Can Aliexpress.com be trusted?

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
The price is too good. I checked the model numbers and they seem to match with OEM verion.

Idk why the price is so low. I also found one for 78$ so it may not be a scam.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
The question isn't really can AliExpress be trusted, it's can the individual seller be trusted - AliExpress is like eBay in that regard.

As with eBay though, if an item is not as described or found to be fake, you can file a dispute.

Well.. I have not heard about aliexpress previously. Only about alibaba. Read now, that it is the same company, so I guess it should be okay then...

But do you think I can trust this seller and that this one is not a fraud/counterfeit? How do I even test a PSU to make sure it is real?

PatrickSekai7

Efficiency Noob
Aug 18, 2017
In Taobao , the price varies from 90~400 CNY(usually they will send you as gift when you buy a DC-ATX)
Take one of them as an example,the warranty period is 1 year with 24/24 good comments.
But I think this sentence makes sense in every place of the world.
IF YOU WANT A GOOD PRICE,YOU MUST TAKE THE SAME RISK.

Last edited:

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
The price is too good. I checked the model numbers and they seem to match with OEM verion.

Idk why the price is so low. I also found one for 78$ so it may not be a scam.

I have now received the power supply. Omfg it is huge! Anyway, how did you verify the authenticity? Where do you check the serial number?

Also, is there any way to test that it gives the real Ampere? An electrician at work managed to test and verify that it does give out 19.7 V as advertised, but had no way to properly test the Amperes

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
I have now received the power supply. Omfg it is huge! Anyway, how did you verify the authenticity? Where do you check the serial number?

Also, is there any way to test that it gives the real Ampere? An electrician at work managed to test and verify that it does give out 19.7 V as advertised, but had no way to properly test the Amperes
I googled the model number and looked for Original model number. I comared the two and they were same.

As far as testing Amperage, you must put a load on it. No other way arround that i am aware.

Reactions: Mortis Angelus

Rusty

What's an ITX?
Oct 7, 2017
I have bought many items on AliExpress for years now, for the most part my experience has been good.
Keep in mind, shipping from China can take a while, in addition, the vendor may not ship your item for a number of weeks after you order as well. AliExpress does offer "Buyer Protection" as well but after using it recently, it is useless. Do not equate it to Ebay. My purchase was small, I lost little money, but it was apparent my dispute was not even read ( the dispute was to simple to get wrong) I haven't ordered since.
I would have to think twice about ordering a more expensive item, waiting 60+ days to find out I had not received the same item described, and then lose two weeks in a fake dispute process.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
I have bought many items on AliExpress for years now, for the most part my experience has been good.
Keep in mind, shipping from China can take a while, in addition, the vendor may not ship your item for a number of weeks after you order as well. AliExpress does offer "Buyer Protection" as well but after using it recently, it is useless. Do not equate it to Ebay. My purchase was small, I lost little money, but it was apparent my dispute was not even read ( the dispute was to simple to get wrong) I haven't ordered since.
I would have to think twice about ordering a more expensive item, waiting 60+ days to find out I had not received the same item described, and then lose two weeks in a fake dispute process.

I received my PSU in 2 weeks. Was surprised at how fast it came. And with tracking. Everything seems to work out with the PSU so far. We'll see what happens whenever I get the system up and running sometimes in the future. :D

Reactions: AleksandarK

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
For others looking for the 330W adapters, I usually buy my adapters from http://www.my-adaptor.com/

They got the 330W version for $68. They generally sell genuine stuff. But as with any Chinese sellers, it's hard to tell if knock-offs enter the supply chain. It's just risk vs reward.

I like aliexpress for buying small stuff that I don't care about shipping time.