 Pl.

We think this case is the most suitable for a compact gaming station!

• Aluminum case without a frame
  • Compatible with three-slot video cards
  • Size: 340 x 312 x 71 mm
  • We paint with powder paint in different colors
  • The video card is connected via a PCI-e riser cable
  • Compatible with SFX-L Power Supply Units
  • Removable stand for vertical installation

• The case supports the installation of mini-ITX format system boards (170x170mm)
  • Compatible with video cards up to 305mm long, no wider than 135mm,
    three slots (up to 55mm)
  • Use low-profile coolers for CPU cooling, no more than 50mm high.
    *also the case is compatible with liquid cooling systems, we recommend Asetek 645L. Take into account that the radiator takes up space for the video card, see the photo
  • The permissible height of the RAM bars is no more than 55 mm
  • Use SFX or SFX-L power supply units for power supply
  • Several 2.5" format drives can be installed under the video card
    *if the video card is dual-slot

Last edited:

Majestic

Average Stuffer
May 12, 2018
I really like this design. It's a nice alternative to the Sentry 2.0 and Modivio cases. I just don't want to wait until July to get it. I'll be checking back in on this case next year for sure.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
It only supports dual slot? It looks like it could support 2.5 slot.

Also it seems odd to have the motherboard below the GPU, the riser will have to go under/behind the motherboard and will thus block rear m.2 slots.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
It only supports dual slot? It looks like it could support 2.5 slot.

Also it seems odd to have the motherboard below the GPU, the riser will have to go under/behind the motherboard and will thus block rear m.2 slots.
What are you putting in the rear m.2? If it’s a drive, just install it before you install the mobo into the case.

Last edited:

phinix

Chassis Packer
Feb 1, 2020
Would be nice to see some real builds, tests etc
If this is almost same as Sentry, I will buy it.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Upgrades will be a pain, not only for the m.2 but likely CPU cooler. Also it's a heat trap.

To be fair, having had a node 202, ml08, and rvz02, that criticism would apply to all of them. And really, before I’d even try to upgrade, I’d remove the mobo from the case in all of them instead of trying to do upgrades with it inside. Not really a flaw, but more a consequence of the console style design.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
To be fair, having had a node 202, ml08, and rvz02, that criticism would apply to all of them. And really, before I’d even try to upgrade, I’d remove the mobo from the case in all of them instead of trying to do upgrades with it inside. Not really a flaw, but more a consequence of the console style design.
I have had the s400 and s401 (both console style)and I see no need to take the motherboard out when upgrading the cooler or m.2

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
s400 and s401 (both console style)and I see no need to take the motherb
In the cases i mentioned i could too, if I had absolutely needed too. But, I always found it far easier to just take it out and swap stuff around. Haven't had any of the console style boutique cases (s4m,s400,sentry, modivo, etc) to compare to though. As for a heat trap, i agree that he may be sacrificing some cooling potential for style points compared to say the far bigger, industrial style, ventilation vents the s401 has. I don't doubt the salvo series would cool better but I'd also imagine a 65w chip and maybe a 2070 wouldn't get too hot or loud in this one.

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
In the cases i mentioned i could too, if I had absolutely needed too. But, I always found it far easier to just take it out and swap stuff around. Haven't had any of the console style boutique cases (s4m,s400,sentry, modivo, etc) to compare to though. As for a heat trap, i agree that he may be sacrificing some cooling potential for style points compared to say the far bigger, industrial style, ventilation vents the s401 has. I don't doubt the salvo series would cool better but I'd also imagine a 65w chip and maybe a 2070 wouldn't get too hot or loud in this one.

The P-ATX has a cutout on the back, where you just remove the side panel and then have full access to the CPU mount + m.2 slot. Pretty convenient tbh. My old case I had to remove my entire mobo when I first got an m.2 drive, which meant taking the entire PC apart

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 9, 2020
I Iut in an order for this case earlier this week, but I see that there are 2 different versions of this case on the site? The pictures show that there are slight differences between them. E.g. one has a pcie tab for screwing in a GPU, and the other one is flat.

Are there any other major differences? Will it affect the shipping times?