Oct 10, 2019
PC Part Picker list

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S 46.44 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

Would this fit/work fine for the NCASE M1 V6?

I think I will buy another fan for the NH-U9S and run push pull. There should be room for that right, or am I wrong?
Additionally I would like to add some case fans. So far I am thinking 2 Noctua NF-A12x25 under the gpu for intake. I am pretty new to building though so does anyone know if I can fit those 2 fans under the gpu?

Would this fan setup be fine or do I need something on the side of the case/rear?

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
You are good to go! Aorus doesn't have a huge heatsink so the second fan on the u9s should fit nice and easily.
You gpu is 40mm thick (2 slots exactly) so 2 fan fit easily too.
Side fans don't do much for the fans, only like 1-2 degrees max on cpu. Rear fan isn't needed since your second u9s runs kinda like a rear fan.
Best setup: u9s as intake for fresh air from the back in a push-pull. Bottom fans as exhaust.

Someone tried intake on bottom fans in the v6, this will lower gpu temps 2 degrees but cpu increase of 5-7 degrees.

Overclock that i7 and make a custom fan curve for the u9s (run at 70-75 degrees while gaming) and fans below gpu (inaudible below 50%, tollerable to 65%, see what you need to keep gpu at 75 max).

Reactions: MartinK

MartinK

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Thanks a lot for the asnwer!

Best setup: u9s as intake for fresh air from the back in a push-pull. Bottom fans as exhaust.

One question to the above. Will the case fans not take/compete with air from the gpu when used as exhaust? Or does that only amount to the 2 degrees of temperature mentioned?

hendo9

Cable Smoosher
Sep 21, 2019
Thanks a lot for the asnwer!

One question to the above. Will the case fans not take/compete with air from the gpu when used as exhaust? Or does that only amount to the 2 degrees of temperature mentioned?
Yes, the bottom fans in exhaust would be competing with the gpu intake fans. From what I have read, bottom fans as an exhaust works well when people have removed the stock gpu cooler and replaced with a 3rd party heatsink (eg arctic accelero) or removed the shroud and fans from a gpu which already has a large heatsink attached (eg. the asus strix cards).

If you're planning to leave your card as stock, I would run bottom as intake and cpu cooler as exhaust.

MartinK

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Yes, the bottom fans in exhaust would be competing with the gpu intake fans. From what I have read, bottom fans as an exhaust works well when people have removed the stock gpu cooler and replaced with a 3rd party heatsink (eg arctic accelero) or removed the shroud and fans from a gpu which already has a large heatsink attached (eg. the asus strix cards).

If you're planning to leave your card as stock, I would run bottom as intake and cpu cooler as exhaust.

Definitely planning to leave it stock so it sounds like that will be the configuration I run, thanks!

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019

Sorry, I have my build in my mind, but I have seen normal gpus doing only a few degrees better with intakes while the overclocked intel cpu was struggling (don't have a link right know, I'm at work).
Since op is having a cool and efficiënt gpu, I would still recommend to try exhaust, since 5-6 degrees cooler on an overclocked intel i7 (which you would want as high as you can for fps) will make a big difference on a small cooler like the u9s. Otherwise, the fans will sound like a Jet engine. Best way is to just try it out.

hendo9

Cable Smoosher
Sep 21, 2019
Interesting. I was planning my build with a stock gpu, bottom intake and cpu exhaust but may try switching it too.

cdot

Efficiency Noob
Oct 11, 2019
Currently I'm running 2 Fans on my U9S as push pull, exhausting air out the rear. I'm not using any bottom fans. My i7 7700K is OC'd to 4.6GHz and my GPU is stock. While gaming I'm not seeing any temps go above 75°C with a rough ambient of 25°C.

Your build will fit and work perfect!

@HyperActive - Those temps look awesome in the video. I haven't been game enough to completely take off my GPU fans and run some Noctuas just yet haha.

MartinK

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Alright, well that is definitely reassuring!

Another question, if anyone can answer: Will it be hard to use the stock cables when building? I see some people use custom cables, so was wondering if it is a huge benefit.

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
Another question, if anyone can answer: Will it be hard to use the stock cables when building? I see some people use custom cables, so was wondering if it is a huge benefit.

Stock sleeved cables from a Corsair platinum sfx power supply go pretty nicely with this case. I have a massive C14S, an accelero iii 1080 Ti, and 2 x 120mm Noctuas on the bottom, and was still able to route them in a nice way.

Last edited:
Reactions: MartinK and rfarmer

cdot

Efficiency Noob
Oct 11, 2019
Alright, well that is definitely reassuring!

As above, I’m also using the Corsair SF750 instead of 600, Platinum. They come with sleeved cables and run really well.
I’ve also seen people making custom cables themselves, with perfect length cables which really clean it up a lot more... but time, effort ?

k-rad

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 26, 2019
Martin-
I have the almost same exact configuration except I went with Asrock Z390 phantom gaming. I put in two intake fans under GPU and it is TIGHT. Also I added an exhaust fan near CPU and everything works great. Idles around 30-40 and is whisper quiet.

Batman

Cable Smoosher
Oct 13, 2019
Martin-
I have the almost same exact configuration except I went with Asrock Z390 phantom gaming. I put in two intake fans under GPU and it is TIGHT. Also I added an exhaust fan near CPU and everything works great. Idles around 30-40 and is whisper quiet.
How did you connect third-party fans to the GPU? She has only one large connector for such.