ncase m1 v6: 2070 super build check

seetoh

Case Bender
Original poster
Sep 14, 2019
Hi guys,

Just got the tracking # for my ncase m1 v6 in silver, which was the kick I needed to order the parts.

This will be my first SFF PC build, my goal is a small computer that is air cooled and prioritizes quietness.

I want to be able to power mostly esports titles at 1440p 144hz, and also run premiere and lightroom.

What are your thoughts on the below? Am going with Intel partly because of the need for a USB-C header mobo on the front IO of the case.

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S 46.44 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Twin Fan Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 Platinum
Case Fan: 3 X Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan

Any of your thoughts or suggestions are really appreciated!

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Beautiful build! Awaiting my Black v6 to arive. You are placing the 3rd fan on the side bracket? That will only make like a 3-5 degrees difference. I would safe your money and noice for that one, best is the buy a second fan for the u9s.
Futhermore, for gaming, i would choose the 9700 k-version and overclock to close to 5,0ghz. This makes a huge difference in gaming (since you mainly game).
Best setup for your build, as I have done much research for the ncase: u9s as intake fans and gpu as exhaust. Research was done on youtube, the video with the black ncase (don't know his name).
Good luck with your build.

seetoh

Case Bender
Original poster
Sep 14, 2019
Beautiful build! Awaiting my Black v6 to arive. You are placing the 3rd fan on the side bracket? That will only make like a 3-5 degrees difference. I would safe your money and noice for that one, best is the buy a second fan for the u9s.
Futhermore, for gaming, i would choose the 9700 k-version and overclock to close to 5,0ghz. This makes a huge difference in gaming (since you mainly game).
Best setup for your build, as I have done much research for the ncase: u9s as intake fans and gpu as exhaust. Research was done on youtube, the video with the black ncase (don't know his name).
Good luck with your build.

Good call on the second fan for the CPU cooler.

Thanks!